Vote for the forum's GOTY 2010!

• Let's not waste any time, and move on to the next (previous) year: 2010!

Also known as the year of Kinect. As I browsed the list of releases, I couldn't believe how may titles rang a bell, but not always for the right reasons. It was the wild west of the PS360 era, with a lot of, to put it nicely, swimming in sevens. Or sixes, or fives... But there's also a ton of absolute classics, from mainstream successes to indie or niche darlings.

As usual, here are the rules:

You may select up to 8 games, a ranked Top 4 and up to 4 honorable mentions. They will be scored as follows:

#1: 5 points
    #2: 4 points
    #3: 3 points
    #4: 2 points
    Honorable mentions: 1 point each

Honorable mentions are optional, but you must at least have a Top 4.

Votes are secret!! Don't post them here and instead send me your list via the chat function / private message of the forum.

Games are eligible only if they were released in the West (US and/or Europe) for the first time in 2010, with the following caveats:

• "Straight" ports to new platforms in 2010 (such as Assassin's Creed II on PC) are not eligible.
    • "Enhanced" ports, with some new content/features, (like Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition) are also not eligible.
    • DLCs and expansions (like World of Warcraft: Cataclysm) are not eligible.
    • Games in beta / early access are not eligible.
    • Stand-alones (such as Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare) are eligible.
    • Full remakes are eligible.

To make sure you don't forget anything, I've compiled a non-exhaustive list of eligible games in the post below. Please, please, please read it carefully, multiple times if you must, and make sure you don't miss anything. If a game you liked is not in this list but fits the criteria, feel free to vote for it anyway!

If you're unsure whether a game is eligible or not, feel free to ask in this thread and we'll discuss it. Check Wikipedia for more ideas too.

The votes will close in about 2-3 weeks, and as usual I'll harass you if you forget to vote!

Have fun!

• January

Bayonetta, Darksiders, VVVVVV, Army of Two: The 40th Day, Dark Void, Mass Effect 2, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars, MAG, No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle

February

Global Agenda, White Knight Chronicles, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat, BioShock 2, Dante's Inferno, Shiren the Wanderer, Dragon Ball: Origins 2, Art of Balance, SOCOM U.S. Navy SEALs: Fireteam Bravo 3, Aliens vs. Predator, Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth, Deadly Premonition, Heavy Rain, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Napoleon: Total War

March

Mega Man 10, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Supreme Commander 2, Final Fantasy XIII, Yakuza 3, Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, God of War III, Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight, Metro 2033, Infinite Space, The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom, Red Steel 2, Just Cause 2, Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, WarioWare D.I.Y., Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love

April

Dark Void Zero, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction, Monster Hunter Tri, Dead to Rights: Retribution, Nier

May

Dementium II, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Skate 3, Lost Planet 2, Bit.Trip Runner, Split/Second, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, Trauma Team, Alan Wake, Red Dead Redemption, Blue Dragon: Awakened Shadow, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Blur, ModNation Racers

June

Alpha Protocol, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, Disgaea Infinite, Transformers: War for Cybertron, Sin & Punishment: Star Successor, Lego Harry Potter: Years 1–4, Naughty Bear, Ninety-Nine Nights II, Singularity, Sniper: Ghost Warrior

July

Crackdown 2, Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies, Limbo, StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift, Hydro Thunder Hurricane

August

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game, Monday Night Combat, Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days, Ys Seven, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Mafia II, Metroid: Other M, Valkyria Chronicles II, Ace Combat: Joint Assault

September

Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X 2, Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Professor Layton and the Unwound Future, Halo: Reach, The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest, Phantasy Star Portable 2, R.U.S.E., Civilization V, Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City, Dead Rising 2, Front Mission Evolved, Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, Quantum Theory, World of Tanks

October

Wii Party, Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs, Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light, Shantae: Risky's Revenge, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Def Jam Rapstar, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, Dead Space Ignition, Arcania: Gothic 4, Medal of Honor, Super Scribblenauts, Kirby's Epic Yarn, DJ Hero 2, Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, Fallout: New Vegas, Vanquish, Super Meat Boy, Fable III, Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare, Rock Band 3, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

November

GoldenEye 007, Blood Drive, Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage, God of War: Ghost of Sparta, James Bond 007: Blood Stone, Ys: The Oath in Felghana, Dance Evolution, Kinect Joy Ride, Kinect Sports, Kinectimals, Sonic Free Riders, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, Sonic Colors, Pac-Man Championship Edition DX, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Raving Rabbids: Travel in Time, Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom, Gran Turismo 5, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, Dead Nation, Epic Mickey, Nail'd

December

Tron: Evolution, A World of Keflings, Echochrome II, Raskulls

• Already looked at the Wikipedia list, and I had no idea that 2010 was so stacked, at least for me. Turns out a lot of games I really like came out this year. I'm gonna be late for the votes again, it's kinda hard to decide.

I want to check out Mafia II before I vote, thankfully they remastered it... even though it's not a very good remaster job, apparently.

Shout outs to:

• Just Cause 2 (a sequel that is leaps and bounds better than the original),
    • Metro 2033 (can't get enough of that thick, creepy underground atmosphere),
    • Alpha Protocol (the loveliest janky game of all time),
    • Vanquish (Platinum Games made a shooter! It's everything I wanted from them).
    • Skate 3 (one of the defining games of my middle school years),
    • Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse (still my favorite Telltale game),
    • and MGS Peace Walker (one of the best handheld games ever made).

• This post is deleted!

• Is Mount & Blade: Warband eligible?

I'm not sure if it's a stand alone expansion or just dlc. I've only played Warband so I don't know what the differences are from the original.

• Going through this list, I'm realizing that 2009-2010 were the only two years where I was truly a Hardcore Gamer (TM). First time I can remember having to make some hard cuts, and while I think a lot of people will share my number 1, I doubt many people will agree with the rest of my rankings.

• @shoulderguy Wikipedia says it's stand-alone, so it should be eligible.

• I only have 20 games on my list for 2010 but this year has some real bangers though.

Here is the Gametrailers GOTY for 2010:
    Youtube Video

I like how GT used that scene from Red Dead Redemption in the opening. lol

• It's a weird one for me.

At first glance, 3 games jumped out to me as "Oh yeah that's gonna make my list", but then I have about a dozen others that I just feel lukewarm about.

"Yeah, that was alright... That one was also alright..." Gonna be hard to rank those!

• As I am literally playing Mass Effect 2 at this very moment, I feel particularly well equipped to say: it's a real good game y'all.

• Another start of, "huh, I wonder what I played from 2010," that ends up in, "OMG THAT CAME OUT IN 2010?! IT'S MY FAVORITE!!!"

Still a lot I did not play, but my favs are going to compete hard for everything other than #1. That's gonna be another, "my wife and I bonded over this," game.

• Blur could do with some love because Bizarre Creations really nailed it with Blur-such a cool racing game.

• @axel When will GOTY 2011 go live?

• @JDINCINERATOR Already done, sir. https://forums.easyallies.com/topic/5684/the-eza-community-top-25-best-of-2011

EDIT: Unless you're talking about the Community Showcase, which is 2-5p Monday.

• @sazime I meant for the community vote.

• @sazime Are you referring to the EZA Community Showcase? Is it live on Twitch?

• @jdincinerator I believe, but I could be wrong, they submit the resets for the showcase, which is tomorrow on Twitch.

The thread linked earlier are the results of the votes for GoTY 2011.

I hope I'm answering the right question (and that's I'm right on the showcase thing), I'm not always the most up to speed.

• The resets?
    Ahh right I'll take a look at that link then.
    It's hard to tell whether the showcase is broadcast on Twitch because there's no post informing us of when it goes live.

• Check the main site, https://easyallies.com/ on the right. That should be the time and day (Monday) that it's happening. Time will depend on your locale.

• Omg May is sweet!