Nintendrones Unite

• @El-Shmiablo said in Nintendrones Unite:

One thing that would make me buy an NX instantly: Pokemon MMO
    Just pay Squeenix to make it, then they could have the first AND second best MMO on the market.

That is a terrible idea IMO

• @thenerdtheword
    Why, exactly?
    A Pokemon themed MMO doesn't seem like that wild of a concept, and Squeenix are currently running the only MMO worth a damn (WoW has been a raging garbage fire for years now), so what is the problem?

• @thenerdtheword I believe you meant to say, "That is a terrible idea, MMO."

• @El-Shmiablo said in Nintendrones Unite:

@thenerdtheword
    Why, exactly?
    A Pokemon themed MMO doesn't seem like that wild of a concept, and Squeenix are currently running the only MMO worth a damn (WoW has been a raging garbage fire for years now), so what is the problem?

As much as people keep going on about having one, a Pokémon MMO wouldn't work with the game's core conceit and target audience. Unless it was done in tightly controlled and very accessible capacity like Pokémon GO.

If you try to put it in the same mechanics/systems space as MMOs like FFXIV and WoW the core thread of the game would quickly get buried under the weight of needing to have an expansive game world and holding back rare Pokémon for the "best" and most dedicated players.

There is potential but not in the traditional MMO space.

• I wouldn't be surprised if the NX game is an HD Remake of Gen 1. As much as I eye roll at the rosey-eyed detachment from reality that purports this as one of the best pokemon ever made, I would really be down for that.

alt text

I remember playing Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness (Think Shadow Mewtwo, but Lugia) on the gamecube. That game was alright, but in terms of pokemon it was excellent. Beyond the shakeup of catching pokemon in trainer battles, it captured the weird quasi-futurism Pokemon has always embodied in the town design and mechanical puzzles. But, most essentially, the pokemon looked right.

The models didn't have this weird, washed-out look to them like they do in gen 6 and 7. But even more importantly, the moves looked great for a gamecube game. If we get a fancy new console Pokemon, I hope it looks like a high-fidelity version of this.

alt text

• I'm still in on Nintendo, they are far from perfect, but I just love their games, plain and simple.

The 3DS alone has been such an amazing system for games, both first and third party. Once it got its footing back in 2012ish, it became a non-stop train of handheld goodness. Even as its console cycle is ending, we still get a new generation of Pokemon to look forward to, so it's certainly not dead yet. If Nintendo can get even just half of that success on a home console (which may explain why the NX is likely a hybrid) as they did with the 3DS they will be sitting pretty I feel.

Even the Wii U, for all its issues, is a console I just like. I didn't fall out of love with Nintendo during the Wii years, but the Wii never really excited me much. It has its good games, but as far as quality goes, I prefer what the Wii U offers, even if it's less. I feel like I know what fans of the Dreamcast felt when they had this console they really liked, but it did not sell well enough to be considered a success.

With all this, the NX would have to be something totally awful to get me to not buy it. And even with the rumors about it being less than what I want, that probably would not deter me from getting one. Even if it winds up being a Nintendo machine like the Wii U was, I still have other consoles for third party stuff, so I can't say I would be angry if it plays out like that.

• Did Musou get banned or something?

Anyway,i like Nintendo. I don't have a problem with them nearly as much as other people seem to have. They do things i disagree with sometimes but so does everyone else really.

I really have no problem with them being different by trying new things instead of just being another third party machine because,well,i already have 2 of those being a PS4 and a PC. I don't really need a third system to not play Battleborn on.

Looking forward to the NX reveal.

• @Stephleref pretty much this, i don't need another xbox, or ps4 since i have both of those consoles, i loved the WiiU and the games that came out on the system, i'm most likely gonna love the NX because it isn't the same stupid multimedia garbage with a bunch of shitty features i won't use.

just give me twitch, youtube, and video games that all i need at this point in my life.

also it's nice to see the nintendo bashing translate to a whole new forum lol.

• @KingofDMC I think not having image and video sharing features built into the NX would actually be the biggest mistake Nintendo has made in years (or alternatively cracking down on those videos once they're released). Just think how much fan art gets made of Zelda, and how big Skyrim videos, screenshots, and memes were upon its release.

Nintendo needs to jump on that train for Breath of the Wild, as that's a huge amount of free marketing. Moreover, there's a chance for this Zelda—the first HD Zelda—to become a phenomenon the size of Skyrim (which would basically guarantee the NX's success, just like the Wii's launch did).

• @KingofDMC said in Nintendrones Unite:

@Stephleref i'm most likely gonna love the NX because it isn't the same stupid multimedia garbage with a bunch of shitty features i won't use.

I mean there is a double edged sword there. I love the multimedia features that the Xbox 360 and PS3 introduced to consoles. It really changed my living room expectations. If PS4 and XBO didn't have these features they'd be criticized. I don't see why Nintendo wouldn't have some of those features for users who ONLY want an NX. I see where people may come from if they want their games console to be strictly a games console but I also think times have changed quite a bit from that road.

I mean sure NX being an alternative to that is great but I wouldn't call the PS4 or XBO garbage for having multimedia options (PS4 even dialed it back from PS3).