Games You Wish You Played Sooner

• Another game I wish I played sooner was XIII. Again I was too young to be able to buy a copy for myself being 11 years of age. Of course I only remind myself of this because the remake is coming out on Tuesday.

• @jdincinerator I played it at a buddy's house down the street years and years back. I'm actually really stoked for the remake, even if it isn't perfect, it's such a unique game I'd like to try out!

• I'll probably have to go with Borderlands for this question.

I bought it (game of the year edition) in sale for under $10 last month and everything just clicked. I fell in love with the first hour of the first game and now have alot to catchup to as I've understand all three games are 80+ hours worth of content. Something I'm okay with exhausting as long as I'm having fun. Which is exactly the case right now.

• Yakuza. Everything Yakuza. I was a big River City Ransom kid growing up, and I played every character action game I could looking for something that felt anywhere close. Yakuza was the thing that has been the closest in tone and in terms of combat being deep and shallow at the same time.

• Definitely the Shenmue games. I didn't know much about the series until I started watching the Allies, being invested in their content and curious about their past. Huber's love for the series has been documented numerous times, and I thought the game looked quite interesting. I got to try the first game with the PS4 HD remaster, and while there was a few bugs in the remaster that kinda bothered me, I was very impressed by the game's attentive, careful and deliberate nature. Shenmue 1 is probably one of my favorite games ever, and I also really like the sequel's approach to upping the stakes of Ryo's adventure, although I still prefer the first game. I already started Shenmue III since a few months ago, and I'm very slowly progressing through it while taking in all the joy of exploring it's charming and nostalgic world.

• @happygaming Considering how many great remakes have come out this year-it looks like this might be another one.

• @sazime
    Have a friend who finally started playing them after Kiwami was on PS+, he then tried to convince me to play the series to which I responded "I've been telling you for almost 8 years to try it out"

• Pretty much every PS1 game. I was too young to play some of the classics so I've had to go back and try them. I'm still doing that to this day. And I have to say, I think the PS1 has the best library. All of these games are worth the time.

• @bam541 I'm exactly there for every part of this. I never had a Dreamcast, and so I picked up the HD collection during a bout of unemployment purely based on Huber's enthusiasm and not knowing a lot else about the game, and it's honestly one of my all time favorites now. It's like a warm blanket. There are so few games that operate in quite the same way or have the same feeling.

• I don't know if there are any? I'm not sure what I could have gained from playing any game earlier. Later might be a different story though.