Games You Wish You Played Sooner

• What games do you wish you played a lot sooner than you did? Thanks to Nintendo gifting us with Super Mario All-Stars I finally got to try Super Mario Sunshine-which I feel I should've played as a kid on the GameCube.

• I have a habit of not wanting to be a part of the zeitgeist when games come out. It stresses me out having too many conversations when something is hot, and so oftentimes I'll wait for things, even go so far as to tell myself why I don't care to play it, and then have that moment from the end of the Not Funny GT sketch about Titanfall.

Youtube Video – [03:20..]

Most recently off the top of my head, probably Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I played it at friends' houses growing up, but I never had an N64. My sister recently gifted me one, and I love that game! Not my favorite Zelda, but still excellent!

• Mário 64. I was a PlayStation teen, Mario 64 was captivating but never had the opportunity to try it. Fast forward to 4 years ago when 36 year old me is playing it for the first time and realising it is indeed one of the best games ever made and how delightful and mind-blowing would have been to play it back then. On the other hand tried Ocarina of Time and couldn't get into it.

Right now can't wait to start Sunshine. Brand "new" 3D Mario in a horrible year like 2020, I really hope I enjoy it!

• I wish I would have played the mainline Final Fantasy games when I was younger. My first Final Fantasy games were Final Fantasy Tactics A2 and Final Fantasy XIII. I played them both around the same time when XIII released on Xbox 360.

Final Fantasy was not popular among my friends and I was a dumb kid. And even now, I still haven't finished any of the SNES, PS1, PS2 games. I've tried going back to some of those games, but I just can't seem to get invested in them. Which is unfortunate because I'm sure if I would have played them back when they released, I would have really enjoyed them, like I have with FF XV and FF VII Remake.

Also, Square Enix needs to make a new Final Fantasy Tactics, those games are so good.

• Just remembered another one: Pokemon Snap!

I gave this game such a hard time for years after it came out. A photography game? On rails? Please. My best buddy tried to convince me for the longest time that it was good, and I wouldn't hear any part of it. Then I got that N64 with the game, booted it up, and it was some of the most jolly times I've had on the system. My girlfriend and I played it for days trying to find all the secrets and get the best photos. It's now one of my favorite games on the system that I've played and I'm stoked for the new one on Switch. I eat my words, Snap is wonderful.

• @happygaming Reminds me of things I've heard people go through with the Harvest Moon etc. games. "A game about farming? There's no way that's fun." Then they play it and end up having a great time.

• Resident Evil 4. I tried it some months ago thinking I was going to have a great time but I hated the gameplay so much that I just quit during the first 30m of so. Probably had I played it back then gameplay would be acceptable.