Your Greatest Accomplishment

• So let's take a step away from the video game world and discuss something you did that makes you proud. Did you direct a play that audiences love? Did you build a gigantic pillow fort in your house that stood tall for a month? Did you make a dinner that had all your friends craving more? I wanna know!

Since I want to be a gracious host, I'll start things off. It's not a long or eloquent story but there's definently some poems I had written over a decade ago that I still view fondly because of all the turmoil that was going on in my life at the time, yet I was still able to write pretty consistently and they live up to my standards. Kinda just a good reminder that I can survive any storm that crosses my path. Or maybe that just means I need to try harder to accomplish things now that I'm older, who knows!

• @SabotageTheTruth I made it to E3 with a Media Badge :D
    Still can't believe it.

• Getting my drivers license. I was born with very poor eyesight that only got fixed in my late teens. During my early twenties I didn't have time to get into driving classes/exams and people kept saying I probably would never be able to get it, even my own family. Spend A LOT of money on driving classes and had to take 4 attempts but I did succeed eventually.

• Getting my black belt in Taekwon Do was a big one for me.

• Global Moderator

I know it doesnt seem like much to others, but for me it was a GREAT achievement to move from Sweden to UK for university. Spending 3 years and finishing with a high 2:1 (second highest grade).

Moving away from my safe parenthome and starting my own life were a huge step and kinda amazing. I feel that I have matured and changed a lot over the last years. Growing up in a way have taught me a lot and as people around me have told me, I feel and seem more down to earth and knowing whats going on.

• I'm proud just that I'm alive and to know things that I do.

• Getting my Bachelor's Degree after dropping out of high school. Going for my Master's in autumn.

• @TheHashtag0nist said in Your Greatest Accomplishment:

@SabotageTheTruth I made it to E3 with a Media Badge :D
    Still can't believe it.

Same! +high fives+

I went in 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010.

Going back next year if I have the funds, but right now, I am working on two major acquisitions. :)

• Loving the positivity here and see a wide range of accomplishments!

• @michemagius Congrats, that is a real good one. Are you doing ITF or WTF?

• Probably either having the patience and persistence to pay off my $100,000+ of student loan debt or spending hundreds of hours of my free time to make that Kyle Bosman tribute.

Oh, I once successfully gave someone a heimlech maneuver without being trained on how to do it, I guess that counts as saving a life.

• Not sure.. I think I'm still waiting for it

• @michemagius Taekwon!

• I have been undefeated in Foosball since 2006, with what must be a close to 3000 game winning streak including dominating victories against actual pro players and champions. The closest anyone has been in the past 6 or so years is a 6-10 smashing in Vegas. I know it sounds stupid, but the accomplishment of going from a 12 year old who couldn't play to save his life to effectively god is actually something I hold a ton of pride in :D

• @Mr-M Damn, for real? Are you some kind of savant with foosball? 3000 win streak?! There's gotta be some money in that.

• Ya know, it might be something many people have to their credit, but I'm a college graduate. BUT: While that may be the tangible thing I could physically point to, the ONE thing I am happiest about is the friendships I have. Over the course of my life, being able to maintain friendships has been.... a challenge. However, I have been able to have a handful of really close friends that I treasure more than most anything. So yeah. Friendships. Never will there be a greater personal accomplishment. Ever.

• @Quagthias said in Your Greatest Accomplishment:

@Mr-M Damn, for real? Are you some kind of savant with foosball? 3000 win streak?! There's gotta be some money in that.

3000 was definitely an overestimate I've realised hahah, though if I could convince my friends to play me again it'll approach it pretty fast ;) people who have no chance tend to constantly ask for rematches which boost the streak a bit.

I'm pretty geometrically minded and I've got good reactions, but I think the reason I got as good as I am is that for about 2-3 years I played multiple times every single day against my dad who absolutely slaughtered me and forced me to get good at it or face never ending childish torment for losing :P

I've won money for it, but it's not exactly a viable thing for me to do - while on holiday in Vegas I played against random people in an arcade and made more money than I would going through official paths. I mean it is Foosball :P

• @Mr-M scratch that there's now competitions in my country that actually have prizes that might be worthwhile. Brb registering and turning pro.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.