Fall Guys and Capitalism

• First thing I thought about is that anyone has a chance of winning in Fall Guys, so just based on that quick observation, no, not like capitalism at all, can't help but wonder what made you think that.

• This sounds like something I would have to write an essay about if I lost a bet.

• This thread should get moved to the Hall of Fame.

• It's symbolic of individuals being better off alone and team work always gets you eliminated.

• Never played it. Do you bomb and invade other countries to keep the economy going?

• Ok I get that Fall Guys isn't directly capitalistic, but certain elements seem to echo capitalism. Look at all the 60 same-looking avatars racing and scrambling to the finish line. What about the elimination format and how only one of you will win the crown-it's like a rat race.

• I think you're looking for symbolism that isn't there. Sometimes a game is just a game.

• @hanabi There is symbolism there or at least some mild similarities. There are articles out there that make comparisons between Fall Guys and capitalism so I'm not alone in identifying these connections.

• @jdincinerator but I think you might be looking at it a bit backwards. It's like capitalism because it's a competition but just because it's a competition, doesn't mean it's capitalism.

• It's literally a battle royale game, is as much a representation of capitalism as is PUBG. Romantic capitalism has competition as an ideological base, so like most competitions it shares some "iconography"with capitalism but in reality the absence of pay-to-win mechanics makes it less of a representation of actual capitalism than other online games.

• @e_zed_eh_intern Competition isn't the only connection there-I'd ignore it if that was the case. But think of it-you're playing as an avatar that looks like all the other avatars-there's nothing special about any of the avatars, they all race to a finish line where a pile of them will be eliminated and then another round will shave off more competitors and the final round determines the soul survivor-kinda like a job interview process.