UbiSoft E3 2016 Press Conference Thread

• alt text

This is the thread where we can all discuss what we see at the Ubisoft Press Conference.

When:
    San Francisco: 2:30PM / New York: 5:30PM / London: 10:30PM / Berlin 11:30PM / Moscow: 12:30AM (June 16th) / Beijing: 4:30AM (June 16th) / Tokyo: 5:30AM (June 16th) / Sydney 6:30AM (June 16th).

Where to Watch
    EZA Livestream
    Ubisoft Offical Twitch
    YouTube

What To Expect
    alt text
    Watch Dogs 2

alt text
    For Honor

alt text
    South Park: Fractured But Whole

alt text
    Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Possibly There:
    Beyond Good and Evil 2
    Something Rayman
    Assassin's Creed 2017 Teaser

• I think we are getting at least some mention if not a new trailer for the AC movie and potentially how it ties into the overall lore.

• Sequel or remake, come on.

alt text

• Let us not forget Kyle's delayed Fractured But Whole reaction last year.

Bosman's Fractured But Whole?

I really want an executive in a suit introduce that game and say the whole title.

• BRING US NEW PRINCE OF PERSIA!! Pleaseee!
    E3 of dreams

alt text

• With these games alone, Ubisoft has some great line-up ready. Strongest in years I think. And most of them have release date this year, so they could have many future projects to show. Most hyped for this conference probably.

• @Hoken

Please no. Ubisoft has sucked this game dry about a bazillion times. Aside from origins/legends being made, Ubisoft clearly has little to no respect for Rayman.

But do wake me up if they actually anounce something Rayman-related that looks promising

• @Nillend even if Watch Dogs 2 ends up being an actually good game I think people will forget about this conference as per the usual just because it's the main attraction. Unless they have an amazing surprise game which they probably should have.

• @Michster They made a good platformer recently, now it's time for a new 3D game. Ratchet and Clank and Yooka Laylee were hyped for a while, would not knock them trying to get in on that. I have faith. Just keep the rabbids out of it.

• @Lexad said in UbiSoft E3 2016 Press Conference Thread:

Let us not forget Kyle's delayed Fractured But Whole reaction last year.

Bosman's Fractured But Whole?

I really want an executive in a suit introduce that game and say the whole title.

When they all turn in unison to look at him...lol

• Will Elyse get her UbiArt game this year, or is she forever doomed to be salty?

• @Minamik said in UbiSoft E3 2016 Press Conference Thread:

Will Elyse get her UbiArt game this year, or is she forever doomed to be salty?

I would love a sequel or spiritual successor to Child of Light.

• I would not be opposed to an early tease for next year's Assassin's Creed. I haven't played one since Black Flag so I think I might go back to it next year.

• Konishiwaaaaa!

• @Hoken said in UbiSoft E3 2016 Press Conference Thread:

@Michster They made a good platformer recently, now it's time for a new 3D game. Ratchet and Clank and Yooka Laylee were hyped for a while, would not knock them trying to get in on that. I have faith. Just keep the rabbids out of it.

I think the rabbids died out along with the wii. Almost forgot about Grow home, yes! Maybe...Let's hope for the best. :)

• I'm hoping for a new Rayman too. 2D or 3D would be fine as long as it's good.

• Really looking forward to getting my hands on For Honor. Hopefully they'll release a demo or beta soon ;)

• This was probably the most fun and laid back conference this year so far :) Here are some highlights for me:

1. Star Trek Bridge Crew VR - As a massive Star Trek fan, I want to play this even if the gameplay is mediocre or outright bad. From the brief gameplay they did show, it looks like an arcade game you might play in a theme park. But I still NEED to play this! As kids, we used to play Star Trek in our living rooms and this is a dream come true for a Trek fan like me. Although I am a bit scared the gameplay won't be that great :astonished: Maybe they improve it over time! :boom: :rocket:

Star Trek Bridge Crew VR

2. The Fractured But Whole - Loving the DC, Marvel and MCU references throughout the shown gameplay. And the interview part was REALLY laid back and casual. Loved that :)

The Fractured But Whole

3. Steep - This is a massive surprise just like Star Trek. The base jumping looks very zen and just plain fun to play. I just NEED to play this in VR. Looks like I'm getting a VR device soon if they confirm this for VR...

Youtube Video

BONUS THOUGHTS:

3. Trials of the Blood Dragon looks like just a ton of fun. Definitely something to pick to up over the summer :beach_umbrella:

Trials of the Blood Dragon

Watch Dogs - Feels very similar to the original but I am looking forward to seeing how they make fun of the Silicon Valley startup zeitgeist and visually recreate the Bay Area :) And I really liked the fact that you might now have music and radio like in GTA, although the part when he put in earbuds in the gameplay video might just have been a pre-scripted thing.

For Honor - Not as impressive as last year but still a solid gameplay video. I wonder if the maps will have several objectives to occupy (like landing with the ships in the beginning of the trailer) or getting get a battering ram somewhere like in Overwatch game modes.

• Global Moderator

There's not much I can add really. Great conference. Sure it had some lulls but in general, lots of good trailers, gameplay and reveals. Really impressed.

For Honor, Steep and South Park.. really tempted to pick them all up.

• Nothing wowed me, nothing. South Park was funny, I'll probably check it out but it's not like we didn't expect it.

Never liked ghost recon, and that staged gameplay showcase was extremely boring, Watch dogs 2 looks identical to the original watch dogs, so apparently they're arrogant enough to think nothing needed to be changed.

I won't watch the ass creed movie, trials? Nah. Steep? Nah. I'd rather see a new SSX. For Honor? Could be cool but I don't trust Ubisoft with anything multiplayer these days, Star Trek VR? Yeah...not getting suckered into VR for games that look like mid 90s PC games.

Division DLC would've mattered more had the game not totally bottomed out a month ago, there is NOTHING that will bring me back to that game.

Did I miss anything? I mean no rayman, no prince of persia...yawn.

The conference also went on WAY too long. But at least it was better than EA's conference, they had plenty of gameplay to show regardless if you liked their games or not.