The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2011!

• @bam541 said in The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2011!:

please try this out if you can and haven't already.

Stupid Sony! Just put backward compatibility for PS3 somehow!

• @scotty I've been saving my PS3 copy (along with a bunch of others) for that fateful day when Sony does backwards compability, I still believe it would happen one day.

• How has there not been a Remastered collection of the Resistance games for PS4? How?

• Just platinumed the PS4 version of L.A. Noire a month ago. It had been nine years since I'd done that before so I decided to go back now, it had been on my mind for quite some time. Sadly, though, I don't think the game holds up that well. There's something about the whole interrogation system that felt "heavier" than I remembered. And maybe the faces weren't that easy to read after all. Still, I think it's a very unique game and all in all pretty enjoyable to play. The post-war era in the '40s is fascinating to witness and the amount of people in the cast is staggering. It really makes everyone a unique person.

I've played all three of the Resistance games on PS3 and while I found them pretty entertaining and solid shooters I think they're also very forgettable of their nature. Really hard for me to pinpoint any culminating events or what happened in which game of the trio.

• Global Moderator

There are a lot of games on this list I didnt really expect for some reason! guess I didnt hear much about them at the time.

• WOAH WOAH WOAH HOLD THE PHONE
    Resistance made the list!?

Resistance 3 was one of my favorite shooters of last gen. After a relatively boring but decent first entry, an absolutely abysmal second entry saved only by it's pretty innovative multiplayer portion (80 player multi and a pretty awesome coop mode), the third game just hit it out of the park, but unfortunately nobody gave a shit by that time.
    It just really had that Insomniac flavor in full force. Great level design, fantastic selection of weapons, and they finally landed on an aesthetic that fit the series perfectly.
    I legit got Half-Life 2 vibes playing Resistance 3.
    A part of me hopes we'll get a Resistance series remaster so more people can experience this absolute banger.

• Gears of War 3
    I was considering it for an HM. I really enjoyed it but looking back at it it's really isn't all that memorable to me. I like Gears of War 2 better and atleast 8 other games from 2011.

Persona 2 Innocent Sin
    The story, the characters, the music and yes, even the gameplay is all superb imo. It really is one of my favorite RPGs of all time.

Resistance 3
    Resistance 1 was good as a launch game for the PS3 but wasn't anything special. Resistance 2 kinda sucked if you asked me. Resistance 3 I didn't care for when it came out, I didn't play it until much but it really caught me by surprise when I did eventually play it. It's is so much better than the previous games. They removed the boring military stories of the first two games and really made good use of the weapons this time around. Resistance always had good weapon design but in the first game your ammo was too limited for all the more unique weapons and in the second game you could only carry two at a time.

• I also want to mention that Resistance 3 released right around that time Sony was pushing the Move controller in games, so it had full motion controls and was amazing.

• @capnbobamous Thanks, that was a bad copy-paste, I fixed it.

• Global Moderator

I really liked Resistance 3, just couldn't fit it into the list.

And while Rayman Legends took everything from Origins and expanded on it even more, Origins was an amazing game... I wish we got another Rayman like it but don't expect it :(

• @tokeeffe9 I wouldn't trust modern Ubisoft to make a new Rayman, unless of course you want a Rayman game that is open world action adventure with light RPG and survival elements.

• @el-shmiablo I feel like there is so much potential with Rayman and a lot of things Ubisoft could do with the series.
    Also, I feel it is unfair to lump all of the Ubisoft divisions into one big studio. It feels like every studio has its own identity and flair. Ubisoft Montpellier was the developer behind the original trilogy and the 2D revival. I trust them to make another game, but they're currently busy with Beyond Good and Evil 2 and who the hell knows when or if that thing will come out.

• @demonpirate I mean, until very recently all of Ubisoft's editorial decisions went through a single person, Serge Hascoet. So it kinda is fair to lump them all together.

• I criminally haven’t finished Resistance 3 but I’ve played enough to know that I really like it. I just rebought it to right that wrong. I love the series on the whole and I actually like Resistance 2 despite it scrapping split screen campaign. Something special about the weapon wheel, varied and smart enemy AI, and scary looking bosses. I think this game is better than it gets credit for.

Per LA Noir one and done for me. It was cool to run around Hollywood and drive some old cars but this plot was completely uneven and I think the game had one of the biggest narrative-to-gameplay disconnects I’ve ever played. Nothing you say or do matters. That really killed it for me trying to play it back after the first time. I think I’d be interested in a sequel if they reimagine the series with stronger gameplay premises.

• inFAMOUS 2

#18. inFAMOUS 2 - 11 points

Votes

#1: 0
    #2: 0
    #3: 0
    #4: 3 (Scotty, Sentinel Beach, Capnbobamous)
    HM: 5 (bam541, naltmank, El Shmiablo, tokeeffe9, Nimbat1003)

Information

Release date: June 7 [US], June 8 [EU]
    Developer: Sucker Punch Productions
    Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
    Genre: Action-adventure
    Platform(s): PlayStation 3

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    GT Review

• I've got first inFAMOUS as a free game after PSN hack. I liked it, so later I've got inFAMOUS 2, which I also liked. Barely remember anything about them except that they were enjoyable and had nice mobility.

• Cole MacGrath's story is one of my favourites from the PS3 era. Those two games are excellent, I 100 %'ed them both several times. Really cool powers that worked well both in combat and traversing the city. And the story is suitably (and surprisingly) dark, I feel. A really unique atmosphere, sort of realistic but still also super-human. I found myself always waiting eagerly for the next cinematic in the story.

"Half as long..."
    "...Twice as bright."

• Global Moderator

I was tempted to put Infamous 2 on my list, but I never actually got around to finish it, just played through the first one but really liked it. Even imported Infamouse 2 CE from USA but yeah haha! Glad to see it on the list though!

• It was one of most enjoyable experiences I had with a game. Travelling was great and Amp was a solid melee weapon. It was easier than Infamous but I liked that aspect because first one was a little bit hard than it should. Adding new powers to Cole(ice&fire) was interesting and fun idea. It's just that, like I said in previous pages: Franchise is soo underrated. It's Sony's one of the Top 5 IPs. It has great potential to be a crowd pleaser but they just couldn't break the leg.

• The Infamous games have had consistently fantastic movement mechanics, and I like myself some good movement mechanics in games. I would challenge myself by traveling around and seeing how long I could go without touching solid ground.