Best/Worst Remakes and Remasters

• @yoshi Shame about that Switch port tho.
    0_1590410770582_1590400903909.jpg

• How the hell did that happen?

• @el-shmiablo So buy the PC version if you're that concerned about it mr cherrypicker

• He can't but anything, he just spent all his money on a security flamethrower for his car.

• Looks like Saints Row 3 Remaster is somehow one of the best ever

We're Not Kidding - Saints Row The Third Remastered Is An Exceptional Effort
    Youtube Video

• @dipset That is fantastic news. I never actually played the PS3 Full Package I bought for more than an hour or two.

• Best remake:

Worst remake:

I'm not a warcraft 3 fan. In fact I don't play RTS games at all. But Warcraft 3 Reforged wasn't just a shitty remake, it literally ruined the old version of the game. There are a lot of shitty remakes, a lot of disappointing ones, but you can always go back and play the original. I don't think any other remake has retroactively gone back and destroyed the original game. Blizzard outdid themselves with this one.

• @paper-lion said in Best/Worst Remakes and Remasters:

But Warcraft 3 Reforged wasn't just a shitty remake, it literally ruined the old version of the game.

How? I'm not aware of this.

• @scotty Apparently in addition to rebalancing the whole game for the worse, they added a bunch of text in the legal mumbo jumbo parts to literally say that any mods or game modes you make for WC3 are Blizzard's intellectual property, your ideas that you come up with belong to them if you implement them into their game. They are likely salty that DOTA is so popular and they don't get a piece of the action, so they want to make sure if anyone creates some new thing they can claim it's their thing.

If you make a mod now in WC3, you have by making the mod in WC3 agreed that Blizzard owns all "titles, computer code, themes, objects, characters, character names, stories, dialog, catch phrases, locations, concepts, artwork, animations, sounds, musical compositions, audio-visual effects, methods of operation, moral rights,"

They also made it bannable to make mods using other games' assets, which apparently ruined a lot of popular mods for WC3 that relied on stuff like that. Super mario themed things etc. etc. and they ruined a bunch of quality of life things like tournament ladders and everything competitive was removed, and the game is just filled with bugs and issues. They also sold it with a trailer featuring a cinematic cutscene, and none of those exist in the game. They had promised them, but changed their minds, trailer is still up on the WC3 Reforged website tho, pretending that's the game you're buying.

But here's the kicker. They've removed the original game. If you want to play the original WC3, tough shit. The Blizzard launcher will download Reforged, and simply disable HD textures for you. You are forced to play the remake. It also means the $30 you pay for Reforged is simply a texture pack.

It's wild how they thought they could get away with this shit.

• @paper-lion

I didn't understand the mod part. Can't other companies also claim that mods that gamers created are theirs? Like can't Bethesda say that ''This mod is mine'' or Rockstar for example? Is there anything to prevent that?

• @scotty Technically they can all do that, but I don't think it would hold up well in court. It was made in their game, but it is not by any means their property. That's how games like DOTA were able to branch out and become their own things. What Blizzard has done is put it in the fine-print that all mods made with their game are their property, thereby getting free ownership of any mod that could make it big.

• @capnbobamous said in Best/Worst Remakes and Remasters:

Technically they can all do that, but I don't think it would hold up well in court.

So, you are saying court wouldn't accept to give the mods to companies and would claim ''This is made in your game but not yours''?

@capnbobamous said in Best/Worst Remakes and Remasters:

That's how games like DOTA were able to branch out and become their own things.

I know.

@capnbobamous said in Best/Worst Remakes and Remasters:

What Blizzard has done is put it in the fine-print that all mods made with their game are their property, thereby getting free ownership of any mod that could make it big.

Other companies would have a problem about claiming mods legally even if its their own properties territory but Blizzard made sure that they can claim everything by this extra fine-print; did I get it right?

• @scotty Yeah you pretty much got it.