The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2011!

• Initially I was disappointed that this game didn't look as good as it's trailers (this was probably the first time I was seeing CG trailers for a game), but after several hours I've accepted its visuals. I remember liking its stealth aspects both in character development and level design. And I think I liked its story and its world. Oh, and one choice you've made that affect one of the boss fights - that was memorable too.

• One of my favourite things about this game is that they put some fun effort in to make it feel made for PC. For example, you could use your keyboard numpad if you had one to input door keypad codes.

I played a fair whack of this game when it first came out, but this was also during the dark times when the Boss Fights were outsourced to a separate developer. Hitting roadblocks the way I did because I'd wanted to focus on stealth really put a sour taste in my mouth. I dropped it not long after because other games had caught my attention.

I've got the most recent remasters with all the patches and stuff to fix the bosses, I just have never gotten round to playing it. I will do eventually as it's fairly high on the list.

Also. Shout out to the way that the game actually has a time mechanic, where different things happen depending on the time you take to get to certain objectives.

• I’ve only played Mankind Divided on PS4 and stopped because the load times were really bad BUT my god that future Prague was such a cool world and I REALLY liked the game. I’ll probably try it again on PS4 Pro.

If MD is the weak link out the two games then Human Revolution being top 10 games of 2011 makes sense. Hell, some people claim this is an all time great. I do want to play it one day.

• I like the vibes of this world but I think I'm just not cut out for immersive sim games because they never really jive with me. I also just can't play games in first person without getting extremely nauseated (same thing happens to me action-heavy games with high frame rates). Wanted to stick this one out more but couldn't play for more than 30 minutes at a time so I dropped it.

• I loved Human Revolution. Honestly one of the best stealth games of all time imo. Nothing beats being a stealthy asshole and ghosting a whole area, listening to them talk about you as you pick em off one by one.
    Not my favorite immersive sim (that goes to Dishonoured) but an incredible game and we'll worthy of a top spot.

• Last gens best game.

• A gem of a game. That one really hooked me in, immersion worked wonderfully. I had no history with Deus Ex before so I wasn't too keen on trying HR in the first place, but when I finally did I was pretty much blown away. I was still even a little surprised it was my #2 game of 2011 when I put my list together, but there was simply no denying its impact on me.

• My only memory with HR is, I was really impressed with CGI trailers then I saw the game and dissapointed that it wasn't what I wanted. I'd like to see an action/adventure game in this world with Adam Jensen, he is really cool looking character.

• @dipset

Definitely don't turn your back on this game

Sorry if I wrote it wrong: By ''turned back'' I meant people gave a chance to Witcher 2 after all this time with the popularity of Witcher 3 and thought of ''I shouldn't jump on it without playing the previous one'' mentality.

• For whatever reason, Deus Ex: Human Revolution (and Mankind Divided for that matter) just passed me by, and I honestly don't have a good reason, even to myself, why I haven't played it. Being such a big fan of Dishonored, this kind of game would be up my alley, and I'm all for the aesthetics of Deus Ex. The games get a lot of positive discussion and I need to try them one day. I guess I need to add it to the shortlist of games I need to look into, like Hellblade and Return of the Obra Dinn.

Now that only the top five remain... Predictions (in no real order of course)!

Portal 2, Batman: Arkham City, Skyrim, Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Mortal Kombat, and Mario Kart 7 are on my shortlist of what's possible, and I think Mortal Kombat and Uncharted 3 won't make the list.

Aaaaaand with that watch them be the next two...

• Out of those seven I'd say MK and Mario Kart 7 won't make it this high.

• @sentinel-beach I opted for Uncharted because despite my love for it (Spoilers), I don't think it places as high in the forum general consensus (outside of these kinds of threads) as Mario does.

Then again, I, 1.) Only frequent certain portions of the forum and 2.) Don't hear as much about MK 7 as I do about Wii, MK 8 (and subsequently deluxe) and other entries, so I know I have some selective exposure bias there.

Regardless of what makes the top five, all I listed (and more!) are all great games.

• Yeah let me say a brief eulogy for Mario Kart 7 and Marvel vs Capcom 3. MK7 is a great time and was one of the best games on the Wii, and MvC3 sits in the shadow of its predecessor, but it's a great game in its own right. RIP sweet princes.

• Battlefield 3 is gonna be top 3. Bet placed.

Top 5 gonna have Fight Night Champion no doubt...

cries inside

• @brannox most here seem to love the Last of Us and I rarely hear any bad words about Uncharted. I think it'll be top 2.

• @capnbobamous I also think MVC3 is heavily overshadowed by UMVC3.

As for MK7, I like it ok but 1. Rarely love portable games and 2. Get hand cramps playing MK7 and MKDS.

• @e_zed_eh_intern I actually didn't like UMvC3. I thought it took away a lot of the progression that made the first game fun. New characters were cool though.

• If I won't see Uncharted 3 in top 2 I swear I'm gonna lose it.

• @scotty I expect to see Dark Souls and Batman in Top 2 places.

• @sentinel-beach

Skyrim is there for sure .