Vote for the forum's Game of the 2010s Decade!

• @chocobop That sounds on a good point to something I was thinking of. I was considering it as the games that didn't quite make it into the top 20 that still received a lot of votes; in practice in my head meaning that they were the top games that people had considered the most to be in the top 20, received votes, but didn't quite make it. I don't know if that works in practice though, because it's not exactly a decisive vote for those said games. Its based on the votes of a different thing.

Would it be better to maybe take a list of the games that didn't make it, based on the votes they received, and have people make a list of their top five or ten based on that? As 'underdog', I was more looking at it as the games that were still great but were overshadowed by the games that everyone else put above them, but I'm willing to examine other ways of doing it as well.

• New update:

We're at 32 votes now, things have slowed down a bit so please don't forget!

• @axel Will have mine in for Friday

• Ugh I'm just going to submit my list. I'm going camping for a week and I just won't have time to finish some of these heavy hitters.

Apologies in advance but I haven't finished or played: ME2&3, Divinity Original Sin 1, Danganronpa, Celeste, XCX, Civ VI, Neir, or DK Tropical Freeze. Not that any of these are going to make it nor get snubbed, but I get the vibe that they are heavy hitters set to appear.

• after this we gonna do the all time list again?

• @ff7cloud I would be all for it, but this is actually a good litmus test to see if it's even viable. The bigger initiatives have more impact with more votes, and since there isn't as many people active on the forums than there were at the time that list was put together, I don't know if it would be worth the trouble.

This thread (and subsequent followup) will be a good look at how much participation it'll get, and how many games could/can qualify.

• What Remains of Edith Finch would probably be my indie of the decade.

• I don't think I've ever had to rank something this big. I've gained a new appreciation for people who do ranking videos or tier lists.

How the hell am I supposed to know if I like Kid Icarus: Uprising more or less than Max Payne 3?!

• bumping this topic

• 40 voters now!

The game currently in 50th place has 53 points, so this is the current bar to make it!

21 games have 100 points or more. Things are moving with every vote so it's going to be interesting until the end.

I have an issue though, a few people registered on the forums to vote, and a couple of them voted for games that are not eligible, so I replied and told them, but they never checked the forums since. So I don't know how to handle their votes now.

• @axel Unfortunately if they don't get back to you, I don't know of we'd be able to count their entire list at that point. The other option I can think of is to exclude the games not qualified and bump everything up or down accordingly, but that may give things extra votes they didn't specifically earn.

• @axel Personally, since you made the attempt (and followups are entirely up to you), once you set the deadline for final calls of votes, if they STILL haven't responded to you, not only would I recommend giving a final heads up their votes can't count, but also put a general disclaimer in your initial starting post as a public notice: If people didn't take the time to fully read or respond, they can't be counted.

• @happygaming Yeah that's the thing, I could bump everything up but then which of their HMs do I bump up, since those are not supposed to be in any order... I could just randomly pick the first one they listed but it's a bit arbitrary at this point.

• @axel I think bumping up is wrong. I can put my favorite game at #2 because I realize that it isn't the best game of the decade, so promoting it to #1 will be against my will.

I say you should invalidate either entire vote or just positions with non-eligible games.

• @axel I would say keep their list as is, while omitting any ineligible games they voted for.

• Seems like a pretty simple fix if they don't respond. Say #3, #11, #20 are ineligible, then they are stricken from the vote, and other games do not move up to replace their spots. #4 stays #4, #12 stays #12, #HM stays #HM. Currently working on finalizing my order btw, will send it in soon.

• I was just told that Persona 4 isn't eligible for the voting. I'm disappointed in this forum.

• @axel said in Vote for the forum's Game of the 2010s Decade!:

I have an issue though, a few people registered on the forums to vote, and a couple of them voted for games that are not eligible, so I replied and told them, but they never checked the forums since. So I don't know how to handle their votes now.

If they aren't invested enough in the process to either understand the rules or check back to see how things are going, I would invalidate the lot. Only counting a subset of games would reduce the validity of the final ranking.

Continue to remind them publicly and privately until voting is closed, and if they haven't made the corrections by then, bin 'em.

• @iboshow Welcome to the party.

@tokyoslim said in Vote for the forum's Game of the 2010s Decade!:

I just want to say that I STILL disagree with not allowing Persona 4 Golden in 2012. My Persona 5 vote moved up about 4 slots because of Royal because I know we won't allow it in our GOTY this year for the same BS reasons.
    *Edit: not trying to sound like I'm criticising the decision making process, or people involved. I just don't like the outcome

• @iboshow I mean, it came out in 2008.