What's your current gaming setup?

• @faaip Love the minimalist aesthetic.

• @el-shmiablo Thanks man. I try to live simply

• Apparently IKEA is open so I might check it out this weekend to see my options in getting this gaming room going. I know the white walls are bland @Oscillator but there is a chance I might make career changes in a few years and nobody wants to prime walls before leaving a rental.

I honestly haven't had a cozy bedroom vibe since I was a little kid sitting on the floor of my room cranking my neck upward and somehow not writhing in pain.

• Long shot but does anybody own the Autonomous Ergochair 2: https://www.autonomous.ai/office-chairs/ergonomic-chair

A co-worker told me somebody recommended them the company but they can't remember who. It's $449 for what seems to be a budget version of a Steelbook or Herman Miller. I also found a company that sells "gently used" Steelbook chairs in the $250-400 range (retails new for $1000-2000) but I'd rather spend the extra $100, get something new and have it delivered to my apartment rather than get a Uber to pick up a used chair from another city.

Unforeseen expense but my desk chair is kicking the bucket FAST.

• @dipset I have one. Nice chair, comfortable. Seat cushion is a little hard, but I just got it and it might break in. Not a deal breaker either way. I wouldn't say It's Herman Miller Aero comfortable, but I'd give it a solid 7 or 8 out of 10. I only paid $349 for mine tho. It's a (high grade?) plastic chair. Dunno, but it seems like for almost $500, I might have wanted a metal chair.

Pretty adjustable. Could be a little taller. I have a very long torso and the headrest baaaarely reaches a comfortable spot at the tallest position. This is typical tho, I usually have to buy oversized chairs. My only real issue w the chair. 6/10.

Casters are plastic crap, like with most office chairs. Never put them on and replaced them with rollerblade-style casters. Not really gonna knock it for this, as it's very common, but I did spend an extra $30 on casters. Your mileage may vary.

The armrest pads are also a bit on the loose side. they just kinda float to where you want them with friction, so if you use them to push off standing up, or put any pressure on them while sitting, they may shift position. As far as I can tell, they are designed that way, and I can see how it's a feature and not a bug - just something I'm not used to. :)

alt text
    alt text

• @tokyoslim

Holy shit, thanks for the thorough response. I'm in Canada so there isn't any way around spending like $450 on this (found a $40 off promo code online). The "better" Steelcase (I accidentally called it Steelbook earlier) chairs I've found are $395 flat but they have a lower back and no mesh. I know they retail for more but I somehow feel like that might just be retail markup because they don't look any superior than the Ergochair 2.

0_1594842057574_9c42bf14-1e27-4c8d-a93d-2f048aabae69-image.png

0_1594842085530_9b72058d-021b-4cd2-a7a5-3963bd097746-image.png

I might bite on the Ergochair 2 either now or in August. It'll take a month to come in but Facebook people are saying it can take 2. So we're looking at me getting it a month or 2 before Cyberpunk and hopefully my current chair survives that long.

I'm mainly trying to avoid buying another Serta. It served me well and it looks nice, but the faux bonded leather material is flaking away with a vengeance. I have to vacuum my floor borderline daily cause this thing suddenly starting tearing apart at a rapid rate. Went from a few little tears to just falling apart with little shit all over my floor.

• Yeah, my chair (and desk) took a couple months, but they were backordered when I bought them. So I knew it would be a while. That Steelcase chair looks like it might be worse than the Ergochair2. Seems to have all the features I'm not entirely crazy about, but none of the good ones. :)

• UPDATE Allies.

I made some improvements to my gaming room / office / spare room.

• Cheap pull out futon for old school hover in front of the TV vibes, but also a place for my little bro to say if he's in town (display model discount baby).

• TV bench. Quite small and won't house majority of my games / VHS tapes so I'll likely need to get a floating shelf or something.

• Ergochair 2 (under the recommendation of @TokyoSlim - thanks!). Pretty good, better than what I had. Only complaint is that the arm rests are really far away from the elbows. EDIT: def installed them backwards.

This room is officially cozy. Might get some plants (or steal some from my girlfriend's rain forest in our living room).

0_1597518460690_IMG_4160.JPG
    0_1597518485489_IMG_4161.JPG

I still need:

• CRT or HDTV that'll play GC and N64
    • More storage
    • Picture frames (might hang my photography)
    • Better and less harsh lighting
    • MAYBE some LED lights to dive into boorish gamer aesthetics
    • A webcam for Google Meets @ work

Thanks for the advice. Not that I followed it all.

Just a very major warning about shopping @ IKEA:

If you value your time and sanity, avoid IKEA unless the items you want are in-store and you have the means to pick it up. I live in a major city and nobody owns a car unless they are rich or a sadistic person who loves traffic. I ordered delivery and received 98% of my items in a timely manner. The last item, my new TV bench, was a saga of 15+ hours on support and multiple canceled orders for the reason that they think I didn't pay for it, despite multiple chat transcripts showing that I have. The order would get canceled the day of delivery every time without notice.

If you have an issue with your order, you will suffer at a minimum of 4 hours to even get a hold of somebody to resolve the issue. Trust me, I've had to re-connect with support 3 times and every time it was a 4 hour wait. I believe I have been in contact with 9 representatives and only the last person was useful.

My former roommate (who's house I moved out of in April) had ordered something that was out of stock in the store. It still hasn't arrived... it almost took me 2 months.

• Shoutout to Mariah Carey.

• I'm going to redesign my game room this winter because it's a mess.
    I will make pictures again after I finished :)

0_1606831285555_IMG_20201201_145210.jpg

0_1606831275878_IMG_20201201_145459.jpg

My PS4 and Switch are in the living room.

• @neocweeny
    Needs MOAR cables!!

• @phbz

I need to start labeling my cables...

0_1606845069399_IMG_20201201_183519.jpg

If anyone knows a good RGB SCART switch with more ports that would also be a great help =D

• @phbz
    MOAR POWER

• @neocweeny Sick tower of power, btw

• @neocweeny I did that for my music setup, was a nightmare before that.

• @e_zed_eh_intern Thanks!!!

Definitely one of my prides in my collection, it's in great condition and region free =D

Also all powered by only one AC adaptor, also got a cable that it takes the audio from the headphone port.

• Let me know what your cleaned up gaming room is looking like. I need inspiration for my own room.

• @NeoCweeny Good to see the original Xbox :)

@Phbz Compared to my setup, you ain't seen cables! (Will try and get a pic in due course.)

• 0_1608050736341_MvC ac 2.PNG

Finally got my Marvel vs Capcom cabinet from Best Buy and got it all set up. Very happy with how it turned out.

• @themarcv
    Looks nice, looking to grab one myself once I figure out where I could put it