Nintendo Financial Results - as of 30 June 2020
Axel last edited by
The latest Nintendo financial results have arrived, a month later than usual, so note that most figures are from June 30th, not July.
- Switch hardware sales have now reached 61.44 million units. That's 5.67 million sold in Q1!
- Total software sales are now at 406.67 million. That's 50.43 million sold in Q1. In other words, roughly one-eighth of the total software sales happened in the last 3 months...
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe still holds the best-seller crown with 26.74 million, an additional 1.97 million in Q1. But for how long?
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons took second place and at this rate, could take the first spot before the year is over! It sold an additional 10.63 million in Q1, for a total of 22.4 million lifetime. A "lifetime" of about 3 months, insane performance!
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is now 3rd with 19.99 million (+1.15 million in Q1).
- Fourth is The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild with 18.60 million (+1.19 in Q1). As predicted, it overtook Mario.
- Another game that overtook Mario is Pokémon Sword and Shield with 18.22 million (+0.85 in Q1). It is now the third best-selling Pokémon game of all time, behind Red/Blue and Gold/Silver.
- So Super Mario Odyssey is now 6th with 18.06 million (+0.65 in Q1). At this pace, it will never catch up with the top 5 again.
- As for the few new games that came out this quarter, Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition sold 1.32 million, and Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics sold 1.03 million. Not bad at all!
- Ring Fit Adventure sold an additional 1.17 million in Q1, for a total of 3.90 million, the covid effect!
- In terms of future releases, Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4 and Breath of the Wild 2 are still TBA, but Bravely Default II is still 2020. And well, Pikmin 3 Deluxe is slated for October 30th. I really hope they've got something more to announce soon.
naltmank last edited by
Soon the prophecy will come to pass, and Animal Crossing: New Horizons will pass Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, heralding the dawn of a new era: the era of Mario Kart 9.
Yoshi last edited by
Isabelle. the real Doomslayer.
Yoshi last edited by
Wow the Switch top 10 software sales have even better sales numbers than even the Top 10 selling titles that the PS2, a console that sold almost 3 times more than Switch, sold.