What does your dream next-gen launch lineup look like?

• Like what do you hope is announced, not Godfall and AC: Valhalla.
    Though, if you're super excited for Godfall or whatever, put it in there. I'm not a cop.
    I think speculation and dreaming is fun, as long as you don't get too terribly upset if whatever you're imagining doesn't come to pass. Aside from just a title, what are you hoping the game itself is like?

PS5

Horizon One Dawn: You play as Aloy's grand-daughter in the future of the 'Horizonverse. Plot twist: You are actually Aloy, and you've been captured by the machines who've jacked into your brain and placed you in a "Matrix" like fabricated world.

Anything but a Souls game from Bluepoint: I just don't like Souls games. Would rather it be Dragoon or literally anything else.

Judgment 2: Judgment Day. I will also accept Judgment 2: Electric Boogaloo as a title. RGG finished working on Yakuza 7 last year sometime. That means they've probably made 2 more games by now.

A SEGA fishing game: with a robust single player campaign, light RPG elements, and a robust competitive online tournament mode

Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse. Insomniac's take on multiple playable Spider-Men/Gwen

Fatal Frame VII: Repulsion (just to confuse people - it will be referred to as FFVIIR).

• For PS5 specifically:
    Sly 5: The logo will be just like any other Sly game, except number five will use the PS5's logo font.

Rockstar's Agent makes a triumphant return: It's basically GTA but you play as a James Bond-esque character.

Ace Combat 8: Scattered Stars: Prepare for some epic anime space combat battles. Also, the number eight in the logo is formed by two planets crashing to each other.

The Last Guardian remake by Bluepoint: Sony is not satisfied with getting 81 on Opencritic. "Aim for the skies!" said Jim Ryan to the Bluepoint CEO, while Jim throws his PS4 controller into the stratosphere after being frustrated with TLG's controls, subpar framerates and dated graphics.

Savage Starlight game by Naughty Dog: No Star Wars license? No problem. Also, it looks exactly like Star Wars 1313.

• @bam541 said in What does your dream next-gen launch lineup look like?:

Also, the number eight in the logo is formed by two planets crashing to each other.

sign me up for that shit

• @tokyoslim

Judgment 2: Judgment Day. I will also accept Judgment 2: Electric Boogaloo as a title. RGG finished working on Yakuza 7 last year sometime. That means they've probably made 2 more games by now.

I think you mean "Judgement 2: Terminator Day".

Spiderman 2
    GTA 6 (but I would also take Agent. Might be nice to play a Rockstar game not as a deplorable piece of shit)
    Hitman 3
    Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale 2; completely retweaked and more blatantly a Smash ripoff (insert joke about it being a battle royale game here)
    Final Fantasy 16

• @tokyoslim said in What does your dream next-gen launch lineup look like?:

Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse. Insomniac's take on multiple playable Spider-Men/Gwen

Interesting but I prefer the real sequel.

@bam541 said in What does your dream next-gen launch lineup look like?:

Rockstar's Agent makes a triumphant return: It's basically GTA but you play as a James Bond-esque character.

Please! I want to see this. But don't make it an open world, make it more focused like the last Max Payne; maybe inbetween, half-linear.

@bam541 said in What does your dream next-gen launch lineup look like?:

Savage Starlight game by Naughty Dog: No Star Wars license? No problem. Also, it looks exactly like Star Wars 1313.

Sign me up! I'm craving for more Uncharted's set-piece action scenes since the final act of Lost Legacy.

I want to see HZD2 and next Batman with the launch of the PS5, a new IP with a great promise and being one of the new members of God of War, Uncharted, The Last of Us, Spider-Man frontlines. Seeing a teaser for SpiderManPS5 would be awesome and new Uncharted from San Diego.

• @scotty said in What does your dream next-gen launch lineup look like?:

Interesting but I prefer the real sequel.

I'm not sure why you think that's not a real sequel. You've already got 2 of the Spider-people in the first game.

• @tokyoslim

Because of the Spiderverse part. It's already done recently in other media, they won't use it this soon with game universe.

• @scotty I think you missed the entire point of Spiderverse.
    lol

• @tokyoslim

I'm pretty sure I didn't.

• I know this is supposed to be a dream lineup, but I've still tried to keep it within the realm of possibility.

• Rocksteady's new superhero game: I don't care if it's Green Arrow, Batgirl or Superman. No scratch that, anything but Superman, please. Give me that amazing Rocksteady combat and world design, give me that DC lore, it's been way too long!
    • Dead Space 4ever: It starts in space, then goes to Earth, then back to space again. New protagonist but you will encounter Isaac at some point. Also the player 2 from Dead Space 3 but he'll tragically die soon after. Ends with a Battlestar Galactica scenario where the last few survivors from Earth (but really just from America) escape on a huge ship, but plot twist post-credits, there's a marker on board!
    • Dead 5pace: Yes, Dead Space 4 AND 5 are both launch titles because fuck you I've waited long enough. The search for a new home planet continues for humanity, as the player controls different protagonists in different sections of the Battlestar Galactica where shit is going down. The planet-hopping brings brand new horrors to face. As a nod, if you look out the window of the spaceship, you can sometimes see the Ace Combat 8 dogfights happening in the distance.
    • Alien Isolation 2: Oops, looks like EA and Sega didn't consult each other and both prepared amazing space survival-horror games for launch! Oh well, I don't mind!
    • Necromorph VS Xenomorph: Psych! They actually worked on a crossover together! It is only unlocked once you've platinumed all 3 aforementioned games (no not the Green Arrow one!), and it is an online mutltiplayer shooter full of microtransactions. It makes zero business sense, but somehow people latch onto it. A year after launch, Travis Scott holds the first ever virtual space concert onboard the Ishimura.
    • Splinter Cell Breakpoint: Sam Fisher is really old now so you play as his daughter (I forgot whether she's alive or faked her death or some shit, but let's say she's alive). Sam himself replaces Grim as the voice in your ear, so we can still get a regular dose of sweet sweet Ironside bass. He's always worried she's going to get herself killed but she's sassy and sometimes mutes him, leading to some comedy gold.
    • Castlevania: The Netflix Series: The Videogame: A gorgeous art style similar to the series, classic 2D metroidvania goodness, multiple playable characters. It doesn't follow the plot of the show at all.
    • The Chronicles of Riddick: Stealth-action-open world, you will travel to multiple planets and expand on the cool lore of this underrated Vin Diesel masterpiece. There is NO connection to Dead Space, don't push it.
    • Tomb Raider: It's just called Tomb Raider. It's a reboot of the series. It goes back to the gameplay roots of the old games, but with Unreal Engine 5 triangles. But rebooted. At the end, Lara unearths a marker.

• @axel said in What does your dream next-gen launch lineup look like?:

As a nod, if you look out the window of the spaceship, you can sometimes see the Ace Combat 8 dogfights happening in the distance.

Don't forget the two crashing planets forming a ominous number-8 esque figure! It's essential to the lore, and sets the groundwork for future EA-Bandai Namco collaborations.

Also, you might as well call the upcoming console generation the Dead Space Generation, because everything's gonna be connected to it. It's just the way it is folks.

• Ok so keeping things grounded,

• Project Re Fantasy The studio finished Catherine Full Body at the end of 2018 so they might only have a like a year and half of full development, so it might not be ready, but this is the one I want the most, I just want to see what is Soejima's take on the genre.
    • Cyberpunk I'm already playing this on PC when it releases, but I'll likely double down on the PS5 version when it comes out, I just prefer playing on consoles.
    • Game from Arkane I just like what they've done so far and I'm hoping they can make more cool stuff despite the lackluster sales they've had.
    • Death March Club Can't help but be curious what comes out of this studio.
    • DeltaRune I'm completely out of the loop on this one, but the fact that one of the best games ever looks like it could have come out of the 90's and I'm not expecting the sequel to be much different makes me realize just how little I care about the most commonly talked points of the next gen consoles.
    • Tony Hawk Underground 3 Give me a stupid ass story that travels the globe, and just make it crazy, the remakes reminded me how much I liked 1 & 2, so this should happen.
    • Persona 5 Fighter Of all the spinoffs they could make it's still weird for me they didn't go for this again, it was obvious, the two previous ones were great and I could really do with a fighter like that again.
    • A decent Jojo game It's nonsense that this is not a thing, and I just want to keep Namco's hands away from something like this, it is very clear to me they are not able to make interesting stuff right now, so idk Platinum would be nice, but Jojo deserves a video game that does justice to it.

And just because I liked the idea so much

• Spiderman: Into the Spidervers I haven't played Spiderman PS4, I might later but I don't really care, but my god if they do this and it looks like the movie and I can play as Ham and Penny and Noir and Gwen and whoever else .... yeah say nothing more I'd be so in.

• I mostly wish for new IPs and unexpected sequels.

• XSX:

New Perfect Dark that's like the original
    New Splinter Cell that's like the original trilogy
    Halo Infinite has the atmosphere of Halo 1
    Some dream IP rebirth (MechAssault, Jet Set Radio, Project Gotham Racing, pre-Paradise Burnout)
    Starfield

• Ahhh so we're dreaming here - I like this. I kinda want the PlayStation 5 lineup, launch or later down the road, to emulate the wonderful PS2-era where there were all sorts of games and major companies like EA and Activision made more than 2 games per year.

1. Gran Turismo 7 - The dream: Full PSVR2 and wheel support. State of the art graphics and physics. Sport Mode is still primary but there are also at least a dozen fictional road circuits like old GT games. Dual Sense Haptic feedback to represent fresh tires vs desegregated ones, or wet and dirty tires feedback differently than dry ones.
      Remember when we played GT3 on PS2 and our jaws were on the floor? Then it happened again when we played GT5 on PS3 - we didn't know graphics can be so lifelike. As Director Kazunori Yamauchi would say, "better than real life". The PS5 version of GT needs to floor us again, because GT Sport didn't.

2. SOCOM Remastered - I don't trust Sony to find the right studio for a true SOCOM sequel yet. A remaster of SOCOM 1 & 2 would be a perfect way to test the waters of the series again. Eliminate the single player and just have it multiplayer only with maps from both games. In a world where the Battle Royal genre is the number one genre in multiplayer today, why the hell not bring back a hardcore military shooter? Not to mention that PUBG proves that a realistic and simple "art direction" can sell millions of copies.

3. Arcade Sports Game - Give me anything. NBA Street 4, Need For Speed Underground 3, NHL 3 on 3, SSX 4.
      A N Y T H I N G.

4. Warhawk - Do the right thing. Bring it back Sony. Huge battlefield maps, 32 or 64 player Capture The Flag, 4 player split screen, lots of destruction.

5. 50 Cent game made by Naughty Dog - Imagine an Uncharted style game but you play as 50 Cent. The drama is real, the song "Heat" plays in the background. You sometimes are an Executive Producer making hit TV shows, sometimes you tour with Snoop and Warren G, sometimes you fight ISIS. Naughty Dog can make the story make sense.

• @dipset have you tried 3's in NHL 20? No progression or anything but good with a group.

• @e_zed_eh_intern

I know of this 3 on 3 mode but the NHL series has been pretty bad since NHL 10 in my opinion. Once the "physics" changed in 2011 (they aren't physics, they were a bunch of different animations), I felt the series got pretty sluggish. Then the controls kept getting slower and more sluggish and I outright stopped playing them in like 2013. I can't believe that even in NHL 20, you can still do those moves where you kinda skate a bit left, then switch to the right, and just blow past the defenceman. You could pull that in like NHL 08.

I want just a good arcadey sports game. Even something like NHL 06 would do for me. Just something unrealistic and fun.

• Fallen Order 2
    Having just recently watched the first season of Mandalorian and having just started playing this, it is evident that Star Wars still has "the juice", even if the sequel trilogy was a giant, directionless clusterfuck.

God of War 2
    I don't think I need to repeat everything I've said about this game on this forums yet again.

Wipeout Next
    Since Nintendo will never release a new F-Zero, I'll count on Sony to bring us into the next generation of hover racing.

DmC Devil May Cry 2
    Fuck the haters I loved this game.

Silent Hills
    Just rent the license to Sony and let Kojima go bonkers like he was supposed to.

NFL Blitz 2020
    Like bro it's not hard just add wrestling moves to Madden.

• I just thought of something else seeing the mention of NFL Blitz

A Blood Bowl game that is not the board game translated to a video game, but just actually an american football game with fantasy creatures killing each other, like I love the concept but I dont have the patience to learn what is a fairly complex game when I just want to smash creatures into each other while pretending to play ball.

• @bard91 you're looking for Mutant League Football, friend.