UbiSoft E3 2016 Press Conference Thread

• Fun time, For Honor looks soooo good!

• Fun conference to watch, interesting games aswell! 4/5.

• @ZyloWolfBane Only tried the Division beta and it felt unfinished to me. What turned you off the Division?

And yeah, a new SSX would be fun :) Maybe something retor like Tricky but set in the 90s could be a good direction. What do you think?

• @marcel said in UbiSoft E3 2016 Press Conference Thread:

@ZyloWolfBane Only tried the Division beta and it felt unfinished to me. What turned you off the Division?

And yeah, a new SSX would be fun :) Maybe something retor like Tricky but set in the 90s could be a good direction. What do you think?

I played the living shit out of the division for a straight week, got my platinum. And I was about to quit playing, but then on my first "Heroic" dungeon run I met a couple of guys who've quickly become my best online friends, we went on to play the game for nearly a month solid, maxed out on Dark Zone (Yes max level in DZ) had all the good loot.

But right about the time incursions came out, they dropped the ball, so many glitches, people hiding in walls, exploiting to have OHKO damage, dropping their manhunt status by hiding in the floor, eventually you couldn't get a group with people to do the "End game" content unless you were glitching/exploiting to win, NOBODY wanted to play legit.

I added probably 25-30 people to play with and ALL of them quit as soon as some of those exploits were patched out, but people still spend all their time finding new ones, Dark Zone is straight up unplayable, the lag, disconnections and overall lack of communication with the developers turned me off.

Sold it and I won't look back. Which is a shame, it started really REALLY strong, and I was skeptical like everyone else at first, and was really happy with it.

• @ZyloWolfBane Shame, I once had high hopes for Division but hearing about massive player drops and bad experiences like the one you just shared aren't good news for the game. I wonder if they make it into Year Two :(

@ZyloWolfBane Shame, I once had high hopes for Division but hearing about massive player drops and bad experiences like the one you just shared aren't good news for the game. I wonder if they make it into Year Two :(

The other issue was their stance on people who're exploiting, they want to ban people for doing it. Originally it was 3 strikes, now they'e shifted to one strike and you're banned.

I don't think that's cool, I'd never MYSELF do anything that would get me banned but just the idea that you want to punish people for doing things that YOU left within the game long enough to become a well known exploit is YOUR fault, they aren't using 3rd party programs to hack and cheat, these are loopholes within the game's own programming.

That's totally unfair.

• @ZyloWolfBane Wait, so they are punishing people for using bugs/exploits as opposed to people using hacking tools? :(

@ZyloWolfBane Wait, so they are punishing people for using bugs/exploits as opposed to people using hacking tools? :(

Oh they're banning anyone who exploits or hacks, but it's ridiculous that they carry the same consequences.

• This was like a roller coaster that kept going UP and DOWN. For Honor and South Park stole the show but everything else felt really "meh". Watch Dogs 2 looked okay but that dialogue was awful and Steep just isn't my cup of Jones (although in VR in could be amazing).

And Ubi really needs to drop the whole fake multiplayer demos. I loved the old Ghost Recon games and even the newer ones were pretty fun, but it has been such a bummer of how they've presented Wildlands so far. =P

Presentation: 3/5
    Huber Reactions: All The Stars

• Most likely not buying any of the games shown during this conference, except maybe South Park, but the whole thing was a blast. That intro was 100% false signalling, though perhaps also the most entertaining if you're into trainwrecks, but I was laughing the whole way through. Hats off to Ubi's event coordinator.