Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 (PS4/Xbox One/PC)

• Tony ask the original THPS cast questions , this was filmed the same day as the Jack Black video. I have a strong feeling Jack Black will be a new character.
    Youtube Video

• @dmcmaster Tenacious D track pack?

• @oscillator

My friend busted out his N64 version of THPS 2&3 a long time ago and we got to playing and I wasn’t expecting much but then the music loop started and I was like “wtf is wrong with this game?” And he didn’t know what I was talking about.

Later we went to my house and I played the same song on the PS2 version which was Del Tha Funky Homosapien and he never knew that the soundtrack had real songs. He couldn’t believe it but he never had a PS1 or PS2 so he never knew.

• @el-shmiablo said in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 (PS4/Xbox One/PC):

@dmcmaster Tenacious D track pack?

Extended remix of City Hall

• @dipset said in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 (PS4/Xbox One/PC):

@oscillator

My friend busted out his N64 version of THPS 2&3 a long time ago and we got to playing and I wasn’t expecting much but then the music loop started and I was like “wtf is wrong with this game?” And he didn’t know what I was talking about.

Later we went to my house and I played the same song on the PS2 version which was Del Tha Funky Homosapien and he never knew that the soundtrack had real songs. He couldn’t believe it but he never had a PS1 or PS2 so he never knew.

The loops in THPS 1 & 2 get the job done, but they're dreadful in THPS 3. The draw distance too.

Youtube Video – [10:58..]

• @oscillator that has to be one of the worst tony hawk players

• @bigdude1
    I think I've seen the game play itself better after running to go grab so pizza bites and forgetting to pause.

• Time for the young'uns to step up.

• @bam541

It's really sad to see demo is only for the pre-order people. Demos should be free and accessible to all gamers.

• @scotty
    It's early access to the demo if I recall, the mass public release is allegedly a week or so before the game launches

• @dmcmaster

Then it's more tolerable.

• What's funny is when I read the PlayStation Blog post about some of these "newer" playable skaters, they frame them in such a completely disconnected way from how any skater would discuss things in real life.

0_1593023437042_10d67bdc-9faa-45c7-9e0f-50b68f2f2c83-image.png

Like, they keep referring to their Goofy vs Regular stance, which would quite literally never be brought up unless its somebody like Keelan Dadd who is so good at Switch skating that you can't even tell what his preferred stance is. Also, who has heard of or read "Skateboarder Magazine"?

I get that PlayStation Blog doesn't know anything but they are acting as though these newer skaters aren't already well known and respected in the community. Riley Hawk for example has been absolutely ripping for over a decade and his Shep Dog crew has some of the most raw and impressive skating from the early 2010s. I remember watching his part from Baker's "Bake & Destroy" on my laptop while in line to get Halo 4 @ midnight in 2012.

Same goes for any one of these "new" skaters - like they are borderline underselling how impactful Letica Bufoni is on an international level.

0_1593023786979_c43ef0b3-f94d-4e17-80a0-e86906e6754f-image.png

She has nearly 3 million Instagram followers, has championed the new style of park competition skating which is now an Olympic sport, she has brought skateboarding to so many females across the globe, is part of the highly competitive group of those sponsored by Nike SB, and to sum it up is basically one of the biggest international ambassadors for skateboarding in the entire world.

I know NONE of this has to do with the actual game but its funny how they're introducing these people who have been around for more than a decade at this point and every skater in the world knows them by first name alone. I guess the video game community might now know them, but Riley Hawk is so much more than "Tony Hawk's son" and Leticia is, again, one of the biggest names in all of skateboarding in the entire world. Likely Top 5 most widely known.

• @dipset

Like you said, these informations are the basic level for people who are not interested in the sport itself.

• @scotty

Yeah, I just think the approach to the information is weird. Again, drawing attention to their stance would be like a hockey announcer drawing attention to somebody being a lefty or righty - it's pretty much a 50-50 split and a non-factor in the sport.

• I feel like it's a catch 22 because people that keep up with skateboarding to this day don't need this basic knowledge but people (like me) that don't, don't especially care because they just wanna play a fun video game aren't gonna be interested in this information anyway. Like I'll be brutally honest I'm sure Riley and Leticia deserve a spot in something like this and are cool additions for people in the first group, but I'm just gonna keep playing as either my custom guy or Rodney Mullen anyway (unless I unlock some weird-ass guest characters like spider-man or darth maul in the older games.) That said, there is one way to get people in the second group to care: show, don't tell. I guess it would make it feel like less of a reward for finishing the game as that person, but posting the video you get for these new skaters would be a much better sell than a paragraph that looks like it came out of some 8th grader's English essay.

• Yeah like basically any YouTube video or Instagram clip of their skating would’ve done more than their write ups haha

• 0_1594480917673_239473b1-9455-4f59-9b42-eda26c66b5a8-image.png

Kotaku Ranked the Tony Hawk games from Worst to Best: https://thebests.kotaku.com/lets-rank-the-tony-hawk-games-from-worst-to-best-1844342766

It's a pretty good listing but I disagree with THPG being lower than THPS HD. That game was a mess.

I also disagree with this statement: "In a lot of ways Pro Skater 4 is just more Pro Skater 3. They look similar, feel nearly the same, and use a lot of the same tricks [...] But as a follow-up to THPS3, it felt a bit too samey and unfocused."

THPS4 was only similar to THPS3 in the sense you still choose a Pro Skater and upgrade their stats. The levels were MASSIVE, layered, and had an entirely different set of objectives. It is known as being the most difficult of the series on Normal settings and was probably the biggest leap and deviation from the formula. Once you beat the game, it opens up into a NG+ will entirely new hardcore difficulty objectives. It's like two full games. Not sure how they landed on it feeling the same.

My Order from Worst to Best:

14/13 - Ride / Shred

12 - Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5

11- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD Remastered

10 - Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam

9 - Tony Hawk's Proving Ground

8 - Tony Hawk's Pro Skater

7 - Tony Hawk's Project 8

6 - Tony Hawk's Underground 2

5 - Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2

4 - Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3

3 - Tony Hawk's American Wasteland

2 - Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4

1 - Tony Hawk's Underground

God I love this series. I'd say they're all good in my list from 10 down. Downhill Jam is actually decently fun but definitely not a Tony Hawk game by any stretch. It's like a knock off SSX or Downhill Domination.

Also the GBA version of Underground and the DS version of American Wasteland (titled: American Sk8Land) are pretty fun too. I think Vicarious Visions made those as well.

• Just pre ordered it, now to wait for the demo

• THPS virtual concert coming up. The full soundtrack will be announced during it.