Deathloop (PS5/PC)

• It's old news already so this update is just a formality, but the game has been delayed to Q2 2021. It's a bummer and I'm kinda surprised by it, but oh well.

• @bam541

I wasn't holding my breath for the thing I saw, so it's good that they will have time to polish it.

• That reveal trailer was so underwhelming compared to their previous works, like a generic arcady version of themselves. Let them take their time.

• @phbz I think it looks fantastic already, I'm way into the more action focused feel that they're tackling this time and I'm all for studios taking new directions. If I had to randomly guess, the Souls invasions-esque mechanic is probably the most troublesome to properly execute so that might be the main reason for delaying it.

• @bam541 From this developer I want cool worlds to be immersed in and an open approach to combat. There might be more to it but I'm just not seeing it. Hopefully I'm wrong and ends up being great.

• I honestly thought the reveal trailer looked great and everything about it comes off, at a glance, more appealing than Dishonored or Prey. I haven't played either, but gameplay video vs gameplay video, Deathloop looks really appealing to me compared to their other work.

• @dipset if we are talking about the reveal trailer from last year, I gotta disagree I just watched it again and it didn't do it for me, but the one from Sony's event made me super hyped for it, mainly since it really shows off that pulpy style.

• @dipset

While I'm not on board -like I said above- I agree to this.

• I didn’t realize there was a reveal trailer from last year. Or if I did know, I forgot about it. I was talking about the trailer from Sony’s event.

• So the very recent PS5 showcase had a new trailer, it's such a good trailer. It explained the mechanics of the game well, and it's also very well paced. Not to mention, the style and editing of the whole thing is on point. I'm also happy to see the goofy tone of the writing and VO from the villains.

Youtube Video

• @bam541 My only fears are we've had so many of these trailers now, that I wonder what percentage of the game they've given away and whether or not they've spent more budget making these to market the game than in developing the game itself.

• So it's basically The Sexy Brutale as a shooter? Could be fun!