Xbox Games Showcase quick and dirty forum bets

• @sazime If he shows up, I will write at least a thousand word retrospective extolling the career highlights of Michael Ironside, the actor.

And if he doesn't show up, you do the same for... Jared Leto.

• @tokyoslim I hate it.

I'm in.

• @Sazime And it will be posted on the forum?
    lol

• @tokyoslim Yes. Not in this post, that's too easy. In the blog section as a serious entry without any context. So if anyone sees it that doesn't know what it's about, they walk away potentially frightened and confused.

• That sounds like an official deal to me. Can we make it so the bet is resolved by the time next gen consoles come out? I figure that's enough time.

• @tokyoslim Plenty.

• Me reading @Sazime 's Jared Leto retrospective in a month or so
    alt text

• @tokyoslim It's gonna be elegant as all get out.

• 1: Will there be any spoken or on-screen appearance of Master Chief's full name, "John-117" during the presentation? Partials such as "John" or "117" do not count.
    No

2: The words "World Premiere" will appear on screen MORE than 9 times.
    Yes

3: Will a new Fable be shown?
    Yes

4: Will the word "Batman" be spoken?
    Yes

5: There will be a celebrity presenter. (I will count any real life person that does not work for Microsoft that has a wikipedia page, Tim Schafer does not count)
    No

6: Will the price be revealed?
    No - I've learned my lesson.

7: There will be a self deprecating joke about "showing real gameplay this time". It has to be an attempt at a joke and not an apologetic statement. I will consult joke experts if necessary.
    No

8: Will a demo for any of these games shown off in the 1st showcase be shadow dropped during the second showcase? Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Dirt 5, Yakuza: Like a Dragon, Madden NFL 21, Chorus, Scarlet Nexus, Bright Memory Infinite, Call of the Sea, Scorn, Second Extinction, The Ascent, The Medium, and Vampire: The Masquerade-Bloodlines 2.
    MUST BE SHADOW DROPPED and not made available earlier in the week!!!
    No

9: "Ray Tracing" will be said more than 4 times.
    No

10: The game that The Initiative is working on will be announced.
    No

11: Halo, Forza, AND Gears will all be present. (montages count)
    Yes

12: The Xbox Games Showcase will be longer than 75 minutes.
    Yes

Tie Breaker: Total number of times the phrase "Game Pass" is spoken aloud.

• 1: Will there be any spoken or on-screen appearance of Master Chief's full name, "John-117" during the presentation? Partials such as "John" or "117" do not count.

NO

NO for "World Premiere" but probably YES for iterations of "EXCLUSIVE" including "CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE", "TIMED EXCLUSIVE", "XBOX EXCLUSIVE", etc.

NO

NO

5: There will be a celebrity presenter. (I will count any real life person that does not work for Microsoft that has a wikipedia page, Tim Schafer does not count)

YES

NO

7: There will be a self deprecating joke about "showing real gameplay this time". It has to be an attempt at a joke and not an apologetic statement. I will consult joke experts if necessary.

can I bet on it being unclear and needing to be consulted with experts? if not, NO (most unsure about this bet)

8: Will a demo for any of these games shown off in the 1st showcase be shadow dropped during the second showcase? Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Dirt 5, Yakuza: Like a Dragon, Madden NFL 21, Chorus, Scarlet Nexus, Bright Memory Infinite, Call of the Sea, Scorn, Second Extinction, The Ascent, The Medium, and Vampire: The Masquerade-Bloodlines 2.

YES

if RTX counts, YES but if not, NO

NO

YES YES YES

YES but we should probably decide ahead of time if them cutting to extra gameplay or interviews after establishing everything counts or not because they might not call it a postshow, they might just say something like "stick around"

super hard because they could say it alot back to back about only one thing so think I'll shoot for the middle with FIVE TIMES

• Make me care about Halo again and give me new good exclusives otherwise i don't care.

at this stage i'm going to buy a PS5 first but the Xbox One was terrible so i'm still on the fence before i'm going to commit to picking up a series X

• @mbun said in Xbox Games Showcase quick and dirty forum bets:

YES but we should probably decide ahead of time if them cutting to extra gameplay or interviews after establishing everything counts or not because they might not call it a postshow, they might just say something like "stick around"

It does not count. Main showcase only. It's hard to say for sure when I don't know the format of the show beforehand how it will manifest - but so far all of the showcases have had a (more or less) obvious beginning and ending to them. If there's any question. I will go by when the EZA stream mutes the feed to react, as they generally don't stick around for the followup stuff.

YES

YES

YES

NO

YES
    Side Action - It will be Mahomes

YES

NO

YES

NO

YES

YES

YES

EDIT

• @dipset said in Xbox Games Showcase quick and dirty forum bets:

Side Action - It will be Mahomes

I will not take that bet. Everything is coming up Mahomes right now.

• 1: No
    2: Yes
    3: Yes
    4: No
    5: Yes.
    6: YES. I'm going out on a limb. It's gonna happen! (I am notoriously bad at going out on limbs)
    7: NO
    8: YES
    9: YES
    10: YES
    11: YES
    12: NO

Tie Breaker: 17

• 1: Will there be any spoken or on-screen appearance of Master Chief's full name, "John-117" during the presentation? Partials such as "John" or "117" do not count. No

2: The words "World Premiere" will appear on screen MORE than 9 times. Yes

3: Will a new Fable be shown? Yes

4: Will the word "Batman" be spoken? No

5: There will be a celebrity presenter. (I will count any real life person that does not work for Microsoft that has a wikipedia page, Tim Schafer does not count) Yes

6: Will the price be revealed? No

7: There will be a self deprecating joke about "showing real gameplay this time". It has to be an attempt at a joke and not an apologetic statement. I will consult joke experts if necessary.YES

MUST BE SHADOW DROPPED and not made available earlier in the week!!!No

9: "Ray Tracing" will be said more than 4 times.Yes

10: The game that The Initiative is working on will be announced. No

11: Halo, Forza, AND Gears will all be present. (montages count)Yes

12: The Xbox Games Showcase will be longer than 75 minutes.Yes

Tie Breaker: Total number of times the phrase "Game Pass" is spoken aloud. 8

No
    Yes
    Yes
    No
    Yes
    Yes
    No
    No
    Yes
    No
    Yes
    No

• 1: Will there be any spoken or on-screen appearance of Master Chief's full name, "John-117" during the presentation?
    No

No

No

No

No

No

No

No

No

Yes

Yes

Yes

• 1: Will there be any spoken or on-screen appearance of Master Chief's full name, "John-117" during the presentation? Partials such as "John" or "117" do not count. NO
    2: The words "World Premiere" will appear on screen MORE than 9 times. YES
    3: Will a new Fable be shown? NO
    4: Will the word "Batman" be spoken? NO
    5: There will be a celebrity presenter. (I will count any real life person that does not work for Microsoft that has a wikipedia page, Tim Schafer does not count) YES
    6: Will the price be revealed? NO
    7: There will be a self deprecating joke about "showing real gameplay this time". It has to be an attempt at a joke and not an apologetic statement. I will consult joke experts if necessary. NO
    MUST BE SHADOW DROPPED and not made available earlier in the week!!! NO
    9: "Ray Tracing" will be said more than 4 times. NO
    10: The game that The Initiative is working on will be announced. YES
    11: Halo, Forza, AND Gears will all be present. (montages count) YES
    12: The Xbox Games Showcase will be longer than 75 minutes. NO
    Tie Breaker: Total number of times the phrase "Game Pass" is spoken aloud. 9

No

No

Yes

No

No

No

No

No

No

No

Yes

No

3 times