Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 (PS4/Xbox One/PC)

• Let's gooooooo! I thought the allies was joking when they talk about THPS rumors right before the reveal. I didn't see that coming, what a fun surprise. I'm so ready for this, I hope Vicarious Visions does a good job with it.

Here's the reveal stream archive. Geoff and co. really nailed it, the trailer is great and the interview is fun.
    Youtube Video

Here's the announcement trailer.
    Youtube Video

It's coming September 4th. It's a 40 dollar game!

• More details about the game:

• The game includes tricks from the later THPS games, like revert.
    • "Only a small handful of songs" didn't make it in.
    • You can share your own parks that you make in Create-a-Park. Incoming Don's Design Lab stream?
    • All the original skaters in the game are here.
    • There's a bunch of QoL additions like lightning-quick reloads of a level when you want to try again quickly.
    • There's more things to do in the levels beyond the classic missions of collecting S-K-A-T-E letters and the rest.
    • Expect better tutorials to teach newcomers or lapsed players.
    • They have "a bit of post-launch support" planned.

Taken from this Polygon article.
    https://www.polygon.com/2020/5/12/21255147/tony-hawks-pro-skater-1-2-remaster-release-date-ps4-xbox-one-pc

Also, I want to gush about the graphics. I really like how it looks, it's like how Shenmue 3 looked but way more detailed and polished.

• @bam541
    Post launch support? Old Man Bam?

But this is probably the one time I want to see something treated as a platform. Launches with 1 and 2, then adds stages and music from 3,4, Underground, Underground 2, American Wasteland, Project 8 and Proving Ground. Thus becoming the ultimate THPS platform.

• @dmcmaster That would be rad. Maybe a completely new game will be something along those lines, I feel like they're gonna make us buy remasters as many times as they can.

• @bam541
    Honestly with the itch I've had for THPS, an itch that hasn't been properly scratched since Proving Ground. I'll buy the remasters.

• https://www.siliconera.com/tony-hawks-pro-skater-12-remaster-coming-to-ps4-xbox-one-and-pc-on-september-4-2020/

Returning skaters
    Steve Caballero
    Geoff Rowley
    Bucky Lasek
    Elissa Steamer
    Kareem Campbell
    Andrew Reynolds
    Bob Burnquist
    Eric Koston
    Rodney Mullen
    Jamie Thomas
    Rune Glifberg
    Chad Muska

Also beyond the revert, lip tricks and the wall plant are also coming back.

• @dmcmaster Nah bro I don't want just levels from Underground. I need that whole experience remade.

I want Eric to betray me IN 4K.

• Activision did the right thing! THEY ACTUALLY DID IT!

I couldn't be happier based on what I'm seeing here. It's crazy they are remaking THPS1&2 for the second time in less than 10 years but this version looks awesome whereas the old remake was cash-in garbage.

Plus they added the quality of life improvements from the later games like the combo system, which for some reason wasn't in the original THPS1&2 remake. That original remake was just the original 2 games with their original bad controls and no combo system. It was a remake for the worse but they are finally righting that MAJOR wrong.

Tony Hawk is my favourite franchise so I know all of these games inside out, but I find it funny that they keep focusing in on 1&2 when the others are so much better. Maybe its because the PS2 games all hold up fine today whereas THPS1 & 2 are pretty dated? I'm not sure.

I love seeing the 2020 versions of the older skaters. I think back in 1999 when THPS1 released, Andrew Reynolds was just starting his new company/team Baker or maybe he was still on the Birdhouse team but now we get to play as a new version of him in his 40s. It's cool because its not just 1:1 remaking the original game, it acknowledges time has passed:

0_1589320676407_e3808387-fbf7-4857-828d-43ba7b2800cc-image.png

• Do you think it's a coincidence that this announcement happened shortly after the documentary about the THPS series was released?

Youtube Video

• @inflorescence They announced this game right at Tony's birthday (May 12) so it might be a coincidence more than anything, I wouldn't put it past Tony though.

• What great news. I'm pretty hyped for this, and I'm super curious if they're going add other skaters to that roster.

• @inflorescence
    Where can I buy this documentary?

• @el-shmiablo
    You sure you want to be betrayed at the Tampa AM in 4k?

• @dmcmaster I don't know if this is a pun or joke, and I know the question is not for me, but yes, I do absolutely want that, I'll gladly play a full $60 for that.

• I love what you're saying @DMCMaster about continually adding to this game post-launch but I'm with @El-Shmiablo - I NEED the full T.H.U.G experience.

I need to HATE Eric Sparrow for stealing my footage of doing a McTwist off a hotel and over a helicopter onto a quarter pipe 300ft below, and likely also hiring a Hollywood VFX artist and paying them a small fortune to make it look legit, in glorious 4K, 60fps.

• @dipset
    Honestly keep it as a crappy cover, like Eric sloppily put a picture of himself doing the trick.

• @bard91
    The Tampa AM was the start of Eric's betrayal. Although nothing good has ever come out of Tampa

• Woooow check this out! Jack Black’s channel has a new video out about the game. So cool to see the game, but even cooler to see all of these legends at The Berrics all at the same time. Tony Hawk, Rodney Mullen, Steve Cabellero, Kareem Campbell, Eric Koston, Elissa Steamer, then Jack Back, Riley Hawk. GOOD VIBES!

Youtube Video

• Guys I don’t even know what to say. I’m so happy right now. Dreams do come true. The right studio is making this. It looks great. There is clear ambition to make more of them.

I’m so happy. I’ve talked about Tony Hawk so much on these forums and I’m so happy it’s finally happening the right way.

• @dipset Glad to see someone's having a good day as well. This announcement came at the perfect time for me, I'm gonna be so energized for a while.

• @dipset I'm right there with you. When I watched the announcement, it's like my heart, it started beating again.