EZA curates September games: What are you anticipating? What's worth checking out?

• A thread for examining the new games of September! Share your personal picks, interesting curios, and not quite there possibles...

Did you discover some small game that not everyone knows about?
    Share that and let us know what it is about!

Already know a thing or two that interests you?
    Make a list of your interests and/or possibles!

Don't know what's so great about an upcoming game you keep hearing about?
    Ask here!

Don't follow gaming news that closely and just want to passively see what BigGames™ people care about?
    This is the place!

~

Thread concept:

The basic idea is to list new games that you are interested in, as well as games you are potentially curious about or want to give wider attention to. You can briefly describe them or ask other people to help fill you in. The hope is that regular threads like these can act as a collective filter/discovery mechanism to help people decide what is worth checking out.

"New games" means any new title that is being released or ported this month in any capacity (not "backlogs/what you are playing this month"). The angle here is sharing your anticipation and promoting game discovery (as opposed to sharing comments about a first playthrough in progress - that belongs elsewhere).

• If you want a handy list that covers most of the major upcoming games of the month, here's a couple text lists of upcoming games:

Feel free to post other lists or list videos of upcoming releases that you find useful.

• Final request: If you are the first person to mention a game please provide (at minimum) a short sentence description. (If it is a very big AAA release though, then don't worry about it.) This is a good convention that makes the thread more useful as a discovery mechanism, and especially helps out anyone who doesn't follow the news as closely as you.

• If I ever finish Wasteland 3 than Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 and 2 will be my next game.

Youtube Video

Available September 4, on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.

• Been looking forward to Marvel's Avengers for a while now so that's my big game of September (4th). I've also been waiting forever for 13 Sentinels which is the next game from Vanillaware which I've been a huge fan of (22nd). Personally this game seems very different from their pass work, extremely positive work of mouth has gotten me excited as this game seems kinda more of a visual novel then their past games which were mostly 2-D action RPGs.

• Spelunky 2, baby! It's the sequel to the 2D platformer game that is famous for it's randomized chaos. Coming September 15. Since THPS is only 40 dollars, I probably can afford to double dip with this one.

Youtube Video

• Youtube Video

My most hype game this year. I do hope EZA plan to review this game.

• While I won't be playing it for some time, Avengers is my most looked forward to game of this month. I'm a massive Destiny Stan, so that with a Marvel skin is basically my jam.

• i'm getting tony hawks pro skater and the joker and hero amiibo's but nuthin else.

September is pretty barebones and doesn't have really have anything interesting. i'm just gonna wait to see what the next Nintendo mini direct drops since the last 2 were pretty bland aside from SMTV

• I'll be checking out the last 2 parts of Tell me Why on gamepass. I enjoyed the first part. Bit of a return to form so far after the slightly disappointing Life is Strange 2.

• I changed my mind. My Septembers sorted.

Youtube Video

• Mafia: Definitive Edition arrives on September 25th. Never played the 2002 original but I've heard so much praise for it, so this remake will hopefully be a "dream come true" version of the game now. I never had any complains about Mafia 3, either, so this has a very good chance to shine bright for me.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia:_Definitive_Edition

• Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2
    I put 30 hours into the demo...with one stage. This is scratching a itch that's long needed scratching.

Avengers
    It's beta was alright, and I think it's base gameplay is a bit if mindless fun.

Super Mario 3D All Stars
    Well it's been rumored, it's announced and it's coming out soon. That and I can play Sunshine on the go.

• @yoshi Ah yes, three bare minimum port jobs repackaged for $60, available for a limited time, before they become Disney Nintendo Vaulted. I too cannot wait to replay Mario 64 in 720p 4:3 on my Nintendo Switch with such great additional feature as... [checks notes] ...a music player! Also, they're soooooooo generous to offer people in the US who play their Gacha Nightmare Mario Kart Tour and pay the full SIXTY DOLLARS for this a nice set of FREE************* pins!

*Requires full purchase of Super Mario 3D All Stars
    *Must also download and play a Mario Kart Tour Tourney
    *Must also check out their dumb website that cannot stop crashing
    *While Supplies Last, but you cannot complete 2 goals currently because of those first two points

• It'd be nice if I could buy them individually. I have no interest in Super Mario 64 or Sunshine port cause I still have those games ready to rock n roll, but I've never finished Galaxy and considering EVERYBODY seems to love that game, maybe I should see past the waggle controls and give it its honest shake.

This month I'll be playing THPS 1 & 2. It's a comfort food series for me and I need it now more than ever cause my job is killing me and if I'm gonna play anything, it NEEDS to be comforting.

• @dipset said:

It'd be nice if I could buy them individually.

I half expect once they sunset the Collection at the end of March they're going to split the three games up and sell them individually for more each. Of course that's just speculation, and they might seriously be Disney Vaulting them to artificially add time gate scarcity to hype up demand like total scumbags, because Nintendo has been hanging around Disney and Apple way too much since the Wii era.

• @dipset sick pun. Also, I don't love Galaxy and it's entirely because of the waggle. Don't hate it either but waggle holds it back from reaching as high as 64, Sunshine and Odyssey for me.

It's also funny Galaxy 2 isn't included as that makes it painfully clear they are somehow going to stretch this into 2 sets but that's fine with me as I only wanted 64 and Sunshine anyway. As long as this all runs ok, I can finally sell my copy of Sunshine!

• @e_zed_eh_intern said:

Also, I don't love Galaxy and it's entirely because of the waggle.

I too don't love Galaxy like others do. They're alright though. The waggle only ever bothered me in 2 when they turned the difficulty up and how there's certain stages you rely on the waggle perfectly registering every time or you just die, which is not fun when it fails to register.

• @mbun apparently motion is optional for Galaxy?!?! I may come to love it yet! If they do this for Galaxy 2 I will 100% give that game another shot. I don't just hate the waggle but also digging everything out and then putting it all out of child reach after I'm done.

• @e_zed_eh_intern yeah a big part of why i don't get why everyone gives galaxy so much is because people always seem to say it's motion controls were really innovative.

for the most part they really weren't imo. was just waggle most of the time. only the monkey ball style levels which there were few of seemed to motion controls in an interesting way

• @mbun wait the pins aren't a my Nintendo reward? that's pretty stupid. yeah.

• I also want to say I'm pretty sure it's an open pre-order. I feel like they were hoping to create fear in people that it being limited by time also meant it was limited in quantity. I also feel like they likely succeeded.