Food Dislikes

• Global Moderator

Raisins... really really cant stand them in food or anything
    Other dried fruits and nuts, not a fan, nuts can work in some cases, but most not so much.
    Olives, just nope, I've tried but cant get to it.
    Sundried tomatoes, unless they are inside something.
    Cherry in things. I like fresh cherry on its own, but as soon as you have it in something or flavour, Im out.
    Kinda same with black currant.

• @jdincinerator Nope. You're not getting my personal data to sell that easily!

Tomatoes and Mushrooms

• Sweet tomato sauce kinda like how Filipino's do it. Eff that.
    • Canned tomato sauce
    • Pizza Pizza, Pizza Hut, Dominos, or any of that shit.
    • Kraft Dinner
    • Miracle Whip
    • Bologna
    • Hot wet gross ass blueberries ruining perfectly fine pancakes

FYI, I'm Italian.

• @dipset I'm guessing you like authentic pizza and not all these takeaway phony pizzas? I love Pizza Hut personally but authentic Pizzas are brilliant and actually taste like the real deal. Dominos I used to like but their advertisements especially over this way in the UK-are insufferable-as are the selection of Pizzas. As for blueberries I don't mind them but I prefer grapes.

• The herby bitterness of coriander is quite horrible.

• @jdincinerator Dominoes used to have my favorite pizza chain thin crust, but then they rebranded because "people hated their crust and said it tasted like cardboard", so they started flavoring their crusts with herbs and stuff and changed their thin crust recipe too, and now it is awful, and I'll forever be upset about it.

• @jdincinerator yeah I assume you're talking about the leaves and not the seeds? What the UK calls "coriander" (the leaves) a lot of other places call "cilantro". We call the seeds coriander and a lot of people (myself included) say it tastes like soap. Somebody once told me that it's a genetic thing. All I know is when you don't know it's in something, the shock is like getting punched in the face when you get the first taste.

• @jdincinerator said in Food Dislikes:

@dipset I'm guessing you like authentic pizza and not all these takeaway phony pizzas? I love Pizza Hut personally but authentic Pizzas are brilliant and actually taste like the real deal. Dominos I used to like but their advertisements especially over this way in the UK-are insufferable-as are the selection of Pizzas. As for blueberries I don't mind them but I prefer grapes.

I mean, I'm not a pizza snob. I'm all for people trying new things with pizza. I tried an innovative "sandwich" pizza in Rome next to the Pantheon. It was really damn good and that country is pretty conservative with it's cuisine. So I don't care about "this isn't an authentic New York style" as much as I care about it tasting good.

What I have such a disdain for are these awful chain pizza corporations producing identical tasting cardboard pizza. In high school and early 20s I'd be drunk at 2-4am walking home and usually the default restaurant that's open that late is Pizza Pizza or Smoke's Poutinerie.

Both suck, but I'll go hungry before I eat Pizza Pizza. That shit has absolutely no flavour whatsoever. Domino's isn't far behind, but both are essentially cheap sauce over occasionally cooked (but often under cooked) cardboard.

I don't know how people can eat this chain pizza shit when every neighbourhood has solid pizza shops.

• @e_zed_eh_intern I am from the UK so coriander is what us lot say to describe those pungent leaves.

• I don't like chow mein very much either.