Videogames With The Best Snow

• Which games make you feel shivery inside because of how pleasingly frozen in snow they are? Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is an immediate favourite here because of how icy and snow drenched the environments can be. Cliffhanger from Modern Warfare 2 was great too with added snowmobile anarchy thrown in for good measure. Forza Horizon 4 looks stunning in snow too as it does in all 4 seasons.

• This post is deleted!

• I never actually played it, but I wanted to because of the snowscapes.
    Youtube Video

Too bad they were stingy with sales until I lost interest.

• @mbun
    Honestly you should grab it's soundtrack, it's like the perfect nap time music
    Youtube Video

• Octopath Traveler

0_1602989185185_7270e87d-d531-4dd6-b6b2-07ab95b1984b-image.png

Youtube Video

• Batman Arkham Origins on PC had some super sexy physically based snow. Loved the way it would sweep up around you during fights.

• Off the top of my head, I was thinking how amazing the first two hours of Red Dead Redemption 2 are where you're in the snow and blizzard area of the first chapter. The way it crunches and trails is really satisfying, and just feels so treacherous and cold.

Youtube Video

I know Journey isn't exactly everyone's favorite game, but there are some powerful parts that have to do directly with snow. The last two chapters compare the harshness of traversing through it, and the elation of flying to the peak of the mountain, and they both bring opposing feelings of comfort and despair. Honestly, just thinking about the final portion of the game makes me emotional.

0_1603051063370_image-asset.jpeg
    0_1603051085243_Journey.png

Final Fantasy VI also just has a stellar intro that gets you in the mood of the world and settles you in with the long walk in the snow to Narche in the Magitech armor. It's one of those introductions that we used to turn on as kids just to watch and listen to the main theme.

Youtube Video

• @dmcmaster It's one of my favorite parts of the game honestly. I used to listen to it when I worked as movie theater management and we closed down at like 3-4am on premiere nights. After a long rough day, it was nice to sit in an office and chill to this.