Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS5)

• Might as well make a topic for it!

Youtube Video

So I just read this: https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/spider-man-miles-morales-is-a-remaster-and-expansion-sony-clarifies/

“I guess you could call it an expansion and an enhancement to the previous game,” he said.
    “There’s a substantial Miles Morales component – which is the expansion element – but also within the game as well there’s been major enhancements to the game and the game engine, obviously deploying some of the major PlayStation 5 technology and features.”

What... does that mean? I'm so confused. So it includes the original game, with improvements? And there's a Miles Morales extra episode?

Or is it just a very poorly worded way of saying that it uses the same gameplay as the original but with improvements and a new story... which regular people would simply call a "sequel"?

• I still have no clue if this is a stand-alone sequel, DLC, expansion, or what.

• @demonpirate I think is an expansion for a PS5 remaster.

• I think what they mean is that they've built off the base of the previous game. You probably shouldn't expect anything radically different from the first game other than a graphical upgrade and new gameplay elements that take advantage of Miles' expanded powers and moveset.
    Same ol' New York (maybe with some expanded burroughs) but with a whole new Spidey, is what I get from all this.

• It's like a ''definitive'' edition of SpiderManPS4, which means: Spider-Man base game with ray tracing, faster loading times, improved textures etc+The City That Never Sleeps DLC package with same improvements+New long DLC/expansion which includes Miles as protagonist with probably 10+ hours gameplay/story.

At first I thought it's own thing like a spin-off game but I think it wouldn't be strecthing to say this is the SpiderManPS4 remaster with big extra content in the form of Miles. Like I said in the other thread; I'm happy to be able to play new content with new gameplay mechanics and story but it's also sucks that this remaster means we won't see Spidey2 for PS5 before 2022. It was rumored for 2021 fall but that's long gone now after this reveal.

• @scotty I hope owners of the PS4 version get some kind of discount.

• @phbz

Now that you mention it, yeah; it would be pleasing.

• @demonpirate
    I think it might be something like Lost Legacy

• I think it’s like a sequel without radical changes. Makes me think of “The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena”. In the marketing leading up to release of that game, they didn’t know what to call it. I heard expansion a few times but really, it’s a remake of the original plus a new game with the same mechanics and nothing radically different.

In the end, people end up calling that a sequel even though it’s an expansion. I think it’ll be similar to that. New character, new improvements, but not a radical overhaul.

Just speculation obviously.

• Standalone game confirmed

• I think I'll wait more news from now on...

• Honestly, comparing it to Lost Legacy is a good thing in my opinion.
    While I certainly enjoyed the mainline games, I thought Lost Legacy was a great departure from the ultra linearity of those. They made the first half of the game semi open world and you could tackle objectives in any order you wanted. At a certain point they railroad you in until the end of the game but I preferred that style over the main games.

• Ok good, that makes way more sense. Really couldn't believe it would be a weird re-release + extra content. Hype restored.

• I like ''definitive edition with new expansion'' more than ''stand-alone with the scope of Lost Legacy''. How about definitive edition with the new expansion in the scope of LL? Hope it will be like that.

• @scotty I don't think they'll make a definitive edition because I expect the PS4 version to be backwards compatible with PS5 enhancements.

• @El-Shmiablo

Makes sense but I'm still curious about this: Will they also have ''already'' enhanced editions of PS4 games in the stores with PS5 logo(Like Xbox did when backwards compatibility became a thing; they wrapped some of their games in Xbox One cases) or will people download already enhanced editions while they go to store from their PS5 system for game like Spider-Man, God of War, TLoUPII etc?

Or will it be like this: Buy the game physically or digitally; when you download it you will have to download ''enhancement'' GBs either way? Digitally it wouldn't be weird, they will add it into the games already probably but still curious about the physical part. Maybe they don't want to try print new enhanced ones and will just put the PS4 version in PS5 case and make you download the ''upgrade'' patch.

• @scotty My money is it functioning much like having a PS4 Pro. You insert/download the game like you always would and you just get the enhancements of the newer system.

• 0_1592151125226_6588.jpg

About the first game:

I didn't like Miles a lot; I liked him much more in Spiderverse movie. Hope with this stand alone he will be more likeable. Also:

When I saw the meme, nod to Spider-Man 2 came to my mind: ''That totally worked last time!''. I was grining from ear to ear. I'm waiting for Spider-Man 3 nod in the sequel now that symbiote will be a big part of the story.

• I'm glad it's a standalone game. I doubt it will be a launch title for PS5, but it would be pretty sick if it was.