The EZA Forums Top 50 Games of the 2010s!

• My thoughts on games part 1:

Rocket League
    It was a fun game for awhile and some stuff you could do were cool. Just lost interest among my friends so pretty much I'm out too.

Life Is Strange
    Surprised it made the list. I enjoyed Huber and Elyse's play on it and was interested how it would unravel. Enjoyed it.

Journey
    I liked it and it was a nice little journey. Just didn't feel the impact people are making out of it.

Monster Hunter World
    I consider this to be a GOTD even if I personally like other stuff a bit more. The game is just amazing from monsters to community and small stuffs that may get unnoticed. So much warmth and jolly vibes from NPCs with food that looks salivating. I for sure am not a good hunter and get my ass kicked from every monster that has come out this year with Iceborne expansion but you can't help but just feel good hunting with friends and strangers. It's not perfect but rest of the stuff makes up for it.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    I didn't like this game. Even if I never finished Dark Souls 3 it never made me hate playing it. It is a hard game and me forcing to play through it was a mistake on my part when I played other From Software games with a long break before returning to them. Changes I liked were the game looks amazing with some characters I liked more than their other games.
    I don't understand the praise for Mikiri-counter, it was so easy to pull off with genrerous time window and didn't feel as tight. Even Onimusha 1 had better counters since you didn't need to parry if you timed it perfectly. Also combat was monotonous after few hours and tools only help a short while for it. Didn't like that game gets easier the more bosses you beat. Bloodborne difficulity raised the more insight you had so getting better made it harder which is a way better difficulity scaling.

Death Stranding
    This game is empty and boring. It has MGSV controls which I consider to be one of the best for TPS but doesn't have that many stuff to do as MGSV yet I love being in this world. The online and being connected to other porters and coming together to build roads and other stuff was an experience that stays with me. Taking my trike and drive around, crossing rivers and obstacles while taking care of BB which should be as annoying as hell but connected with instead. I saw someone describe iit perfectly: A wonderful, boring game

Final Fantasy XV
    I put 110 hours on it. Finished it. And the only good thing that I got from it was cruising in my car with my buddies while listening to older FF games soundtrack. The most disappointing game I have ever played. Graphics aside the whole game was a mess. Story was pure trash, combat was broken and not good and it really felt it needed way more time in the oven. Of course this was before they made numerous changes and DLCs for it but don't think it would change my mind about the game any way even with that Digimon Frontier nod I saw.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
    Top tier controls in the genre, fun gadgets and stuff and some interesting twists. Sadly the open worldness and mission structure killed it. MGS is known for lots of deep dives in discussion, the narrativeness that talked about lots of stuff and crazy moments with good voice acting and characters. I found some story bits interesting but some really needed more fleshed out.

Nier: Automata
    Combat was a bit too simple though I have seen people done some cooler stuff than I did. Story was great but maybe a bit too long with so many endings. Soundtrack was grand and at times more so that it didn't fit the world or the setting. 2B's outfit is a 10. Stylish, beautiful, just perfect.

Resident Evil 2
    Outside of 2nd run not well thought out and Leon's and Claire's lack of interaction with each other, this remake is amazing. It's a good and a fun game that was easily replayable and definitely one of the best when I think back to this decade. I slightly prefer original because of the reasons above.

• My thoughts on games part 2:

Yakuza 0
    The beginning is slow but once you get past that point the game picks up and never lets you go. The story, characters, side stuffs and the combination of crazyness makes it a hell of a ride. I got invested so much with it that I was in for the rest of the series no matter what. That's how goot the game is. So many emotions.

**Shovel Knight
    I don't know if it's the D-pad but many times I had trouble doing the down attack. The game was otherwise fine. Nothing major but it is a well made game with a nice soundtrack.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
    Favorite Uncharted game and also a game from Naughty Dog for me. It has quite a bit of slow paces but it elevated the characters even more. Love globetrotting and enemies not spamming out of all over the place like older games. This was an excellent ending that I wish Indiana Jones had. That one short moment which I won't mention is probably the best moment I have had with their games.

Marvel's Spider-Man
    I died a lot in the beginning. The game just throws you in the middle of the combat and you have so much you can do that it was overwhelming. Side missions were a bit repetitive. Combat and story were great and who could not forget how amazing web slinging is. DLC were OK and got better each time. Major gripe. Something happens and it's through DLC and that is not the worst part but I won't spoil it.

Persona 5
    A great RPG with a great OST. Still early on Royal but hope to get back to see what many changes it did. I love the characters and designs of them.

Dark Souls
    The world and how paths are connected to each other is top tier. This game would be one of the greats if only Blight town wasn't such an awful place to go through in the original and half of the bosses straight out sucks. Artorias is still my favorite fight in Souls games. My cousin watching while I dodge constant upward slash was so anime. Those nasty mimes though. Damn them.

God of War
    Fighting certain enemies in rage mode was frustrating and was the only time I had issues with combat. Besides that this game was amazing from start to finish. I never got into older games but really like Kratos throughout this game. Hats of for Sony Santa Monica for a great game.

The Last of Us
    After the impact in the beginning, this game was a 6 at best throughout most of the game. It was boring and uninteresting and I was almost checked out on the game. Then just before the last quarter or so it picked up the pace and the ending was bold and I was surprised I wasn't spoiled by it by internet. And since I only liked 20-30% of the game, I can't say it's higher than a 7 for me personally. Shout out to Nolan North because I didn't realise it was him and doing a banger job.

Bloodborne
    I felt the dread. Co-op was a bit hard to do again like other games excluding Demon's and Dark Souls 2. I had a break again and didn't know insight had a big role in it. Also picked the cane which totally didn't fit my style in the end. Took some time but overall enjoyed my time with it even if I'm not too into horror unless there is more action.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    I guess people like changes in the formula. Played 3 hours of it, got the kite, deemed it wasn't for me or worth my time and I was done. I did let my nephews play it.

• @ffff0 said in The EZA Forums Top 50 Games of the 2010s!:

Community Showcase submission post is up: https://www.patreon.com/posts/community-2020-42135511

Post submitted!

• @axel Great! But you can include points in the format "(100 points)" for the first entry and "(100p)" for the rest. This will add 51 words total, which should still be under the limit if you delete "I didn't include the points for each due to the word limit, but I'll say that the top 12 was way above the rest, clearly the elite of the decade."

• @ffff0 Sure, but I was also being considerate to Jones who will read the whole list, it's long enough as it is and I don't feel like specifying the points gives much added value to them. Maybe I'll reconsider!

• @axel I believe, Jones loves such ratings. I also think that there's value in seeing the points, but I also understand that it will be a bit weird, since it will be unclear how many points were assigned for each vote.

It's up to you of course, I just saw your note about word limit and decided to suggest a workaround.

• @ffff0 sounds like we're gonna get a shoutout in a Huber Syndrome, that's pretty awesome.

• Very cool conversation, glad they enjoy those! Sorry I didn't go back to add in the points for each game, it completely skipped my mind.

Looking forward to that Syndrome!!

• I'm with the Allies in shock that Mario Galaxy 2 was outscored by HZD, Spiderman outscored Witcher 3 and there's no Hollow Knight!!!

• @phbz said in The EZA Forums Top 50 Games of the 2010s!:

and there's no Hollow Knight

I just think we did 2017 voting in 2017, when a lot of people hadn't played it yet. Since it didn't make the 2017 list, it wasn't eligible for the 2010's list.

• @tokyoslim I know. But no Hollow Knight!! 😁

• @phbz said in The EZA Forums Top 50 Games of the 2010s!:

I know. But no Hollow Knight!!

At least you can mentally place it whenever you want. Underrated eligible games don't have such privilege.

• @ffff0 How about Top 50 games that aren't in the Top 25 of the 2010s. Now that's a hard list.

• ...and here's the Huber Syndrome episode that Huber talked about!

• This post is deleted!

• Global Moderator

Yeah shout out from Huber! :D We should be proud haha!

• So cool! :)

• That was really cool :)