My New PC Gaming Rig

• @stealthy said in My New PC Gaming Rig:

Been Stealthy since the ps2 days of socom multiplayer.

I was just pointing out the irony. RGB is the antithesis of a "stealthy" computer.

• @stealthy

Hmmm it's like $260 CAD which is a bit much for something I don't need but I really like the idea of a corner desk. Really struggling to map out my office set up for it to be cozy.

I want it all sorted out before Cyberpunk 2077 cause I need to be able to sit there for like 100 hours.

• @tokyoslim said in My New PC Gaming Rig:

@stealthy said in My New PC Gaming Rig:

Been Stealthy since the ps2 days of socom multiplayer.

I was just pointing out the irony. RGB is the antithesis of a "stealthy" computer.

Ah okay lol and you're totally right. I was never a fan of LED's so this is definitely new to me.

@dipset said in My New PC Gaming Rig:

@stealthy

Hmmm it's like $260 CAD which is a bit much for something I don't need but I really like the idea of a corner desk. Really struggling to map out my office set up for it to be cozy.

I want it all sorted out before Cyberpunk 2077 cause I need to be able to sit there for like 100 hours.

Well, I can tell you it has lasted with me since 2014 so far. I just removed the corner temporarily to save some space. We are all anticipating Cyberpunk, can't wait. Definitely won't hurt to treat yourself something nice to feel comfortable while gaming.

• I was thinking about this as I designed what my new PC was gonna look like. I could have gone blackout utilitarian. Decided to just lean into the RGB nonsense. My computer is gonna be gloriously gaudy.

• This post is deleted!

• alt text

• @tokyoslim dude, your wallpaper is sick. Did you take that shot?

• @naltmank Nah, just something I found online. :)

• @naltmank I actually had to do a double take, thought it was a drawing.

• I would never want one of those exposed computers, I'd be in constant fear of damaging it somehow.

• I really dunno how it would get damaged. Just don't like, hit it with a baseball bat or spit liquids all over it. other than that - PC components are all pretty solid state and sturdy. Then again, I don't have any pets or children.

• Do you find the open case saves space? Just curious for my inevitable 2021 or 2022 upgrade. Also, easier to clean I'm assuming? I hate unplugging shit and taking an air compressor to the inside of my case to clear out little dust bunnies.

• Cleaning should be super easy, yeah. Just squirt some compressed air at it every once in a while, run the vacuum brush end over it, and you're golden.

In my specific instance it saves space, because the dimension that's most useful to me is desk width. It's not a SMALL case, but it's big height and length wise. It's only 10 inches wide at the widest point (the feet) and those are only about an inch tall. The width at the PSU is 8 inches, and the GPU is 7. The rest of it is basically 3-4 inches wide.

It's a modular case, so there's parts I left off it specifically for the sake of desk space and ease of access. There's metal posts and a glass plate I can put on if I really want to - but I've decided not to for the time being. That increases the overall width to 13.3 inches all the way up.
    There's also the vertical GPU bracket and some liquid cooling pump brackets and etc. I left off the case, as they weren't needed.

alt text

• Special guest star Nic Cage

Youtube Video – [1:36:47..]