Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster (Switch/PS4)

• Youtube Video

Originally released for the PS2 in 2003/2004, this "cult classic" is coming back to Nintendo Switch and PS4. Releasing Spring 2021.

• When the game was first released in Japan, it was simply SMT3 Nocturne. It was later re-released in 2004 under the name SMT 3 Nocturne Maniax. This is the version we know in the west that was released as SMT 3 Nocturne/Lucifer's Call. This version of the game's most notable addition was Dante from Devil May Cry. The game was then released AGAIN in Japan only in 2008 under the name SMT 3 Nocture Maniax Chronicle. This version of the game replaces Dante with Raidou Kuzunoha from the SMT Devil Summoner series.

Around the 1:06 mark of the video above, Raidou appears. Fingers crossed, this means we are finally getting a version with Raidou in the west!

• I know that if I bought I would end up doing absolutely nothing with it, as I normally do with special editions, but man are Atlus Japan special editions cool as hell, would love to had that Amala Drum light.

alt text

Gotta wonder how likely it is for more rerelases from them, and I'll try to keep my hopes for a P3 remake in check.

• @e_zed_eh_intern
    I may be wrong but I could of sworn Atlus offered the Raidou version as a exclusive on thier store when they (and Sega in general) reprinted a ton of PS2 games

Anyway hopefully this is a sign Atlus is looking at thier back catalog for releases. Beyond the obvious choices in Persona, Digital Devil Saga, and the Raidou games would be great, along with a port of P4 Arena (which I'm surprised never happened)

• @e_zed_eh_intern do you know if Raidou just takes Dante's role or if it is a different setup?

• @dmcmaster I do think this is another sign of Atlus's and Sega wish to capitalize on their backlog, and makes me hopefull for the P3 remake I suspected, other than that I don't know what would be the best option to bring back again, my Digital Devil Saga, but it is hard to tell.

• @bard91
    He replaces Dante completely

• @bard91
    I feel like Digital Devil Saga and SMT4/4Apocalypse are the most likely candidates at the moment.

And I vaguely remember seeing a rumor somewhere that full P3/4 remakes would be announced next year along with Persona 5 R on Switch, and probably Next Gen with something extra, also Persona 5 Arena.

Allegedly the P4 remake is just Golden in P5's engine and a few characters from 3 and 5 as extra party members. Persona 3 would be like a reimagining giving you the choice between male and female MC, but having them still present in the story.

• @bard91 Yes as far as I understand they switched them. For this one, I wonder if that'll be it or there'll be a choice. I imagine there may be legal / rites / contract etc stuff involved.

• @e_zed_eh_intern
    Probably not going to happen, also maybe it's just me but it looks like it's been remade (in a similar aesthetic) then a remaster.

• Welp Raidou and Dante
    Youtube Video