Spiritfarer

• Spiritfarer was shadowdropped today on all platforms. The game looks beautiful, relaxing and in the end also sad, of course. I bought it immediately (24,95 € / PS4).

"Spiritfarer is a cozy management game about dying. You play Stella, ferrymaster to the deceased, a Spiritfarer. Build a boat to explore the world, then befriend and care for spirits before finally releasing them into the afterlife. Farm, mine, fish, harvest, cook, and craft your way across mystical seas. Join the adventure as Daffodil the cat, in two-player cooperative play. Spend relaxing quality time with your spirit passengers, create lasting memories, and, ultimately, learn how to say goodbye to your cherished friends."

Some very good reviews: https://opencritic.com/game/10030/spiritfarer

Launch Trailer (an excellent one)
    Youtube Video

• Had my eye on this one since they first showed it in one of these directs or state of plays. Very cool shadow drop.

• I played the demo when Steam had that Game Awards demo thingy last year. The art direction attracted me but the game felt pretty bland. I felt like it needs an x-factor of sorts. I almost picked it for Fantasy Critic but then wasn't too sure how it'd turn out cause the demo was brief.

I'll wait for the reviews. I have to say though, the demo drop was genius because I'd have no clue what this game is without it. Anything to get your neck out there.

• @dipset I did put the OpenCritic link there. The game stands currently at 88 & Mighty with 16 reviews and 93 % of the critics recommend it.

• Can someone that's played it tell me how rough it gets, emotionally speaking? Have been curious about it for a while but I've been pretty raw lately and am not really trying to get gutted.

• This one was one of my favourites when they first show it at E3 but when I tried the demo months ago I didn't like it that much except art direction, it was too slow. Maybe I can give it a try again.

• Wow. I've played like the first two hours so far and I am blown away. It seems to have captured the Ghibli spirit, perhaps unintentionally, and I am super into all the sim aspects. It's just a beautiful game. So far the characters are all well written, and it does a great job of building a world that doesn't spell everything out for you.

I don't know, I love a good vibe and this game has vibes in spades. It's like the Spirited Away game I didn't know I needed.

• Just a PSA this is on game pass and from a review I saw its kinda happy sad like saying goodbye to people with good memories.

• As soon as I manage to step away from MSFS I wanna play this!

• As usual this is not showing up on my region's PSN store yet, I would have bought it immediately if it did. Right now I'm considering getting it for my Switch Lite, but I really want to play this on my new TV.

• Spiritfarer is pretty dang good so far. I streamed like 4+ hours of the game tonight.

• Aaand the game did it. It made me cry. Granted it doesn't take much but still, it was more impactful than I was expecting it to be this early on. Absolutely beautiful game.

• I'm finally playing it. Don't know how it's going to be in the long run but so far I have only praises. Fantastic!

• I will say that after you say goodbye to the first person, there's kind of a lull/aimlessness in what you're supposed to be doing. I'm just kinda drifting around gathering supplies/upgrading stuff until it becomes clearer what I'm supposed to be doing. Still jolly, but story progression is a bit halted.