EZA Fantasy Football (NFL) 2016: Final Update! That's a Wrap! (Dec. 30)

• Ah, kinda what I figured. Which leads to my next point... are we doing this again next year? I've had a blast and besides the one team that stopped playing weeks ago, I'll say there's been intense match-ups, week after week.

• @SabotageTheTruth

alt text

After the great success of Season 1 I can confirm that there are plans for EZA Fantasy Football Season 2!

In all seriousness this league has gone far better than I could have imagined (so far). I intend on doing this again next season so long as there is interest come next August. I'll probably boot everyone out of the league some time during the offseason and I'll make a new thread for season 2 sign ups right around when the 2017 preseason begins. I'll probably keep Kyle in the league by default since there's a lot of people who wanted to sign up after he mentioned he was playing with us (assuming he still wants to play next season), so that means that there will be 10 other spots open for the taking.

And since there was so much demand after Kyle gave us that shout out I have a much better plan for an overflow league next year. We tried to get one going this year but it didn't work out, so next season along side our traditional ESPN season long league I'll create a second league on one of the daily fantasy sites (probably fanduel) where we can have as many people as we want join in on the fun. Daily Fantasy is a little different too so it should be interesting even to those who are in the standard league! And of course it will be a free to play league so you don't have to worry about gambling real money. The only thing on the line is your honor and your werehogs.

But I'll work out the details when we get closer to next season. The important bit here is that we will have a season 2 of EZA Fantasy Football so long as there are enough people to play!

• I'm not worried about next year yet. I'm just gonna take it one game at a time and give it 110% because there's no "I" in team.

• @TokyoSlim

"Mr Slim, what are your thoughts on the confirmation of EZA Fantasy Football season 2?"
    "We're on to Team Must Be Nice. They're a good organization. Play well in all three phases of the game"
    "You're not at least thinking towards the future, planning your next moves for the upcom......"
    "We're on to Team Must Be Nice"

alt text

• @TheOhrenberger Make sure anyone who's played this year gets first refusal on playing in 'League 1' next year.

• @TheOhrenberger Again, thanks for organizing this man.
    The funnest frustration of the year

• @TheOhrenberger Bill Belichick is who I've modeled my very lifelike human facial expression algorithm from.

Here's a picture of him smiling, for reference.
    alt text

• Global Moderator

Count me in for next years season.

• Yep, I'm definitely in for next year as well. After all, the league champion should have a chance to dominate again in season 2.

I might be slightly delirious from lack of sleep.

• I'' ready for my Sunday Miracle

• @TheHashtag0nist Adter last week and my first defeat against the Rhinos, this is truly delightful

• @TheHashtag0nist I think Rufus had way too much Turkey to be productive with his Sax on Sunday!

• @Alex840 Doesn't really matter much as you are already locked in for the playoffs, but I really needed that win!

• The playoff race is about to be reaalllllly close for the last couple spots in the final week. SO many teams looking at 6-6 right now.

• @ablank2 As long as I get to revenge win over Bosman next week

• alt text

Seattle, WA - (AP)
    When asked about the final week of the regular season, and the rematch against a team that's turned into something of a powerhouse since the early season matchup, GM Slim had this to say:

"We are right in the thick of things, right where we want to be. We've had a few missteps and stumbled along on occasion, but the path to victory isn't always smooth. The path this week brings us back to a familiar foe. The last time we faced off against The Snitches, we played a mediocre game and still managed to pull out a win. We're looking to finish the season strong, and remind everyone in the league that The Rollers can take care of business when there's business to be done.

As a wise man once said, Rollin' through, hittin' switches, Rolling ditches, blowin' kisses to the bitches holdin' biscuits. What's the business? Beat the system"

Indeed, GM Slim. Indeed.

• Week 13 Update!

Love & Respect, allies!

The final week of the regular season is upon us! And of course drama ensues! So many playoff spots on the line! And because of that we're not gonna waste our time on silly things. Time for a quick recap and then to the fun bit!

• The Boston Accents defeated the Wilder Things
    • Some Kind of Super Squad won a close one against The Waifu Warriors
    • The Interbay City Rollers crushed Team Must Be Nice
    • Team 7.8 kept their playoff hopes alive with a win over the Transylvania Werehogs
    • The Original Snitches defeated Persona 5 GOTY EVERY YEAR. No GOTY for you
    • The Ottawa Hashcats kept their playoff dreams alive with a win over The Rufus Rhinos

And here are our standings...

alt text

And more importantly here is the current playoff bracket

alt text

But these are due to change. There are a lot of playoff seats on the line this week, and some of these teams might move out in favor of others

Here are the final match-ups of the regular season:

• Boston Accents v Transylvania Werehogs
    • The Waifu Warriors v Team Must Be Nice
    • Team 7.8 v Some Kind of Super Squad
    • Interbay City Rollers v The Original Snitches
    • Rufus Rhinos v Persona 5 GOTY EVERY YEAR
    • Ottawa Hashcats v Wilder Things

Good luck everyone, except for the Werehogs. I hope you lose.

• @TheOhrenberger Rough start for you, seeing as how you've played one more person than I have and you're still losing. Even if I win, I've gotta hope for some other current 6-6 teams to lose to keep the playoff dream alive. Needless to say, go Bosman!

• @SabotageTheTruth Bosman has gotsa go

• I need a lot of things to break my way this week, including beating a good team. But hey, at least I'm in it! It has been really fun to be in a league that has been so competitive.