EZA Fantasy Football (NFL) 2016: Final Update! That's a Wrap! (Dec. 30)

• @TheOhrenberger @TheHashtag0nist Count me in for the last spot if it's still open!

• Global Moderator

Can I still get in on this?

• Looks like we're getting that Bosman podcast bump!

@TheOhrenberger, anything more concrete on when the draft will be? I open most mornings but I have a job with a lot of downtime, so I could potentially join in even when I'm at work - I just wouldn't be able to give it the attention it deserves so it's not ideal. Evenings are probably my best bet but I realize we have a diverse and busy group here, so I'll try to be as flexible as I can.

• Are people around this Sunday for a draft?

• I'm down for Sunday

• 5 PM PST on Sunday would work out perfect for me.

• 5 PM works for me

• 5PM PST Sunday works for me too.

• @TheOhrenberger I'd like to join if possible. Don't want to mess up the even number though.

• Any chance we can do earlier than 5pm? (as that's 1am for me)

If not then I'll just suck it up as Monday is a public holiday in England.

• @Alex840 Can't speak on behalf of the others, but any earlier Sunday doesn't work for me unfortunately. I've got an event to run that day plus a long commute back home.

• How are we deciding draft order?

• Also, are there any stakes to this or is it fully for funsies?

• I've been debating how to approach this but haven't come up with an elegant answer. I'm really interested in this as a bystander/potential cheerleader. Is there a way of presenting the process in an engaging manner to the rest of us? I have no knowledge of how the game/draft works, but I'd love to get involved in the ups and downs of the league if at all possible. Don't want to derail anything or step on anyone's toes, just a fleeting thought that it would be amazing if it could be opened up to the forum at large to participate in some small way.

• So I'm a little behind on the thread, but it looks like we have a couple more people who want in. I'll take a look at it all when I get home and figure out who's in and who didn't make the cut if we have too many.

As for draft day: I am fine any day any time. If you guys can all agree on a date I'll make it happen. So continue to talk amongst yourselves about that and figure a date out if you haven't already.

As for those of you who may not get in but still want to follow along: I will try to keep this thread updated weekly. I also imagine that general league discussion will take place here. Pick a side and root for your favorite ally.

When I get home tonight I will grab my laptop and set up whatever needs setting up and catch up on this thread and my messages.

I'm super excited that there is a lot of interest! I didn't think we'd get eight and it looks like we'll have a 12 team league. It's gonna get deep on that draft, so start your research and find some sleepers because we've got 15 rounds of drafting coming up soon!

• @TheOhrenberger

I demand silly names, team colours and coordinated pompoms!

• @TheHashtag0nist said in EZA Fantasy Football (NFL) 2016:

Also, are there any stakes to this or is it fully for funsies?

Your honor is at stake

• @SilentConsonant @FatalFrosti

I'm so sorry but right now we have hit our 12 teams. I mentioned in the OP that we could extend to a 14 team league, but I actually meant to edit that out. And trust me you don't want to do a 14 team league. You'd be starting players who barely play a role and some people would have a very hard time filling out their bench. So I don't think we're going to do that.

If someone doesn't sign up or someone drops out I will use you two as alternates though. I'll let you know if you're called up.

• @Alex840 said in EZA Fantasy Football (NFL) 2016:

How are we deciding draft order?

ESPN will probably spit out a random order. We'll just use that. Unless it spits out the order we joined. If that's the case I'll find a way to randomize it.

Also for those who aren't aware or haven't played before, fantasy football uses a snake draft style. So while the 1st round will go 1-12, the second round will go 12-1, and then round 3 goes 1-12, round 4 goes 12-1, and so on and so on. This is done to even things out so no single draft position is better than another. So don't stress too much if you get the 12th pick!

• Global Moderator

@TheOhrenberger No worries! If someone drops let me know! sorry for getting in so late! the forums are so active it's hard to keep up all the time lol!