What does your dream next-gen launch lineup look like?

• @e_zed_eh_intern

I know of this 3 on 3 mode but the NHL series has been pretty bad since NHL 10 in my opinion. Once the "physics" changed in 2011 (they aren't physics, they were a bunch of different animations), I felt the series got pretty sluggish. Then the controls kept getting slower and more sluggish and I outright stopped playing them in like 2013. I can't believe that even in NHL 20, you can still do those moves where you kinda skate a bit left, then switch to the right, and just blow past the defenceman. You could pull that in like NHL 08.

I want just a good arcadey sports game. Even something like NHL 06 would do for me. Just something unrealistic and fun.

• Fallen Order 2
    Having just recently watched the first season of Mandalorian and having just started playing this, it is evident that Star Wars still has "the juice", even if the sequel trilogy was a giant, directionless clusterfuck.

God of War 2
    I don't think I need to repeat everything I've said about this game on this forums yet again.

Wipeout Next
    Since Nintendo will never release a new F-Zero, I'll count on Sony to bring us into the next generation of hover racing.

DmC Devil May Cry 2
    Fuck the haters I loved this game.

Silent Hills
    Just rent the license to Sony and let Kojima go bonkers like he was supposed to.

NFL Blitz 2020
    Like bro it's not hard just add wrestling moves to Madden.

• I just thought of something else seeing the mention of NFL Blitz

A Blood Bowl game that is not the board game translated to a video game, but just actually an american football game with fantasy creatures killing each other, like I love the concept but I dont have the patience to learn what is a fairly complex game when I just want to smash creatures into each other while pretending to play ball.

• @bard91 you're looking for Mutant League Football, friend.

• Yeah, Mutant League Football was hype. I'd be down for a new one of those!

• I think after Xboxs disastrous start last gen they really need to come out swinging or it's another domination from Sony.

Halo Infinite

Think this has already been confirmed as a launch tile. With Halo 4 & 5 being mediocre at best 343 really need to knock it out of the park they can't afford to fuck this up or Halos dead. I love a full game of the open levels from earlier Halos with loads of vehicles & some linear sections aswell with good level design.

Fable reboot

I think this one's in the works also. I hope Fable keeps close to its aesthetics & humour but with a Witcher 3 like open world with deeper rpg & dialogue mechanics but easy enough for a more casual gamer to get into
    like the earlier Fables.

Pefect Dark Reboot

Again this has been going around the rumormill. I'd like a 3rd person action adverture with loads of cool gadgets & with multiple ways to approach a level.

Lost Odyssey 2

I loved the first game. Mistwalker don't seem to be up to to much I could go for another decent sized budget traditional JRPG from the mind of sakaguchi I think he's 1 left in him.

Conker or Banjo-Kazooie

Don't get enough 3d platformers nowadays. This would be a big win for nostalgic older gamers & something the kids could play also (well maybe not conker)

Sega Arcade racing game

I know Phil has been cozying up to Sega lately. I'd like an old style arcade racer from Sega like Daytona or Sega Rally no customisation or other bullshit, just pure fun pick up a play arcady goodness

• Legend of dragoon remake giving a similar treatment as the ff7 remake.
    Demon's souls remastered/remake From bluepoint games (its been rumored to long to not be a thing)
    New digimon story game just more of the same with a new setting is good enough for me

• @paulmci27 realtalk it's so sad to see how far Halo has fallen as a series.
    realtalk #2 I would do some things to get another Lost Odyssey.

• Sadly I don't think we will see another big project from Sakaguchi but I would love to be wrong about that, and from someone that was unbelivably hyped by Fable 2, ended up pretty dissapointed, and then sickened by 3 I would be curious on what they do with that franchise, but I would just say to thrash all the systems they had and start from zero, cause man if morality systems generally suck, Fable's was a whole other level of bad, still loved playing 2 though, despite how bad it was.

• @el-shmiablo I played Halo 4 for a couple of hours walked down some bland corridors shot some metal looking thingy in the head about 25 times before it died & went fuck that uninstalled

Lost Odysseys such a great game hits ya right in the feels . Even them bastard kids Cookie & Mac couldn't ruin it for me.

• I just have zero excitement for Halo Infinite knowing that 343 are behind it. They made two games in a row that clearly show they don't really know why people fell in love with Halo in the first place.

• @bard91 You're probably right about Sakaguchi but a boy can dream. The Fable games were always better in theory than practice but there's definitely something there if put in the right hands.

• @el-shmiablo as someone with close to zero experience with Halo can you elaborate a bit on how it is they've dropped the ball with the later games?

• @el-shmiablo I totally forgot about WipEout! Crazy racing games need to come back in the next gen, it's been a long time coming.

• @el-shmiablo said in What does your dream next-gen launch lineup look like?:

I just have zero excitement for Halo Infinite knowing that 343 are behind it. They made two games in a row that clearly show they don't really know why people fell in love with Halo in the first place.

I’m with you.

I just bought Halo MCC because I’ve wanted to play Halo with my friends for years but we all refuse to buy Xbox’s (except for my one friend who is a die hard Halo fan who needs Halo at all costs). Kinda funny that it took M$ so long to bring Halo to PC that I care so much less now. Fun fact - I bought a used X360 for Halo Reach and it broke immediately after my XBL Gold free trial expired and I paid for a full year. Microsoft basically told me to go fuck myself even though a firmware update killed it.

I digress.

This PC version of MCC is kinda weird. Only game that’s ever chugged for me in the start menu. I have to restart my computer to play it normally. I have no issues like this with any other game. Allegedly it’s bug riddled at the moment too but I haven’t noticed anything too bad.

343 did some good work in making Halo Reach have less obnoxious reticle bloom but fixing the obvious problems in Reach is as obvious as fixing a leaky hydro dam. 343’s work on upgrading Halo CE and Halo 2 is visually nice but it’s weird that their best work as a studio is spending a bajillion years updating really old games.

Halo 4 and 5 are absolute dog dirt across all departments. I basically want to believe that Halo Infinite will be good but I somehow doubt it. At least if it’s good, it’ll be on PC but how the hell are the supposed to release Halo Infinite when they still haven’t finished releasing the full MCC on PC after announcing it like 2 years ago?

• My dream is an official trade-in program that will allow you to exchange old-gen console to new-gen console with full data transfer.

Games? Assassin's Creed Valhalla is more than enough for me.

• @dipset Ruffian Games and Splash Damage are dealing with MCC for PC. 343 has very little involvement.

• @phbz Fair enough. I don't think they get any credits though. 343 Ind gets the credit upon booting it up. They also are doing the media interviews, fixing bugs, and running the Halo Support forums. They muuuuust be pretty involved.

Regardless, they made Halo 4 & 5 ground up which are both generic identity-less nothing shooters so I stand by Halo MCC being their best work which is essentially ports, remasters, and glossy versions of old assets. Not to say that isn't a lot of work, but if I'm supposed to be excited about Halo Infinite based on what I've seen from 343 Ind, I'm not excited.

• @dipset MCC has several developers involved, with 343 as main responsible for the whole thing. To be honest I don't know exactly who's responsible for what, just that there are several developers involved for different games and different sections within the MCC which might explain the complications.

As for Halo 4 and 5. Mostly 5 was underwhelming when it comes to setting, narrative and characters. It doesn't give me confidence regarding their grand vision for the series but (unpopular opinion) when it comes to the fundamentals of shooting, level design and performance I do take 343 over bungee. Enemy and weapon design are superior too, imo.

But those projects come from a time when allegedly MS marketing was much more involved in the creative process which according to Phill no longer happens. Can't say I'm excited, since they haven't shown anything. Just optimistic because they're in a position where I expect MS to fully be behind them.