Halo (franchise) - Official Discussion Thread

• MCC as I don't play online has been a flawless experience since day one. Actually might replay 4s campaign on the XSX, I like it.

• 4 isn’t bad imo

• More bad news for Halo Infinite.

• Just give up.
    Cancel the game. Dissolve 343. Start over from scratch.

• Damn. I was excited for this game too, but it's really not looking good.

• Man that's a tough pill to swallow. A lot of people want Halo Infinite to be that return to form. No sense in releasing a half baked product, but also no sense in sinking more time and money into a lost cause.

Perhaps the director has served his role and is moving on. To be fair, he might've been hired for x-amount of time, the schedule kept getting pushed and he can't stay anymore. Laid down the blueprint, built the foundation, put all the wheels in motion, and now he's just moving on?

Buuuuuut it seems like he was longtime 343 staff and not a hired gun so I'm somewhat doubtful that's the case...

sigh

Just support Halo MCC for another 2 years and go back to the drawing board. I need the juicy Papa Schreier details...

• @demonpirate well that's a kick in the balls considering it was meant to be a Day one Launch title for the Series X.
    then it was "early next year"
    now it's almost a full year later.

• Some new concept art.

• Some new Halo Infinite screenshots

• @bam541 what happened to my bro Craig though?

• @yoshi he's probably just vibing somewhere in the game, maybe as an easter egg

• Oh man those screen shots already look waaaaay better than the video from last year. My main takeaway is that I don’t see any of that weird metal bullshit in the backdrops. Those blocky metal structures in the mountains or whatever looked so weird.

I have hope still. Looking good.

• Looks fine, but I was fine with the graphics on the reveal. Least of my concerns regarding Halo tbh.

But they better make a side mission where I have to rescue Craig from an angry mob or I'm done with the series.

• @phbz I don't think anybody at 343 is self aware enough to do that.

And yeah, the graphics look fine (still miles behind contemporaries) but that should be the least of people's concerns regarding 343 made Halos.

• Honestly, art direction was a tip top concern of mine. Probably higher up than some gameplay things. Halo 4 and 5's art direction was just "gloss" and "make it shiny" and it had virtually no identity outside of the already iconic red and blue UNSC suit of armour. I've only played a limited amount of Halo 5 but it did have some fun gameplay elements and the game wasn't complete shit, so I have faith somebody there knows what they are doing gameplay wise.

That's why art and aesthetic is really important to me. I couldn't stomach another glossy Halo game that has less in common with what made the series great and more in common with COD Black Ops.

• @dipset If the gameplay itself doesn't even remotely resemble what made the franchise great in the first place, a slightly more consistent art style isn't going to mean much in the end.

• @el-shmiablo

For sure and I watched some Halo 5 campaign videos and it looks like a complete dumpster fire. I just mean the MP has a lot of solid elements so I know they are capable of doing Halo justice but I have yet to see anything the artistically looks like something I can physically stare at for more than 10 minutes.

Those games just look so blah so I’m happy Infinite already looks better.