Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 (PS4/Xbox One/PC)

• Kinda Funny Games went IN on this THPS discussion. They might be the only media outlet I'm aware of that has the knowledge and game-by-game breakdown of the little nuances the series introduced over time. Never know they were this into the TH franchise. This was a treat to listen to.

Tim Played Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 Remake! - First Impressions
    Youtube Video

• I know they showed gameplay already, but man this game just looks so good. Skater XL haven't showed up in my region's PSN store so I'm feeling the extra itch for this, especially with what the KF guys said about the demo.

• @dipset
    The guy I posted above spends every October posting nothing but THPS content, just a fyi

• @dmcmaster Yeah this guy is awesome. Bout to watch his "Every Tony Hawk Level RANKED!" video. Can't believe there are 165 levels in the series. I remember pretty much all of them being really good except a few in THPS1 and some the contest levels in THPS3.

• Watching some more gameplay and I kinda like the little "Woo Hoos!" When landing special tricks

• Played a bit of the demo. Tony is Back, everything just feels right. Also there's modifiers to limit the tricks/controls to what was available in THPS1 and 2

• @dmcmaster said in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 (PS4/Xbox One/PC):

Also there's modifiers to limit the tricks/controls to what was available in THPS1 and 2

Which I absolutely will not do. A friend from my first year in university had the old shitty THPS Remake or whatever the hell it was called and I can't believe they opted to force those controls instead of use the modern ones.

I ended up watching the entire 165 Levels Ranked video while I worked late into last night. There are soooooooo many levels I completely forget in THPS1 & 2. I'm almost concerned that this game has too much to live up to. There are some bizarre ones like "Streets" which has potential to be completely dated and bad if they follow it 1:1, as well as some really cool ones that I forgot about like "Roswell" which are so weird and outlier which has me curious how they'll adapt it.

Also can't wait to see Philadelphia in THPS2. Pretty sure the THPS2 version had Love Park and FDR in one map. Love Park is dead in 2020 so it's actually a relic.

• WOW! So I finally got my hands on it. I don’t know how to say this other than the intro video sent a chill up and down then up my spine and I began to get emotional.

They did a remix of the Guerrilla Radio intro montage from THPS2 and they way it starts up with a 50 year old Tony and the new logo, then proceeds to run through all the skaters including old and NEW footage of the classic pro skaters.

The video winds down and the ‘press start’ menu starts up immediately into demo gameplay with ‘Superman’ playing in the back.

I’m not joking you, this got me choked up in a way no game has in a long time. This is my version of how important FF7:R is to some people.

• @dipset
    Not gonna lie I had a similar feeling, and judging by some comments when I streamed it on my Facebook for some friends and family, they had some similar feelings.

• Welp just found out who Jack Black is in the game.

• Not really relevant to this game itself, but here's a pretty awesome interview with the series producer about unsolved easter eggs in Tony Hawk games.

Youtube Video

• Also the documentary comes out tomorrow i believe

Also the documentary comes out tomorrow i believe

Yep. As a backer, I'm supposed to get a link early, though. Hasn't happened yet, but I see plenty of reviews from media outlets...

• @oscillator
    Btw will there be any physical release or was that a backer thing?

@oscillator
    Btw will there be any physical release or was that a backer thing?

They confirmed recently on Facebook that there will be a physical release, date yet to be announced.

My "early" link finally came late this afternoon - diving in now. :-)

• Bought the documentary, will try and watch it tonight or tomorrow

• Doesn't seem like the film is available to buy in Canada outside of iTunes. Damn. They have such annoying DRM. Even if I own it, I can't stream it through Plex locally. God iTunes needs to die.

• Started watching it and is it me or is the audio mixing kinda weird?

Started watching it and is it me or is the audio mixing kinda weird?

The music is loud. Otherwise, I liked the audio.

What's offputting about the audio doesn't have to do with the mixing - no game audio is used.

• Really no game audio?

Also will finish it tomorrow after getting about 10 minutes in. On my setup it sounds like a stero mix doubled with one delayed by a fraction of a second.