Vote for the forum's GOTY 2010!

• I think the main difference is that Undead Nightmare came out in 2010 whereas Episodes came out in 2009 and simply got a physical release in 2010.

• Well I was trying to get busy with work, but being honest I'd rather do this and just procrastinate for a bit, 2010 had some weird choices so it will be interesting going through that.

• @hanabi But isn't Undead Nightmare only eligible because it's a physical standalone release? It's not like EfLC would be eligible for 2009. Because it was a DLC in 2009, not a standalone release.

• @capnbobamous It was gonna win either way

• Some thoughts:

1. We've all been here long enough to know what is going to win and it'll prob win GOTD as well. I'll give it a vote but it's not my GOTY or GOTD
    2. Enslaved is a 7 that went under the radar - that does not make it a 10
    3. If you look away and cover your ears during the cutscenes, Other M isn't a bad game
    4. As a general rule, never look at or listen to any Final Fantasy cutscenes and 13 is no exception... BUT, people aren't wrong when they say if you can make it past the first 15-hour-long tunnel, it opens up and becomes much more fun

This year more than most, I see a lot of games that I'm almost certain I would vote for if I had played them or played them more. Should be an interesting vote from 2 down.

• Damn after looking at wikipedia's 2010 list of games, I realized that this year was very very good, including one of my top 5 games ever and a lot of smaller games I love, some though calls will be made on my side

• I have my Top 8 but the order is still a little rough. I'd love to give some more love to some of those, but then again there's no denying the quality and the great memories of those "usual suspects" that seem to be taking my top spots.

• @capnbobamous I just want to add to this, that ME 2 has a brilliant inventory management system and it's criminal how no one has tried to copy it.

• Yeah I am 90% sure GTA: EfLC was not standalone until the disc release in 2010 so I defer to the GOTY Master @Axel on this one.

• Not standalone in 2009
    • Standalone in 2010

I have some people in my corner and some aren't. I'm not going to argue my case more than I have but I will say that it is important for my GOTY list to know the eligibility.

• Episodes From Liberty City was released on disc for the 360 in 2009 and ported to the pc/ps3 in 2010 so for sure it is not eligible for 2010.

• Excellent. I'm excited we're doing such a quick turnaround. I understand why a break between the threads are needed, but as always, I can't wait. Sending my votes now.

• @neocweeny said in Vote for the forum's GOTY 2010!:

Episodes From Liberty City was released on disc for the 360 in 2009 and ported to the pc/ps3 in 2010 so for sure it is not eligible for 2010.

Oh. Then I misread the Wiki page. I digress.

• this was very tough for me i had a clear top 4 but they were all extremely close in ranking all being games i beat multiple times some from franchises i loved to new entries, honestly alot just came down to technical aspects to seperate them..

• Like I said before, 2010's november was the time I got into video game hobby for real(reading, watching, following etc). So I remember that Autumn like yesterday. It's not that hard to rank for me.

• There's some big games in 2010 that I have never played due to not owning a Nintendo console between the N64 and Switch lite.

My #1 and #2 game of 2010, I didn't play until years later. I spent most of my year playing my #3 game. I guess doing this has taught me that I went through a time period from when I was like 20-30 where I wasn't really playing like more than three games in a year.

• the year i graduated high school this will be a good one

• @neocweeny said in Vote for the forum's GOTY 2010!:

Episodes From Liberty City was released on disc for the 360 in 2009 and ported to the pc/ps3 in 2010 so for sure it is not eligible for 2010.

And I would say, aside from this, just because you didn't get to play a game when it launched doesn't mean it didn't launch. That, and we've all had 10 years to catch up.

• Alright so in light of the evidence provided by @NeoCweeny I would say Episodes from Liberty City is not eligible. It'll get its shot next time :)

What I've seen about Cave Story also shows that it released in 2004 on PC, 2007 on PSP, so I think that should also make it not eligible.

• Yeah Cave Story had a 'comercial' release in 2010 but I played the game years before that when it was just uploaded for free on PC

• I played it back in 07 or 08 myself it's just with how the rules work for this kinda thing I needed to know if it was eligible for this year or some other one before I put my list in. Because I'll tell you right now if it was this year it'd be #1 and frankly it probably still will be wherever it fits down the line.