Brandon Watches Evangelion ?

• Is it going to happen eventually?

• Has he even shown any interest in seeing it? It doesn't feel like the kind of anime that he would enjoy. It's not even that good or orginal (seeing as how it was inspired by another anime).
    Isn't it better to maybe show him something more his style? I mean this is a guy that loves Disney, Star Wars, Batman, etc. So wouldn't stuff like Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, Big O, Tiger & Bunny, Space Battleship Yamato 2199 and so on be better?

• @suplextrain said in Brandon Watches Evangelion ?:

Has he even shown any interest in seeing it? It doesn't feel like the kind of anime that he would enjoy. It's not even that good or orginal (seeing as how it was inspired by another anime).
    Isn't it better to maybe show him something more his style? I mean this is a guy that loves Disney, Star Wars, Batman, etc. So wouldn't stuff like Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, Big O, Tiger & Bunny, Space Battleship Yamato 2199 and so on be better?

I believe the rationale behind picking Evangelion is because Brandon's opinion of anime was that the characters are too cool, confident and competent and not in danger of dying, so they wanted to throw Shinji Ikari at that statement.

As funny as that is I do agree that the traditional greeting of Cowboy Bebop is probably more likely to give him a good impression and make him actually like an anime

• This might happen if Brandon loses a bet, which won't happen so easily..

• Hasn't he already seen Bebop? Thought he mention that in one of the streams or podcasts.

A miniseries Brandon Watches Evangelion would be pretty great, though if he ever does watch it I think it's more likely he'll just talk about it on Frametrap.