Publisher: Sega
    Genre: Action-adventure
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    GT Review

• I'm number one!

Yakuza 4 was my first Yakuza. I got it free on PS+ on the PS3, and then went back and played 1, 2, and 3. Then I played 0. Then I played Kiwami 1, then 6, Kiwami 2, and then I finally played Yakuza 5 this year when the HD collection came out. Can't wait for 7

There really hasn't ever been another game that's grabbed me like that and made be go back and play ALL the other installations. (Aside from Ishin and stuff, I mean the mainline games)

I think actually that I was never interested in watching game streams until Ben streamed Yakuza 1 back at GT, and I started watching and playing along with him. So Yakuza got me into watching streams too.

• What I said about Persona and these applies to Yakuza as well, especially there are so many different Yakuza games I predict each entry will be represented in every thread we do. Outside of that, I have nothing else to really contribute because my Persona and Trails comments also apply here as well.

• I will play this game someday. Got to get through Kiwami, Kiwami 2 and 3 first.

• I felt bad only giving this a #2 but it's still such a good game. I love controlling multiple characters and seeing how their stories come together by the end.

kinda neat how it's got one vote straight down the line like that

• Also, Akiyama is so dang good. Love me some Akiyama.

• Death, taxes, and a Yakuza game featuring in our GOTY rankings.

I have only played 0, Kiwami 1 and 2 so far, but I've been feeling the itch for more lately so I'll probably grab the Remastered Collection when I'm done with FF7 Remake.

• @axel Now that 3 has almost all the "cut content" back in it, it's a far superior game than it's OG release. Okinawa is calling to you!

• Yeaaaah! My first pick to show up on the list! Love this series, and I think it's my favorite series of all time right now. I'm almost done with 5, and I'm so happy I put in the time this year to play through them. Can't wait for 7!

• As is the case with the series I liked Yakuza 4, but it was a game I couldn't love because all of their issues. From the ones I've played I do remember I liked the fact you jumped between 4 very different characters, but there were a good amount of flow issues because of how it was handled.

With 7 not haven the same terrible combat and based on the trailers I'm hoping 7 will be the one to win me over, but I'll have to see.

• I adore Yakuza, but unfortunately I haven't played this one. I'm seeking to remedy that though as I just purchased the remaster collection yesterday.

• @tokyoslim said in The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2011!:

@axel Now that 3 has almost all the "cut content" back in it, it's a far superior game than it's OG release. Okinawa is calling to you!

I didn't realize 3 took place in Okinawa, that's awesome! I visited it last year and it was amazing, can't wait to see what it looks like in game!

• I'm pretty damn sure I'd really like the Yakuza series because I did find Judgment - also from RGG Studio - a beautifully captivating game, but damn! There will honestly never be enough time for me to start and go through the whole series anymore.
    Luckily this year Like a Dragon seems like a wonderful point to jump in, kind of a new start for everything, so I'll be definitely in with that one!

• If you don't have/want to invest the time into the entire franchise 4's a fine enough place to start since it has a recap of the first three in its menu. It's like an hour long but I mean that's better than the hundred or so it'd take to actually play all three of them I guess. Think 3 had something similar for the first two, not sure why the later ones stopped doing them.

• @hanabi I think the only thing that's a shame is that, correct me if I'm wrong, but you get 3 with the Remastered Collection. It's sort of a waste of money not to play it at that point. Unless you can but them seperately.

That said, time is worth more than money so 🤷‍♀️

Yakuza continues to sit on my backlog. Zero is sat on my shelf. I doubt I'll ever play 4. At this point I'll probably go straight to Like a Dragon after playing Zero. From everything I've seen, while the story is really good, the charm of the series lies in the moment to moment gameplay.

• Zero is a great place to start, there's no real rush to play the games, and they are not something that'll leave you in the dark about something if you skip one or two. Pretty much all of the games outside of 6 are more or less self contained, and even 6 has a pretty lengthy summation of events and a "who is this person" walk and flashback sequence.

• First time I saw a trailer for Ghost Trick, I was already in. I had just finished Ace Attourney Investigations and was craving for more stuff from them. This game is so different from them yet familiar. This game is god vibes and it's better to experience it 1st hand so I won't spoil it.

Yakuza 4. Kinda reminds me of TMNT. It's great and my 3rd favorite in the franchise. Bold move to go with 4 characters but it worked out pretty well in the end. And some really top moments of the series.

• Yakuza 4 is probably GOTY material but I still gotta buy the 3-5 Remaster. Only criticism I’ve heard is that it’s similar to Yakuza 3.

• Xenoblade Chronicles

#10. Xenoblade Chronicles - 18 points

Votes

#1: 2 (Bigdude1, GageBlackW23)
    #2: 1 (paulmci27)
    #3: 1 (FF7Cloud)
    #4: 0
    HM: 1 (NeoCweeny)

Information

Release date: August 19 [EU]
    Developer: Monolith Soft
    Publisher: Nintendo
    Genre: Action role-playing
    Platform(s): Wii, New Nintendo 3DS

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    GT Review

• I'll get around to this one eventually!