Language support on PS4?

• Hi all,

Weird question I can't seem to find the answer to anywhere - how can I check a games' language support on PS4? I like to play some games fully in Japanese (i.e. with Japanese text and voice), but I can't find clear cut answers for which games this option is available. On the switch eshop they always include supported languages, but they don't seem to have that on the playstation store... Pretty much just trying to figure out if I can buy American copies of Ni No Kuni 2, Yakuza 0, and Persona 5R and still play them fully in Japanese or if I'll have to import copies of them.

• It's 50/50 and depends on your account's region settings and what language the game supports.
    For example the Asia (Hong Kong) version of Gundam Breaker 3 supports English, Japanese and Chinese, but it depends on your region, although cool part is it will automatically switch to the correct language.

• Yeah that's sort of what I've been seeing online. Is there any database that lists the games and available languages/regions? Kind of annoying they don't just include that on the product page

• Sometimes the back of the box has it, although the only place I know that has it more easily searchable is like PlayAsia
    For example DOAX3 list itself as multi language
    https://www.play-asia.com/dead-or-alive-xtreme-3-scarlet-multi-language/13/70cf2x

• Speaking of the god damn Switch, all of the games are the same regardless of region and they just adjust to your system language... is what I thought when I got DQ Builders 2 for my wife. Turns out games that are released and then later translated and released in other regions MAY be different from their original release. So even though her Switch is in Japanese, the game didn't adjust.

Long story short, do your homework and don't be dumb like me.

• @e_zed_eh_intern Yeah I've run into the same issue, which is why I learned to check the eshop for language availability. It's kind of shitty that they don't have the same feature on other storefronts.