Halo (franchise) - Official Discussion Thread

• I kinda want to have a few more playlists. Like gimme a slayer one.

• @bigdude1 said in Halo (franchise) - Official Discussion Thread:

I kinda want to have a few more playlists. Like gimme a slayer one.

Yeah, I'm really tired of playing the same modes on the same maps over and over again. They just added Fiesta which has always been a favourite of mine. They never seem to have a 24/7 Fiesta which I've longed for and get excited every time they bring it back. But overall, I'm tired of continually getting: Bazaar - CTF, Recharge - Strongholds, and Streets - Oddball. It's quite repetitive, especially since Bazaar is just such a bad map.

However, their crew is on a well earned vacation. I'm sure this past year wasn't easy getting the game into shape. I can wait for updates in a month or so when they are back.

--

In playing Fiesta, you start automatically with random equipment gadgets and I've gotten some interesting kills using Grapple Shot (grapple hook) and Repulsor (force push). I almost wonder if the game would benefit if you started with one of these in regular modes. The pace of the match increases a lot when more equipment is in-play.

I had an amazing clip, but I guess Theatre mode doesn't save your footage if you join late, even if its 10 sec late. So I'll try to make another clip of me using this equipment but it's way more interesting than I first realized when you're given easy access to it and don't need to pick it up in the middle of a match.

EDIT:

Not a fantastic example, but @:45 you can see FatRat use the Repulsor for non-combat purposes. He uses equipment a few times in this video.

Fiesta Slayer on Launch Site - Halo Infinite Gameplay (21 Kills, Killtacular)
    Youtube Video – [00:45..]

Honestly, the equipment is pretty great in Infinite the more I play it. It's lightyeard above the Armor Lock days of Reach (although I did love the Clone equipment option). Also lightyears ahead of the 3rd person side jump from Halo 4. This equipment in Infinite compliments the physics sandbox nicely.

• Been playing for the last two days. Very seldom do online shooters grab me, I do try them but usually I quit after minutes. Having said that, I love it! Gameplay is tight, good variety of weapons and for the most part fun. Sound is a HUGE improvement, music and sound design are top. The maps are fine, I do love the big ones. Baazar is my favourite from the small ones, although the choke point at the centre doors doesn't quite work, map is too small for that.

Fiesta was great, I like the random weapon thing, learned a lot. I'll try not to waste much more time with it but it is tons of fun and addicting. And the general quality of gameplay, sound and performance makes me more excited about the campaign. Getting some hype over here.

I'll always be more of a CS, PUBG kind of online player and the few times I've tried Halo multiplayer I hated it, was not expecting to enjoy this.

• @phbz

From the 30ish hours that I've played, I'm pretty confident that the new weapons and tools will compliment the Campaign very nicely. Honestly, it seems like they were designed with more open freedom and experimentation in mind.

Halo Infinite's Greatest Weapon
    Youtube Video

• Got myself a new clip tonight. Nothing crazy but it amused me.

Halo Infinite—Tactical Espionage Action
    Youtube Video

• Been playing a "bit" more, I might be addicted but there's anything I want to play rn since Halo's campaign is just around the corner. Getting better at it.
    When people are playing for the objective it's such an incredibly fun game but it can be infuriating when not enough people care about playing the game, for the most part i'm having a great time.

• i kinda hate the random vechile drops in this. i get they didn't want people rushing to get the power vechiles. but now it's impossible to even know where something good is going to drop.

i haven't had one single game where a wasp has dropped near me so i haven't even been able to try out the wasp vechile yet

• Vehicle drops frequently ruin btb for me.

• I'm still playing it. It's obviously fun because I've put time into it but it's all these little things that add up that bring the whole experience down. Like you guys said, vehicle spawns are not great but weapon spawns are boring too. You never stumble into a power weapon mid-gunfight like in prior games. You always rush to get the rocket or sniper in the middle of the map. Which is just odd placement. And randomized weapons doesn't add any concrete identity to any given map. I always get annoyed when a match has the Ravanger as a weapon pickup because it's so useless.

Maybe you guys can fill me in but with a weakened Shotgun, I don't know what gun or play can possibly counteract the Gravity Hammer at medium to close range. Is there one? The closest thing is the Energy Sword but the Gravity Hammer has an advantage because they can blast Sword players away. Maybe the Repulsor equipment but even the range for that is equal to the Grav Hammer.

• Oh man, apparently 343 nailed it. Shame El Shmiablo is no longer among us. Probably we're missing another meltdown after Metroid.

Still I'll wait for a patch to fix the cutscene stuttering before playing the game, I'll give them a week before going for it.

• Halo Infinite is definitely the best Halo 343 has made. i mainly want more playlists, more maps and to get rid of the randomized vehicle drops

• Between the three director shifts and a pretty boring abysmal showing 12 months ago, it’s good to see they finally made a good Halo game. I could kinda tell the second I saw the montage trailer that this was going to be a massive improvement.

Apparently the Campaign is full of nods and Easter eggs across the entire series which is a good way to celebrate a game called “Infinite” and will allegedly be the one Halo game for a long time. May as well make it a platform to just be all things Halo.

I still think I’m gonna hold off until co-op launches in 9 months. I can’t shake the disappointment that games used to release as GOTY contenders with all features in place, but nowadays they get patched on a roadmap.

• @phbz yeah where’d that guy go?

• @e_zed_eh_intern Banned, still.

• He told me he got permabanned. I'll miss Shim. Even a nice forum needs an edge sometimes.

--

OT - EZA Impressions w/ Ben & Brad
    Youtube Video

TL;DR

• Open world freedom is nice
    • Grapple Hook is essential and fun addition overall
    • Story has more heart and emotional weight than recent entries
    • Solid boss battles and tough difficulty
    • A lot of samey open world-ness, but Halo physics can make it fun

Other things I've been reading elsewhere:

• Intro levels are linear > majority of game is open world > some linear levels > ending is all linear
    • Enjoyable solo but some parts are clearly designed for co-op (which is missing and will be missing for 9 months... sigh)
    • Awesome soundtrack the remixes Bungie-era music and incorporates new music for a nostalgia whirlwind

• This post is deleted!

• He never really added anything to the discussion. I could not care less.

• @dipset
    But can we shoot out the lights?

• @bigdude1 agreed. good riddance.