The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2010!

• @brannox Strongly recommend at least trying the Campaign. It's extremely accessible. Treats you like you're completely new to the genre, and doesn't require any kind of decent Actions Per Minute.

• I've never really been able to get into RTS games since I find then so overwhelming and intimidating, but growing up a lot of my friends played it, and one of them even used to play professionally so I have a lot of exposure to the series.
    Pretty neat stuff!

• I have a feeling this game is too low relative to the quality because a lot of us haven't played StarCraft 2. I only briefly tried it when it went F2P based on the DEMANDS of my friend from university. Buuuuut, I was in university and didn't have time to learn an RTS from scratch.

I hear this isn't just a great game but one of the greats and I need to try it soon.

• @hazz3r Thanks for recommending it, but I don't think I will, not because of the quality, but in addition to the intimidation I expressed earlier, I also don't play on PC. I'm more at home with a controller and a console interface, so even if StarCraft allows for remapping controls to a gamepad (does it? I legitimately don't know), there are just too many little steps for me to think it worth it, just for one game in a genre I've no affiliation with.

• I played the original Starcraft multiplayer with my buddy growing up, but the campaign was never something I got into. After the long wait for the sequel, I think I enjoyed watching him play its campaign more than I ever played or enjoyed it myself, and that was enough for me. I love the soundtrack and the art direction, but it's always been difficult for me to get into RTS stories for some reason.

• Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game

#23. Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game - 9 points

Votes

#1: 1 (Hanabi)
    #2: 0
    #3: 1 (HappyGaming)
    #4: 0
    HM: 1 (parasitepaladin)

Information

Release date: August 10 [US], August 11 [EU]
    Developer: Ubisoft Montreal
    Publisher: Ubisoft
    Genre: Beat 'em up
    Platform(s): PlayStation 3, Xbox 360

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    GT Review

• I've only seen the movie, so the only thing I can say about the game is I know it's been delisted and was P.T.'d before P.T. was a thing. I like the game's look and style, but beat 'em ups aren't my thing because I don't think there's enough in the gameplay of the genre for me. So really, Scott Pilgrim the game is more interesting to me as a case study as opposed to the actual game itself.

• 23? I'll take what I can get.
    Admittedly 2010 wasn't a big year for me when it comes to playing a bunch of new games but I was one of those kids in high school that was obsessed with Scott Pilgrim so this was a day one buy the second my brother got himself a PS3. It's still a really solid game overall, damn shame that you can't buy it anymore. Also has a great soundtrack by Anamanaguchi that you should definitely check out.

• Another game I begrudgingly had to remove from my list. Absolutely top tier beatemup fun. Great style, fantastic soundtrack, just awesome all around.

• This game narrowly missed my HMs. Love the soundtrack and the pixel art, but I'm just not a huge beat em up guy.

• I also really liked this game but damn it was hard. I never made it too far because I kept getting my ass kicked.

• This would be higher on the list if we could still easily get a hold of it. I would probably have it on mine if I had bought and played it when it came out.

• If you've got some buddies around, this is on tier with things like Streets of Rage. Just some top tier beat-em-up times. I liked the movie and the comics around this time, but I think this was probably my favorite time with the franchise and characters.

I adored playing this game, but never beat it. A buddy of mine and I picked it up for a weekend on a PSN gift card after work, and couldn't play it enough. It was on his account though, so he would tell me all the fun he had after that with his brothers. Hopefully it comes back, or the team makes something new!

• I went back to have look and I bought 42 games that released this year. None have appeared yet though.

I had no interest in Scott Pilgrim as it was a digital game. Starcraft I burned out on with the original and this was one battlefield I just never played

• Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth

#22. Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth - 9 points

Votes

#1: 1 (Tearju Engi)
    #2: 1 (Zindenga)
    #3: 0
    #4: 0
    HM: 0

Information

Release date: February 16 [US], February 19 [EU]
    Developer: Capcom
    Publisher: Capcom
    Genre: Adventure
    Platform(s): Nintendo DS

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    GT Review

• I've yet to play any Ace Attorney despite wanting to and it being something I'm pretty sure I'll like, I'll have to see if I actually get to it.

• I think I would really like this series, but there are so many things in front of it. I just need to buckle and grab one for the next time I'm traveling.

• Ace Attorney is one of those franchises that sound cool gameplay wise in solving cases and deductive reasoning, but there's just something about it that doesn't make me feel excited to try it. Can't put my finger on it, though I do respect it.

• I know that if I had actually played this it would've been on my list.
    I've played through the original AA trilogy on 3DS and it was easily one of the best gaming experiences I've had.

@Brannox you should definitely give it a try if you're free. The original trilogy was recently released on basically everything.

• I'm currently playing the OG trilogy on PS4 for the first time ever (as you can see). Really enjoyable stuff! Didn't know Edgeworth got a game of his own as well.