Crash Bandicoot 4: it's about time

• So long as they fixed the jumping from the N' Sane Trilogy (which is a completely separate set of thoughts and arguments altogether) I'm all in. I've at least tried every Crash game, and even if they're not all made equal, this one looks real good!

• Man, this reminds me. I need to platinum the first 2 games.

• new trailer.
    love the music.
    Youtube Video

• Haven't heard this song since they used it in the 2015 PS4 sizzle reel commercial that I used to hear 30 seconds of constantly.

Youtube Video

Great trailer though! The game looks better every time I see it.

• Reviews are out, currently at 86 in opencritic (17 reviews). At a quick glance, it seems that the new stuff they are adding to the classic Crash formula works well enough to make the game feel fresh and fun.

https://opencritic.com/game/9900/crash-bandicoot-4-its-about-time

• Yeah, sounds pretty great but there are also some voices of frustration in the air. That's Crash. I think I'll give it a spin and see for myself.

• This is Crash alright. The challenge started to lift its head already in the third level with some jumping and new mask powers. :P I feel that I'll be lucky if I ever simply finish the game, no way I'll aim for the platinum in this one. But what a weird sensation to have a sequel for a 1998 game now all of a sudden! All those classic villains returning puts a smile on my face. That was my childhood. :)

• i was going to try and 100% this game with no deaths on the counter, that dream is quickly vanishing. i'm only on stage 2 damn it!!!

this game is kicking my ass! definitely already one my favourite platformers in recent memory. feels just like the OG Crash PS1 games at least from a gameplay perspective so i'm loving it.

• I died 54 times against Cortex. That wasn't too fun. The game's just really hard, at least for me. I've started to just run through the levels without even trying to get all the boxes or anything. The bonus stages I've begun to skip entirely after only one try etc. The levels are also way too long for my liking. At least the game's generous with Aku Akus and additional checkpoints after a number deaths on a same spot.

• The last section of the last level before the final boss took me 119 times to finally get through it. After 90 attempts I checked YouTube to see how it's actually done and still it took "a few" more tries to clear it. Luckily the final boss was a pushover after that nightmare.

So yeah, sadly I sucked at this, but in my defense the game IS ridiculously harder than the OG trilogy. With those games I had fun, even with the N. Sane Trilogy a few years back, still. This one lost its funny side soon after the first world already.

• I'm really liking this. I think it's even better than some of the Naughty Dog Crash games. The level design is excellent and mostly focused on platforming, unlike Warped.

It is definitely the hardest Crash game. It kinda reminds of Mega Man 9 where they tried to go for an old school difficulty but went overboard and made it much more difficult than the originals.