My New PC Gaming Rig

• Youtube Video

Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor (8x 3.60GHz/16MB L3 Cache)Processor

16 GB [8 GB X2] DDR4-4000 Memory Module - Thermaltake TOUGHRAM RGB (RGB LED)

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER - 8GB GDDR6 (VR-Ready)

Power Supply1200 Watt - High Power - 80 PLUS Gold, Full Modular

1 TB ADATA SU800 SSD -- Read: 560MB/s, Write: 520MB/s - Single Drive

Now I just need a new monitor.

What do you guys think?? Taking suggestions for monitors.

• That's a nice Rig. I'm waiting for the RTX 3000 series to upgrade my PC.

I don't have too much experience with monitors but I use a 1440p Dell 27" LED QHD G-SYNC 144Hz. I don't have any complaints and the G-SYNC is great, I use a GTX 1070.

• Not enough RGB lights, have you thought of stringing a RGB strip around the tower, monitor, chair, table, and possibly yourself and any animals in the roon.

I'm kidding, nice setup though.

• Glass always makes me think, "oh no, the dust," but it's pretty!

I'm a big fan of ultrawides, but I tend to go towards the previous "good" models rather than the most current, highest hz, etc. Right now I'm using a 34" LG 3400 x 1140, 75 ultrawide w/Freesync (works fine with my nVidia 1070), and I love it. Before that, I was on a 29" 1920 x 2160 60hz LG. I don't think I can go back to a non Freesync/Gsync monitor again.

• @shoulderguy said in My New PC Gaming Rig:

That's a nice Rig. I'm waiting for the RTX 3000 series to upgrade my PC.

I don't have too much experience with monitors but I use a 1440p Dell 27" LED QHD G-SYNC 144Hz. I don't have any complaints and the G-SYNC is great, I use a GTX 1070.

Thank you and great suggestion. I am definitely looking for a G-SYNC monitor.

@dmcmaster said in My New PC Gaming Rig:

Not enough RGB lights, have you thought of stringing a RGB strip around the tower, monitor, chair, table, and possibly yourself and any animals in the roon.

I'm kidding, nice setup though.

Lmao! I have a lot of friends that do RGB every where and I've always thought it is too much. I didn't expect the PC to come with this much lighting, but I love it.

Thank you.

@sazime said in My New PC Gaming Rig:

Glass always makes me think, "oh no, the dust," but it's pretty!

I'm a big fan of ultrawides, but I tend to go towards the previous "good" models rather than the most current, highest hz, etc. Right now I'm using a 34" LG 3400 x 1140, 75 ultrawide w/Freesync (works fine with my nVidia 1070), and I love it. Before that, I was on a 29" 1920 x 2160 60hz LG. I don't think I can go back to a non Freesync/Gsync monitor again.

Yeah dust overload for sure. That is definitely a wide monitor, looks awesome!

• Why didn't you put the case on the ground, it looks a bit risky to put it near the edge of desk.

• @scotty
    Carpet floor maybe

• @scotty said in My New PC Gaming Rig:

Why didn't you put the case on the ground, it looks a bit risky to put it near the edge of desk.

In the past I put a PC on carpet and it overheated. If you notice the mouse isn't even there yet. I had my work PC to the side that is no longer there because the covid19 stay at home order has been lifted. Now with more room I have a nice clean setup with more space. While it is still risky at the edge of the table, it should be fine as it is very heavy and would need to be physically pushed to fall off the table. I will post pics of the new setup as soon as I'm home again.

• @stealthy

I was saying with good intentions. Like getting excited over something or getting angry and then with a reflex hit the case etc. It's your business.

• @scotty said in My New PC Gaming Rig:

@stealthy

I was saying with good intentions. Like getting excited over something or getting angry and then with a reflex hit the case etc. It's your business.

Ah yes I see but here is my setup after I cleaned most things and have more space.

https://ibb.co/BGTGSh8
    https://ibb.co/7YgkTRF
    https://ibb.co/2gM2Yb2
    https://ibb.co/9qkwtvD

• Put that tower under the desk and never look at it again.

• lol "stealthy"

• I really like that desk. I'm not in the market for a new one at the moment. My IKEA table will do, but may I ask where you found that one? I like how thin it is.

Also I have the same kb/m set up as you. I think its the Razer Ornata Chroma and the Razer Deathadder? I love them both, especially the keyboard. I can't believe how good, crispy, and comfortable everything feels. My only complaint with the mouse is that, despite its name, the mouse clicking is waaaaay too mushy for shooter games. I was really into the "FAL" in COD Modern Warfare which is a single burst automatic weapon and you can't just hammer the left mouse click because it is just mushy like that.

I don't care because its soooooo comfortable, but ironically, its a bad mouse for shooters in my opinion.

• @phbz said in My New PC Gaming Rig:

Put that tower under the desk and never look at it again.

Under the desk!? And started a ninja war with the carpet!?

@tokyoslim said in My New PC Gaming Rig:

lol "stealthy"

Been Stealthy since the ps2 days of socom multiplayer.

@dipset said in My New PC Gaming Rig:

I really like that desk. I'm not in the market for a new one at the moment. My IKEA table will do, but may I ask where you found that one? I like how thin it is.

Also I have the same kb/m set up as you. I think its the Razer Ornata Chroma and the Razer Deathadder? I love them both, especially the keyboard. I can't believe how good, crispy, and comfortable everything feels. My only complaint with the mouse is that, despite its name, the mouse clicking is waaaaay too mushy for shooter games. I was really into the "FAL" in COD Modern Warfare which is a single burst automatic weapon and you can't just hammer the left mouse click because it is just mushy like that.

I don't care because its soooooo comfortable, but ironically, its a bad mouse for shooters in my opinion.

Thank you, I will find you the link on Amazon for the desk just give me sometime. Yes the mouse I found was on sale, it is a deathadder. The keyboard is made from ibuypower. Sounds like I need to play more FPS to notice this issue with the mouse. Thank you for your feedback.

• @DIPSET https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00166DUSG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_F1I9EbV2JDWM2

I turned the table into a 2 piece. But will make it 3 piece again.

• @stealthy said in My New PC Gaming Rig:

I was just pointing out the irony. RGB is the antithesis of a "stealthy" computer.

• @stealthy

Hmmm it's like $260 CAD which is a bit much for something I don't need but I really like the idea of a corner desk. Really struggling to map out my office set up for it to be cozy.

I want it all sorted out before Cyberpunk 2077 cause I need to be able to sit there for like 100 hours.

• @tokyoslim said in My New PC Gaming Rig:

@stealthy said in My New PC Gaming Rig:

I was just pointing out the irony. RGB is the antithesis of a "stealthy" computer.

Ah okay lol and you're totally right. I was never a fan of LED's so this is definitely new to me.

@dipset said in My New PC Gaming Rig:

@stealthy

Hmmm it's like $260 CAD which is a bit much for something I don't need but I really like the idea of a corner desk. Really struggling to map out my office set up for it to be cozy.

I want it all sorted out before Cyberpunk 2077 cause I need to be able to sit there for like 100 hours.

Well, I can tell you it has lasted with me since 2014 so far. I just removed the corner temporarily to save some space. We are all anticipating Cyberpunk, can't wait. Definitely won't hurt to treat yourself something nice to feel comfortable while gaming.

• I was thinking about this as I designed what my new PC was gonna look like. I could have gone blackout utilitarian. Decided to just lean into the RGB nonsense. My computer is gonna be gloriously gaudy.

• This post is deleted!