Xbox Games Showcase quick and dirty forum bets

• @dipset said in Xbox Games Showcase quick and dirty forum bets:

Side Action - It will be Mahomes

I will not take that bet. Everything is coming up Mahomes right now.

• 1: No
    2: Yes
    3: Yes
    4: No
    5: Yes.
    6: YES. I'm going out on a limb. It's gonna happen! (I am notoriously bad at going out on limbs)
    7: NO
    8: YES
    9: YES
    10: YES
    11: YES
    12: NO

Tie Breaker: 17

• 1: Will there be any spoken or on-screen appearance of Master Chief's full name, "John-117" during the presentation? Partials such as "John" or "117" do not count. No

2: The words "World Premiere" will appear on screen MORE than 9 times. Yes

3: Will a new Fable be shown? Yes

4: Will the word "Batman" be spoken? No

5: There will be a celebrity presenter. (I will count any real life person that does not work for Microsoft that has a wikipedia page, Tim Schafer does not count) Yes

6: Will the price be revealed? No

7: There will be a self deprecating joke about "showing real gameplay this time". It has to be an attempt at a joke and not an apologetic statement. I will consult joke experts if necessary.YES

8: Will a demo for any of these games shown off in the 1st showcase be shadow dropped during the second showcase? Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Dirt 5, Yakuza: Like a Dragon, Madden NFL 21, Chorus, Scarlet Nexus, Bright Memory Infinite, Call of the Sea, Scorn, Second Extinction, The Ascent, The Medium, and Vampire: The Masquerade-Bloodlines 2.
    MUST BE SHADOW DROPPED and not made available earlier in the week!!!No

9: "Ray Tracing" will be said more than 4 times.Yes

10: The game that The Initiative is working on will be announced. No

11: Halo, Forza, AND Gears will all be present. (montages count)Yes

12: The Xbox Games Showcase will be longer than 75 minutes.Yes

Tie Breaker: Total number of times the phrase "Game Pass" is spoken aloud. 8

• 1: Will there be any spoken or on-screen appearance of Master Chief's full name, "John-117" during the presentation? Partials such as "John" or "117" do not count.
    No
    2: The words "World Premiere" will appear on screen MORE than 9 times.
    Yes
    3: Will a new Fable be shown?
    Yes
    4: Will the word "Batman" be spoken?
    No
    5: There will be a celebrity presenter. (I will count any real life person that does not work for Microsoft that has a wikipedia page, Tim Schafer does not count)
    Yes
    6: Will the price be revealed?
    Yes
    7: There will be a self deprecating joke about "showing real gameplay this time". It has to be an attempt at a joke and not an apologetic statement. I will consult joke experts if necessary.
    No
    8: Will a demo for any of these games shown off in the 1st showcase be shadow dropped during the second showcase? Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Dirt 5, Yakuza: Like a Dragon, Madden NFL 21, Chorus, Scarlet Nexus, Bright Memory Infinite, Call of the Sea, Scorn, Second Extinction, The Ascent, The Medium, and Vampire: The Masquerade-Bloodlines 2.
    MUST BE SHADOW DROPPED and not made available earlier in the week!!!
    No
    9: "Ray Tracing" will be said more than 4 times.
    Yes
    10: The game that The Initiative is working on will be announced.
    No
    11: Halo, Forza, AND Gears will all be present. (montages count)
    Yes
    12: The Xbox Games Showcase will be longer than 75 minutes.
    No
    Tie Breaker: Total number of times the phrase "Game Pass" is spoken aloud.

• 1: Will there be any spoken or on-screen appearance of Master Chief's full name, "John-117" during the presentation?
    No

No

No

No

5: There will be a celebrity presenter. (I will count any real life person that does not work for Microsoft that has a wikipedia page, Tim Schafer does not count)
    No

No

7: There will be a self deprecating joke about "showing real gameplay this time". It has to be an attempt at a joke and not an apologetic statement. I will consult joke experts if necessary.
    No

No

No

Yes

Yes

Yes

• 1: Will there be any spoken or on-screen appearance of Master Chief's full name, "John-117" during the presentation? Partials such as "John" or "117" do not count. NO
    2: The words "World Premiere" will appear on screen MORE than 9 times. YES
    3: Will a new Fable be shown? NO
    4: Will the word "Batman" be spoken? NO
    5: There will be a celebrity presenter. (I will count any real life person that does not work for Microsoft that has a wikipedia page, Tim Schafer does not count) YES
    6: Will the price be revealed? NO
    7: There will be a self deprecating joke about "showing real gameplay this time". It has to be an attempt at a joke and not an apologetic statement. I will consult joke experts if necessary. NO
    MUST BE SHADOW DROPPED and not made available earlier in the week!!! NO
    9: "Ray Tracing" will be said more than 4 times. NO
    10: The game that The Initiative is working on will be announced. YES
    11: Halo, Forza, AND Gears will all be present. (montages count) YES
    12: The Xbox Games Showcase will be longer than 75 minutes. NO
    Tie Breaker: Total number of times the phrase "Game Pass" is spoken aloud. 9

• 1: Will there be any spoken or on-screen appearance of Master Chief's full name, "John-117" during the presentation? Partials such as "John" or "117" do not count.
    No

No

Yes

No

No

No

No

No

No

No

Yes

No

3 times

1. No
    2. No
    3. Yes
    4. No
    5. No
    6. No
    7. No
    8. No
    9. Yes
    10. Yes
    11. Yes
    12. No
      Tie-Break: 20

No
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    No
    Yes
    No
    No
    No
    Yes
    Yes
    No

• Heart pounding...

0_1595520295524_192e3b85-f252-4751-839d-5d812c0741f2-image.png

EDIT:

DAMN!

• I slept in. I will be watching now and catching up.

• 1: N

2: Y

3: Y

4: N

5: Y (I'm counting Jack Black. He spoke the last words before the start of the Psychonauts 2 gameplay, and they were "And now it's time to rock. Shall we start rockin?" which was the "presentation" of that game.) If there are any serious challenges to this ruling, I will send it up to the council.

SIDE BET ACTION @Sazime : It was NOT Michael Ironside.

6: N

7: N (I didn't hear anything, but stream was a little chaotic. If I missed it, let me know)

8: N

9: N

10: N

11: Y (Gears was in a montage)

12: N

Tie Breaker: I counted 12. Might go through again just to make sure, but for now that's the official number.

• Looks like I'm 8/12

• I missed questions 4, 5 and 12 so 9/12 correct for me.

• 6/12

These were some bad bets not bad beats. No way in hell were they gonna say "John 117" lmao.

• @dipset they didn't have to say it

Feel free to do the next bets so I don't have to.

• 10/12!
    I'm satisfied with that :)

I underestimated their excessive Gamepass marketing though lol

• @tokyoslim

That's a saying in gambling "It wasn't a bad bet, it was a bad beat". I didn't mean your bets were bad, I meant that MINE were.

• @dipset Ah sorry. Thanks for clarifying.

• I only got 6/12, lol. I'm definitely not in tune with these Xbox thingies.