Best Musou Games

• With Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity coming out, it's had me thinking about the Musou genre. I've had a difficulty enjoying it in the past, and so have maybe been a little bit dismissive of it. But I want to give the genre a shot beyond just Dynasty Warriors.

What are some games of the genre that everyone holds in high regard? Are there some that stand apart in the genre and are especially exceptional as I hear Hyrule Warriors is this time around? What are some games you'd recommend to get someone into the genre?

• @happygaming Try Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage and Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2-also Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise-though I don't know if that one's Musou and also it's developed by the Yakuza devs. I really recommend Lost Paradise if you love the Yakuza games and Judgment. I think the Ken's Rage games are different enough although Musou is quite a mediocre genre that gets old fast.

Youtube Video

• One Piece: Pirate Warriors.

Although it heavily depends if you enjoy or are familiar with the series. If you're not, I'd say skip it.