Deathloop (PS5/PC)

• Although its a pretty good game but progression suck. playing same 4 mission over and over and over again.

• I think I'm at the halfway point right now, pretty much figured out half of the visionary leads already. I know timeloops are a common theme in games these days, but this is such a unique game. The way the game handles timelooping adds so much depth to the already wonderful immersive sim template. There's a lot of freedom in how you can progress through the game, and I feel like there's so much that I still miss because the way I play the game, but I couldn't care less because I'm having a blast. I pretty much play like a wannabe speedrunner, just using the Nexus the ability to kill multiple people with my one-hit-kill revolver, then quickly jumping around the place and repeating it.

• Got around to finishing the game. It's definitely not Arkane's best work imo, but I still appreciate them trying to do something different instead of just repeating their already perfect Immersive Sim formula. The action-focused gameplay in particular still need work, I don't think they really nailed the flow of combat, and the difficulty can be pretty all over the place in different scenarios. Still, I had a lot of fun blasting through the game like a freight train late for work. Everything else is pretty great imo. Probably would give this an 8/10.