Polymega

• I was lucky and got the ultimate bundle when the pre orders first launched, so I'll definitely check in with videos and such when it launches and I get it in my hands.

• Seems cool, price is a little high for someone like me that just sees it as a box that plays a lot of older cart/CD games. I'm need to check out some of these impressions. Thanks for sharing.

• Personally, the appeal is less about the games you can play and is almost more about how well or accurately the console plays them. I frequent the My Life in Gaming series, and really strive to get all my old games running as accurately as I can in their original forms. With this particular system, it's not FPGA based anymore, but the developers strive for a good scale on accuracy vs easy to use.

While there are other methods to play a lot of the games, there aren't many options that play as authentically or as easily in a legal way. For example, some of the clone consoles like the Retron 5 had poorly used and stolen emulation software. The Polymega team are working firsthand with the developers of all of the emulation software involved to make sure each system runs with a certain amount of quality.

All that being said though, it is definitely an expensive option if you just want an easy way to boot up CD games. It's not going to be for everyone, I think it just depends on what you're looking for in your setup.

• @happygaming
    I'm so mixed on my Retron 5. Like I like it (and got it pretty cheap) but the emulation just feels off. Like Super Mario World, spent god knows how many hours playing it as a kid, but it feels off when on Retron. Like I have it on multiple other platforms (Wii,WiiU,3DS and Switch) and it plays just as i remember, but on Retron its like 99.9% the same, but there's like just something off that throws me for a loop.

• @dmcmaster same, my sister has one and I tried to play Donkey Kong Country and a couple NES games we had growing up at one point and it just never felt right to me. I don't want to make it seem like it's the wrong option for people because it likely will work for like 90% of people who just want to pop their stuff in and play on their television. But I think for some people that look for super accurate console and emulator authenticity, it may not be the best option. I'm just hoping Polymega scratches that itch for me as a retro hardware enthusiast.

• @happygaming
    From everything I've heard and seen, Polynega is light years ahead of Retron, judging from what MVG said awhile back
    Youtube Video

That said I really want one, something I can pop in all my Games, load them to a SD card or tiny USB drive. Also if they ever release a N64 module or Gamecube I'll be in heaven honestly.

• https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/playmaji-polymega

Another preview for the hardware

• Youtube Video

Review from Metal Jesus

• https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/playmaji-polymega

Official review from PC Magazine is looking good!

• Youtube Video

New review up from EPN. He put up impressions a bit ago, but this is his full review.

• Sad but expected news today:

After a website redesign, Playmaji announced that due to an issue in communication with a retail partner, the product isn't going to be shipping to meet it's originally delayed date of the 15th, and is instead being pushed to Q1 2021, with the new delayed date of February 21.

It's a frustrating thing to have to sit through, especially as a day 1 pre-order'er more than two years ago. However on the other hand I'm happy they finally gave an update. I'm just hoping they're better about it as things go forward, and maybe give their new light gun out for free for early adopters who have gotten the shaft for so long.

0_1605222856083_Screenshot_20201112-171112.jpg