The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2010!

• This is the only game in the series that I haven't played, but I'm sure I would love it just like the others. I agree with @DemonPirate, anyone who's tempted by those games should definitely take the plunge, the original trilogy is amazing, cheap (often on sale), and available everywhere.

I feel like this series is like Yakuza, once you get a taste of it, you'll wonder why you ever hesitated.

• I played some of the first game via emulator months ago but it was fun. Comedic scenes and enjoyable dialogues. Maybe someday I'll try to finish og trilogy. ''Objection!!!''.

• I forgot about this game. I'm a fan of the first four Ace Attorney games but I haven't played anything past Apollo Justice. So I also need to play the 3DS Ace Attorney games too.

• I've put that Ace Attorney collection into my PSN cart a handful of times and just haven't pulled the trigger. Is this game included in that, and is the collection a good entry point for someone who hasn't started the franchise?

• @happygaming said in The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2010!:

Is this game included in that, and is the collection a good entry point for someone who hasn't started the franchise?

No, the game isn't included. This game is more of a spin-off than a mainline entry anyways.
    And yes, the collection is the perfect starting point. It has the first three games in the series which are arguably the best.

• Skate 3

#21. Skate 3 - 10 points

Votes

#1: 1 (Asbestos)
    #2: 0
    #3: 1 (bam541)
    #4: 0
    HM: 2 (Hazz3r, Capnbobamous)

Information

Release date: May 11 [US], May 14 [EU]
    Developer: EA Black Box
    Publisher: Electronic Arts
    Genre: Extreme sports
    Platform(s): PlayStation 3, Xbox 360

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    GT Review

• ANOTHER game I had to leave off my list because there were so many incredible games that year.
    I can't even begin to describe how hard I laughed playing this game. The glitches alone are worth the price of admission. I hope that if they ever bring the series back it is JUST as janky as it used to be.

• Skate 3 is absolutely glorious. It's just really dumb fun. My hype for the sequel is immeasurable.

• I can't believe how perfect the timing of this reveal is. Skate 4 is officially a thing as of two hours prior to this post. This is incredibly hilarious. Anyway, I'm not really a skate person (though as a kid in the 90s, I saw a lot of the culture and got in the XGames during that time for a while). And what is it with the renaissance of skating games suddenly? I can't really say anything about Skate, so I'll leave my comment here, but wow. Good for ya'll Skate fans.

• @brannox Whaaaaaaat?
    I totally ignored EA's conference because I assumed it was going to be a complete garbage fire like usual. This is AMAZING!

• WAIT WHAT?! SKATE 4 IS REAL?!!!!

Per Skate 3. I don’t really like it too much tbh. Art direction kinda went out the window and the fragmented open world was a step back. The physics got weird and floaty. It’s still decently fun but doesn’t hold a candle against the original 2.

The glitches were fun at first and the physics madness was half the fun with the Skate series, but Skate 3 just felt broken at times.

• @el-shmiablo Yes, it was literally their "one more thing" they closed the show. No trailer, but two devs saying their working on it. "You commented this into existence" is a verbatim line.

• I wonder just how many comments it took.

• Dread to think how many years I've lost to skate

• Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors

#20. Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors - 11 points

Votes

#1: 0
    #3: 1 (Sheria)
    #4: 3 (bard91, Exist 2 Inspire, HappyGaming)
    HM: 2 (ffff0, NeoCweeny)

Information

Release date: November 16 [US]
    Developer: Chunsoft
    Publisher: Aksys Games
    Genre: Adventure, Visual novel
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4, Nintendo DS, PlayStation Vita, Windows

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia

• I have a good friend of mine who's into this, but it's been some time since he told me about it, so I had to use the provided Wikipedia link to jog my memory. And going through some of the paragraphs, I now remember him excitedly talking about this, the other Zero Escape games and the Danganronpa series were all underrated gems that kept him on his Vita a LOT (alongside Persona 4 Golden). Kind of what I said about Ace Attorney for me also applies here, but it's nice to see a game and the first thought is not my enjoyment (or no experience in this case), but a friend's. This might not be for me, but is an excellent example why games rule in general, regardless of personal preference.

• Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors is my #5. I've bought 3DS and imported this game from US because I played Virtue's Last Reward on Vita and loved it to death. 999 wasn't nearly as good, but it was still enjoyable. However it has one amazingly powerful moment - the way it uses two screens in the ending. For obvious reasons this was completely lost in remasters, which is very unfortunate.

• I really like the idea of this game, but I get really fatigued by it after like two playthroughs. There comes a point when playing it that I realize I just don't care enough to make it to the end.

• I can't say this is the perfect game. There are a lot of long drawn out conversations. But I spent hours on the toilet playing this, and it was by far my favorite time I spent on my inherited DS. I've been going through the collection on the PS4, and it still has charm, but that draw of taking in that unique story and not being able to go anywhere in the bathroom is just really something I can't compare.

• Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

#19. Enslaved: Odyssey to the West - 11 points

Votes

#1: 0
    #3: 2 (ffff0, Axel)
    #4: 1 (paulmci27)
    HM: 3 (naltmank, Phbz, tokeeffe9)

Information

Release date: October 5 [US], October 8 [EU]
    Developer: Ninja Theory
    Publisher: Namco Bandai Games