The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2010!

• I was really surprised that Darksiders got only 1 point, I thought the series would be more popular than that in this community!

• My votes were:

1. Fallout: New Vegas
    2. Mass Effect 2
    3. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
    4. Red Dead Redemption
      HM: Dead Rising 2
      HM: Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver
      HM: Skate 3
      HM: Call of Duty: Black Ops

Dead Rising 2, the last true Dead Rising game, not counting Off the Record. Such a tonne of fun exploring that sandbox and slowly getting better and better. The craftable weapons were all really creative, and the way that you unlocked more through finding posters in the world was great.

Call of Duty Black Ops... First, I love the Campaign, I think it's really memorable, whereas a lot of the others sort of blend in to each other. I couldn't tell you what happens in Black Ops 2 for the life of me. Vorkuta is one of the best missions in Call of Duty ever. Step 1: Secure the Keys!

And obviously, Black Ops secured Zombies as this incredible new game mode they had first introduced in WaW. Treyarch destroyed the boundary of what a horde mode could actually be. I still have really fond memories of beating the easter eggs on these maps, discovering the underlying story of Zombies and starting to piece everything together.

I honestly still can't believe that this game mode hasn't been copied by more titles.

Youtube Video

• @sazime I have always wanted to get this game, it looks incredible. How is the splitscreen? I played 3-player Blur on PS3 a while back and it was super difficult to see anything, even on the 60-inch we were using.

• @axel To whoever else gave Metroid: Other M 1 point, you're the real champion here.

• You're all sleeping on Recettear, just saying.

• @hanabi said in The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2010!:

You're all sleeping on Recettear, just saying.

True though.

• @hanabi I didn't vote for it but yeah Reccetear is good times.

• @e_zed_eh_intern said in The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2010!:

@axel To whoever else gave Metroid: Other M 1 point, you're the real champion here.

It was meeeeeee! It was still fun despite the crappy story.

• Love these recaps so much. A couple of observations that stand out to me:

• Having Battlefield: Bad Company 2 beat out Black Ops and Bayonetta by virtue of a single vote (in terms of place) is probably the most brutal/heartbreaking of a cut-off I've seen in these threads.

• Seeing Metro 2033 get so close hurts me. I may not have had the most glowing praise, but its still a good game and I'm not gonna lie, I always seeing as many of my nominees make it as possible (regardless of their final place on the list)

• I had Final Fantasy XIII written down as a 2009 release, then seeing this had me realize that was the Japanese date. It wouldn't have changed anything, as I would have it below Re:Coded, but just a brief thought: The Final Fantasy I actually hate because of no opportunity to grind in an extremely hand-holding corridor of a game. Not a fan of the story or characters either, and one of only three Final Fantasies I've never been able to finish because of its gameplay.

• Fable 3 gets shit on because of how much Molyneux hyped it up, but it's still a fun game in its own right. Sure, you can cheese the ending really hard so that you save everybody whilst being a nice person, but even that I don't think is too egregious. Fable 3 has a vibe that is unparalleled, and I think it's surprisingly great at world-building. It's probably the worst Fable game, but it's still a great time.

• @e_zed_eh_intern From what I remember, it worked fairly well. I haven't played split screen in a while, but I think it was pretty well optimized, and used a top and bottom split rather than side by side.

• I know we're gearing up and getting hyped for the Games of the Decade thread, but I just to be the first to go ahead and put it out there as the voting for that opens and we get underway, (and as this thread ultimately tappers off), to suggest the move to the Hall of Fame subforum. Doesn't have to be today or tomorrow, just soon so this won't get lost.

• @dipset said in The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2010!:

Multiplayer was fun for like 10 hours before it got samey

I feel like the repetitiveness made it feel more competitive because you had rely more on fundamental FPS skills than MW2. I agree with you on the campaign, though.

• Welp, only one game from my list made it in.
    Super Meat Boy and Bayonetta not making the list is a crime.

#4: Bayonetta
    #3: Kirby's Epic Yarn
    #2: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions
    #1: Nier

HM:
    Super Meat Boy
    Bioshock 2

• Global Moderator

Putting this thread into Hall of Fame! :)

• God of War III
    Mafia II
    God of War: Ghost of Sparta
    Donkey Kong Country Returns

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
    Super Meat Boy

I'm surprised about SMB. It is one the best representative of ''try-die-try again'' mechanic. No Mafia II is another shock. It's use of open world is really nice, not distracting and just there for the atmosphere; story, gameplay, characters and ending are also good. DK: CR is a really great platformer, I also love Tropical Freeze. Another game I want to say something about is AC: Brotherhood. It's my favourite from Ezio trilogy.

• @Axel If you can, please submit this list to the next Community Showcase.

• FYI, I posted the list to the Community Showcase!

• @axel Every time Brandon Jones reads through these lists, "Rockstar can't win".

• @shoulderguy I specifically highlighted it in my post to twist the knife a bit more!