Summer Game Fest

• Youtube Video

It can be nice to talk all the news under this topic through all summer. On one hand it's good to have something for all summer but on the other hand I like E3 week as packed as possible but now it won't be like that and more scattered.

Events that are known for now:

May 7th – Inside Xbox – 08:00 PT, 11:00 ET,
    May 12th – Sunrise #1 (surprise game reveal with Geoff Keighley – 09:00 PT, 12:00 ET
    June 19th – 14th – Steam Game Festival: Summer Edition
    June 11th – Cyberpunk 2077 special broadcast – TBD
    June 11th – EA Play – 16:00 PT, 19:00 ET
    July 11th – Technocon 2020 (Digital Extremes provides update for Warframe) – TBD
    August 24th – Gamescom Opening Night Live – 11:00 PT, 14:00 ET

• My top 3 desires from this fest are:

-PS5 full reveal+launch games+hype inducing 1-2 teaser for the upcoming years(Spider-Man 2 would be awesome!)
    -A great cinematic trailer for new Batman game+gameplay
    -A ''I have to play this!'' level Xbox Studios game announcement+gameplay

• @scotty said in Summer Game Fest:

This is Phase 1

Just a small correction, "phase 1" isn't any particular show or time period. It's the announcement of partners and studios.
    Geoff mentions it here and here.
    Next phase(s) is basically more announcements of partnering studios.

• @demonpirate

Site I took the info also included these events as part of Phase 1. I also thought that even though I felt that ''Isn't this a little bit weird as a Phase 1 for all these long break between events'' kind of thing.

• So excited for all these events. Can't wait for Inside Xbox tomorrow. Really hoping we see some more Valhalla footage as well as some kind of From Software surprise. Not necessarily Elden Ring, but that would also be nice :p

• Youtube Video

Seeing ''gameplay'' in the name makes it more exciting. We know for sure that there is going to be gameplay.

• These are my sure to be wrong predictions for Inside Xbox:

1. Elden Ring
    2. Call of Duty Black Ops 5
    3. Tell Me Why (Dontnod Entertainment)
    4. Resident Evil 8
    5. Assassin's Creed Valhalla (obviously)

Besides Ubisoft, these developers don't normally do their own show, and they have also worked with Microsoft in the past. I don't expect this to be like E3 but it would be disappointing if all we basically get is a sneak peek at Assassin's Creed.

• @shoulderguy Thank you for reminding me that this year's CoD is a Blops so I can completely out that series out of my head for a little bit.

• @el-shmiablo
    It's not BLOPS its BLOP:V........for Vietnam

• @dmcmaster V? Don't you mean IIIII?

• @dmcmaster said in Summer Game Fest:

BLOP:V........for Vietnam

What a great coincidence!

• @el-shmiablo
    I think you mean

BLOPS
    IIIII

• I'm having this feeling in my stomach that I do before first E3 conference starts. From today, we will be with this feeling for whole summer. Next gen starts...Right now!

• No Xbox, don't be sorry; it's not your fault. It's my fault for getting tricked again. I'll make sure that it won't happen again. Also, stop saying gameplay if there is no gameplay for GOD SAKE!!! Especially AC, what a dumb hype; this was not what anyone expected. Besides that first game, none of the games looked next gen. This was a not a good start for the fest to say the least.

• So much good stuff was shown, I didn't expect that!

And SCORN is a thing now, not just an EZA meme!

The highlights for me: The Medium, Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines 2 (such an awesome trailer), Scarlet Nexus, The Ascent... Of course some didn't show proper gameplay, but in terms of atmosphere, world building, etc, all of those got my attention!

• @axel said in Summer Game Fest:

proper gameplay

There wasn't any proper gameplay except the first one.

• My expectations weren't exactly high in the first place, but that was borderline embarrasing.
    Where is the Halo Infinite? Where is Coalition's project they've been hyping for years? Forza? Fable? All those games from all those developers they bought?
    Other than maybe one or two games, this was 30 minutes of my life I wish I could have back.

• @shoulderguy said in Summer Game Fest:

Elden Ring
    Call of Duty Black Ops 5
    Tell Me Why (Dontnod Entertainment)
    Resident Evil 8
    Assassin's Creed Valhalla (obviously)

0 out of 5. It's time to get Hype!

I thought Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines 2 looked great but I was already sold on that game. It showed some cool environments and scenes.

• @el-shmiablo

1st party will be in July, they said it before going into trailers. It was known this will be all about 3rd party.

• Ah. My mistake. I honestly didn't even know this was happening until it was posted in discord.