Selective Creation: Create the 25 Essential Playstation One List!

• The N64 game of Selective Creation and subsequent Kill Your Babies! was so fun I wanted to generate a new one for everybody tackling a more competitive (I think for the community, just a hunch. Maybe not) system: The PS One. Here is a refresher on how to play:

Here's the breakdown: You've been given the power to green-light 25 games for a system, but here's the catch: these 25 games will be the ONLY games that the system will ever have. What should be the games that make the cut? By giving 25 select titles (Thus the name of this new game. If you don't like it, please change it. I'm not good at naming things), you are essentially playing an inverse of Kill Your Babies.

Here are the rules. You can only give ONE title per game, so think really hard about which game should be on the list because once you add, you can't play again until the list is complete. It could be your favorite game for the platform, or if your favorite is already present, then you can another you hold dear. Also, to keep things a bit diverse, I'm instituting a two per franchise cap, so if two games of a particular franchise are on the list, a third CAN NOT be added. Finally, if there is any disagreement about what is on this list, please address AFTER the list has been compiled, and IF you have made a compelling enough case that is accepted by MOST who have played, MAYBE what was originally left off might still have a chance to make it. If so, the community will then kick off the one game they feel as not deserving on being present. Again, give serious consideration about what game to put on with a compelling reason to avoid it being removed.

Once you have given a game, please keep a running list going for the benefit of the next person that would like to play. Because I'm pitching the game, I will give the console, but refrain from adding a game because it would be unfair for me to skew the list in my favor.

ONCE MORE: Please give a reason for adding a game. Just adding a game without explanation just for the sake of adding it makes it a prime target to potentially be swapped out!!

Also, I will institute a new rule: If you want there to be a Kill Your Babies of this list once compiled, please indicate whether or not you want to see it with either KYB Yes or KYB No somewhere in your post.

This was a bit more lengthy than I wanted so let the Creation begin!!

• Let's start this list with

1. Final Fantasy VII

The 1st real FF I've ever played since it was the 1st ever released in europe, it was also the game that made me a RPG fan, there just can't be a PS1 list without it.

1. Final Fantasy VII
    2. Revelations: Persona

I met the love of my life 20 years ago, Persona. There's actually some problems with this particular version of the game because Atlus hadn't mastered their localization just yet, but this was the game that started it all for me. It's the first RPG I ever remember playing and it's the beginning of my favorite franchise. It stands defiant and dark against the generally more cheerful Final Fantasy series.

tl;dr - you can kill demons with a mop.

1. Final Fantasy VII
    3. Metal Gear Solid

Youtube Video

"Metal... Gear!?" Hideo Kojima's Masterpiece that I consider to be one of the best videogames of its time, setting new cinematic standards in video gaming. Metal Gear Solid's intriguing plot and the memorable Bossfights still hold up till this day.
    And this Soundtrack... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyE0UabtLn0
    One of the greatest games on the Playstation 1 in my book.
    10/10 Would visit Shadow Moses again. " ! "

1. Final Fantasy VII
    3. Metal Gear Solid
    4. Policenauts

I'm adding Hideo Kojima's surprise hit on PS1. A great point and click, interactive comic of sorts. It really was a great game worthy of its legacy.

1. Final Fantasy VII
    3. Metal Gear Solid
    4. Policenauts
    5. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

I actually never played SotN until I got it as a PS1 Classic on my PS3.

It still holds up. What an incredible game.

• @Light One of the best of all time!

• @Light

1. Final Fantasy VII
    3. Metal Gear Solid
    4. Policenauts
    6. Final Fantasy IX

A great send-off to the PS1 Final Fantasy games, and one of the best in the franchise period. (definitely the best of the main PS1 FF entries)

1. Final Fantasy VII
    3. Metal Gear Solid
    4. Policenauts
    6. Final Fantasy IX
    7. Medal of Honor

Love this game.. haven't played it in years so who knows how it holds up

• Final Fantasy VII
    Revelations: Persona
    Metal Gear Solid
    Policenauts
    Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
    Final Fantasy IX
    Metal of Honor
    Spyro 2 Riptos rage the best platforner on the system

• Global Moderator

1. Final Fantasy VII
    3. Metal Gear Solid
    4. Policenauts
    6. Final Fantasy IX
    7. Metal of Honor
    8. Spyro 2 Riptos Rage
    9. Arc the Lad 2

I put Arc the Lad 2 here really for some selfish reasons. It's my favorite game and I feel that it doesn't get the love it deserves, but really theres some real great story, battle systems, and world exploration in this game. The characters are meaningful and important, the sprite work is beautiful, and damn this game is filled with some great music.

Examples:

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

Also there are some similar things in this game that are in FF7 except this game came out first soo...

• @FF7Cloud The only reason I didn't go for Spyro is because I love all three of the originals equally. Same with the Crash games. Too hard to choose. I probably would go with Ripto's Rage and Warped though. I hope someone adds CTR to the list. Honestly enjoyed that more than Mario Kart.

• @Light yea there all really close i played ripto first so it more nostalgic for me as for the crash series i think crash 2 is the best one, and ctr is awesome right up there with mario cart 64 maybe even better

1. Final Fantasy VII
    3. Metal Gear Solid
    4. Policenauts
    6. Final Fantasy IX
    7. Metal of Honor
    8. Spyro 2 Riptos Rage
    9. Arc the Lad 2
    10. Xenogears

It's my personal favorite RPG on this system. It had a fun combat system and it had mechs! The soundtrack was amazing and I liked the characters.

1. Final Fantasy VII
    3. Metal Gear Solid
    4. Policenauts
    6. Final Fantasy IX
    7. Metal of Honor
    8. Spyro 2 Riptos Rage
    9. Arc the Lad 2
    10. Xenogears

Gah. There's 2 FF on the list already, I would have voted Tactics if not.
    Instead, I'm seeing a lack of racing and fighting games on that list, so I'm gonna go with ...

11.Gran Turismo 2

1. Final Fantasy VII
    3. Metal Gear Solid
    4. Policenauts
    6. Final Fantasy IX
    7. Metal of Honor
    8. Spyro 2 Riptos Rage
    9. Arc the Lad 2
    10. Xenogears
    11. Gran Turismo 2
    12. Silent Hill

Crash, Resident Evil, Legacy of Kain and Ape Escape gotta make this list.

• @Ruaidhri18 The Arc The Lad games were never released in europe till Twilight of Spirits on PS2, I have them on PSN now though.

• Global Moderator

@Musou-Tensei Play the living hell out of them!

1. Final Fantasy VII
    3. Metal Gear Solid
    4. Policenauts
    6. Final Fantasy IX
    7. Metal of Honor
    8. Spyro 2 Riptos Rage
    9. Arc the Lad 2
    10. Xenogears
    11. Gran Turismo 2
    12. Silent Hill
    13. Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2

Someone beat me to Ripto's Rage lol.

Has character customization, a good create a level, tons of secret areas and cheats. Just an overall great game. Anytime I had out of town family that was into games, this was one of the two I'd bug them to play with me lol.

1. Final Fantasy VII
    3. Metal Gear Solid
    4. Policenauts
    6. Final Fantasy IX
    7. Metal of Honor
    8. Spyro 2 Riptos Rage
    9. Arc the Lad 2
    10. Xenogears
    11. Gran Turismo 2
    12. Silent Hill
    13. Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2
    1. Kula World

One of my all time favorite puzzle games.