The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2010!

• I feel bad because I don't think I ever gave 3D Dot Game Heroes a chance. Back when I had GameFly, it was one of my first rentals, but I just had a hard time getting into it. I didn't think it was bad or anything, but maybe I was comparing too heavily to Zelda because of its design and how it looks, and how it differed from the former in my head? My brother picked it up a few years later and really loved it, so I just feel like I didn't give it a fair chance.

All that aside, I also feel like I've never been sold about the visual style, but that may be a personal qualm.

• I really wanted to play this at some point, and I just never did.

• I haven't heard about this in a long while and if I remember correctly, I think someone described it to me as if the original Legend of Zelda had 3D Pixel art with a camera angle that had depth of field. So that sounds interesting, but speaking as someone who really isn't into Zelda, I think this game's charm would be wasted on me, which is unfair to it.

• @brannox I think one of the reasons I wasn't into it was because of how it didn't feel like Zelda to me. It has the overworld map and dungeons, but from what I remember you don't solve puzzles or pick up items at all, and that's where I was more out. That being said, my experience should be taken with a grain of salt. I didn't beat it, and played it very briefly for a GameFly weekend.

• 3D dot game heroes is one of the few games that I bought and then didn't play for more than an hour. As it turns out I can't stand tilt-shift.

• I was so certain I would love this game. I love the look, I love Zelda, I love the humour but, for whatever reason, it just never got it's claws into me. I think I stopped after less than 10 hours. It was an active quit, I just never felt the drive to go back. Maybe it gets way better later on?

• Love this game, love the voxels, love that the visual style, love creating my own avatar, love the wacky sword swinging mechanic and how it levels up over time.

It borrows a lot from classic Zelda, but I felt like it had a lot of unique mechanics that made it interesting to play. And I finished it, again just 8 months ago! Not only was it the first, but it's also the latest FROM game I've beaten!

I think it holds up remarkably well, visually, because of how the visual style is used. It has some great enemy design and bosses. Oh man, then there's the thing, that's just directly pulled from Zelda.... yeah there's a lot of that. I love it.

And I remember hearing about it for the first time because of the GT review.

• Got this as a birthday present the year it came out. It's such a weird game to me, since I basically know nothing about pre-PS2 era gaming and never played any of the Zelda games at that time (that still rings true, unfortunately). The farthest I got is the volcano temple, I think. I would always be so bummed when I lost my big ass sword ability everytime I took damage, that ability makes the game way more fun than it actually is. Also, I still hum the main theme from time to time, it's so memorable.

• I played half of this game because I thought it was from the team who made Demon’s Souls and not because it was a Zelda game.

I think it was just published by From Software and not developed though? Either way, the game is good fun and narrowly missed my HM’s. I love when your sword is huge and just takes up the whole screen.

• @brannox Cheers dude, those God of War PSP titles are just untouchable as far as I'm concerned. The only other game that comes close to being as brilliant is Resistance: Retribution as far as I'm concerned.

• @jdincinerator Retribution is really good. Especially if you do new game plus by plugging in the PSP with the PS3 while Resistance 2 is running. PSP had a lot of good stuff.

• @brannox I love when games have quirkly link-up features like this. Do you know of any other PSP games with it?

• @e_zed_eh_intern ....None come to mind, but I'm sure there are others. I mean, Retribution couldn't have been the only one. It also wouldn't shock me if the Vita did this at some point with either the PS3/4. All this being said, the GBA did this with the GameCube, so it's just another thing Sony has tried to co-opt from Nintendo.

• @brannox

The result?

• @brannox Yeah we had some good times with Pac-man Vs. a year or two ago. When these things used to come out, I was always choked you needed two consoles and two games to get to certain parts of a game but now that most parts of this equation are pretty cheap, I'm gonna start looking for more examples to try out. Thanks for the tip!

• @scotty I don't understand your premise, could you please clarify?

• I don't remember any of the context but I remember "Transfarring" being a buzzword Kojima was throwing around. It had something to do with hooking up MGS Peace Walker to your PS3 or something.

I just remember it being a funny moment cause we all thought it was an English moment he was having but it turns out he meant to say "transfarring" and was being serious.

• @dipset Oh Dipset, my sweet summer child.
    Transferring was so much more than that.
    Youtube Video

• Halo: Reach

#16. Halo: Reach - 13 points

Votes

#1: 1 (Lotias)
    #2: 1 (Oscillator)
    #3: 0
    #4: 1 (Brannox)
    HM: 2 (paulmci27, Capnbobamous)

Information

Release date: September 14 [US/EU]
    Developer: Bungie
    Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
    Genre: First-person shooter
    Platform(s): Xbox One, Xbox 360, Windows

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia

• This is the first game on the list that I've actually played. :)

Halo Reach is #18 of 20 on my list. The game itself was all right but It's also where my fandom with the franchise started to diminish. With Halo's Reach, 4 and 5 it didn't feel special to me anymore. Halo shouldn't just be all right, it should be big deal! I hope Halo Infinite can make Halo matter again, the same way other franchises like God of War and Zelda have done.