The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2011!

• A gem of a game. That one really hooked me in, immersion worked wonderfully. I had no history with Deus Ex before so I wasn't too keen on trying HR in the first place, but when I finally did I was pretty much blown away. I was still even a little surprised it was my #2 game of 2011 when I put my list together, but there was simply no denying its impact on me.

• My only memory with HR is, I was really impressed with CGI trailers then I saw the game and dissapointed that it wasn't what I wanted. I'd like to see an action/adventure game in this world with Adam Jensen, he is really cool looking character.

• @dipset

Definitely don't turn your back on this game

Sorry if I wrote it wrong: By ''turned back'' I meant people gave a chance to Witcher 2 after all this time with the popularity of Witcher 3 and thought of ''I shouldn't jump on it without playing the previous one'' mentality.

• For whatever reason, Deus Ex: Human Revolution (and Mankind Divided for that matter) just passed me by, and I honestly don't have a good reason, even to myself, why I haven't played it. Being such a big fan of Dishonored, this kind of game would be up my alley, and I'm all for the aesthetics of Deus Ex. The games get a lot of positive discussion and I need to try them one day. I guess I need to add it to the shortlist of games I need to look into, like Hellblade and Return of the Obra Dinn.

Now that only the top five remain... Predictions (in no real order of course)!

Portal 2, Batman: Arkham City, Skyrim, Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Mortal Kombat, and Mario Kart 7 are on my shortlist of what's possible, and I think Mortal Kombat and Uncharted 3 won't make the list.

Aaaaaand with that watch them be the next two...

• Out of those seven I'd say MK and Mario Kart 7 won't make it this high.

• @sentinel-beach I opted for Uncharted because despite my love for it (Spoilers), I don't think it places as high in the forum general consensus (outside of these kinds of threads) as Mario does.

Then again, I, 1.) Only frequent certain portions of the forum and 2.) Don't hear as much about MK 7 as I do about Wii, MK 8 (and subsequently deluxe) and other entries, so I know I have some selective exposure bias there.

Regardless of what makes the top five, all I listed (and more!) are all great games.

• Yeah let me say a brief eulogy for Mario Kart 7 and Marvel vs Capcom 3. MK7 is a great time and was one of the best games on the Wii, and MvC3 sits in the shadow of its predecessor, but it's a great game in its own right. RIP sweet princes.

• Battlefield 3 is gonna be top 3. Bet placed.

Top 5 gonna have Fight Night Champion no doubt...

cries inside

• @brannox most here seem to love the Last of Us and I rarely hear any bad words about Uncharted. I think it'll be top 2.

• @capnbobamous I also think MVC3 is heavily overshadowed by UMVC3.

As for MK7, I like it ok but 1. Rarely love portable games and 2. Get hand cramps playing MK7 and MKDS.

• @e_zed_eh_intern I actually didn't like UMvC3. I thought it took away a lot of the progression that made the first game fun. New characters were cool though.

• If I won't see Uncharted 3 in top 2 I swear I'm gonna lose it.

• @scotty I expect to see Dark Souls and Batman in Top 2 places.

• @sentinel-beach

Skyrim is there for sure .

• I'm surprised Minecraft didn't even make it into the top 25 (The last 5 are gonna be Portal 2, Uncharted 3, Batman, Skyrim, and Dark Souls). Has Minecraft's reputation sunk because it is seen as a game for kids now? Or do people just not associate it with 2011?

• @brandon_reister

I feel like I played Minecraft in 2009 and was beyond over it by 2011.

• @brandon_reister Whoa holy shit you're right Minecraft won't make it. That's insane. That was the first game to get me into online gaming, it has a great gameplay loop, and the sheer magnitude of the stuff you could do is still incredible today.

• This forum is not exactly a representation of the gaming populace at large, I don't think it's that surprising that Minecraft is not in the list.

• @dipset I was beyond over it within two days of playing it but yeah more or less same here
    Minecraft wasn't an early access game, I don't think that was even a thing back then, but that kinda process in general just makes it really hard for me to even consider a game to have come out in whatever year it finally released in. You only have one first impression, after all.

• To the Minecraft point: It released in May 2009. It was already two years old by the time all these games came out.